Online Home Poker (4 Viewers)

Following this thread for my own research. I'd love to know what you all don't like about the existing platforms. What's a perfect solution to this problem look like to you?
privacy … realism … audio chat … blinds customization

privacy … realism … audio chat … blinds customization
I will almost definitely not be touching audio chat. But the rest are my goals, also! What's privacy mean here? Just playing only with people you know and have allowed into your game?

I will almost definitely not be touching audio chat. But the rest are my goals, also! What's privacy mean here? Just playing only with people you know and have allowed into your game?
Yes. And I figured audio chat would be too much to ask. But that would be a great feature.

I just wanted to start a new thread about this topic. We have a game on friday and are about to cancel it. Following :)

Customable chips, cards, etc.would be nice. Back in the days there was a site with customable player characters. Doing some research.

Edit: It was Pkr Poker. But they‘re broke.

Last edited:
Trying to get set up on Pokerrrr 2 … I created my Club. Then it looks like I need to click on "Invite" so that my players will receive an e-mail or text, correct? So once they are in my Club, then I need to go to the "Private" tab and then click the "Host Game" button? It looks like it defaults to a cash game. How do I set up the structure to my preferences? The FAQ sucks. Maybe I need to watch the video.

I am just trying the trial version but the Lite version would all you will ever need if you just run a single table. But I definitely wouldn’t recommend this for just a couple games during quarantine.
We are actually talking about having our regular "live" home game every month as usual (once the quarantine period ends), but also playing online for a weekly game. Same stakes and structure, just online.

Watching this with interest to see what people suggest for hosting an occasional home game until we can play live again.

My buddies and I are also looking for online options.
Have we decided that Pokerrrr 2 is the best option for real money games?

Anyone using Poker Bros? A guy I play with occasionally keeps pushing it (I think because he gets some bonus if he refers people.)

Reactions: BTG
My buddies and I are also looking for online options.
Have we decided that Pokerrrr 2 is the best option for real money games?

I am playing around with PokerStars, Pokerrrr2, and PolerMavens. If you are just trying to get through a couple games in the next few weeks then yes Pokerrrr2 is probably the best. Download it now and give it a shot. If it works for you don’t look further.

If you want to get set up on something more long term then PokerStars is really stable and great play if you only play tournaments and don’t care about customization and can live with a set tournament structure outside of your control. I am still working on Poker Mavens which has the most customization but it is incredibly in depth to set up because it’s actually made as the back end for other poker websites.

I am playing around with PokerStars, Pokerrrr2, and PolerMavens. If you are just trying to get through a couple games in the next few weeks then yes Pokerrrr2 is probably the best. Download it now and give it a shot. If it works for you don’t look further.

OK, I've got some questions about Pokerrrr2:
  1. How much does it cost to play? (We'd have about 8-10 guys playing for about 6 hours)
  2. Can the game be a non-tournament cash game?
  3. Can the blinds, buy-in, and re-buys be customized?
  4. Can it be used on a PC?

1. How much does it cost to play? (We'd have about 8-10 guys playing for about 6 hours)

1. cost is based on coins which varies based on tournament structure or cash game is 6 coins per hour and I just checked and 136 coins is $19.99. Tournaments are set per game based on the characteristics you set. Expect to pay roughly $4-5 per game to host. You start with 30 free coins.
2. yes and both are completely customizable
3. yes. You can use the default or input your own entirely custom blind schedule. Set rebuy freeze out level etc.
4. no

Last edited:
Trying to get set up on Pokerrrr 2 … I created my Club. Then it looks like I need to click on "Invite" so that my players will receive an e-mail or text, correct? So once they are in my Club, then I need to go to the "Private" tab and then click the "Host Game" button? It looks like it defaults to a cash game. How do I set up the structure to my preferences? The FAQ sucks. Maybe I need to watch the video.

You don't actually invite with an email or anything like that. Players download the app and then just input your referral code into the app on the settings screen. That'll get you an extra 10 coins (you have to accept it from your mail).

Not sure how to set up a tourney as we play only cash. It looks like it's the SNG (single table?) option though. MTT is multi-table tournament for sure.

In regards to cash game cost, there's a couple of ways to lessen the cost, but the base rate is $.166 per coin which is 10 min of time. So basically $1 per hour not taking into account discounts for buying coins in bulk ($3 for 18 coins is the smallest transaction available).

There's also a 20min initial free period and the ability to buy a 3 hour pass for 8 coins once per day.

For a 6 hour game, that would work out to 5:40 paid hours at 8 coins for 3 hours and 16 coins for the additional 2:40 hours, or $4.

You start off with 10 coins for free but can get an additional 10 coins for each referral or when you create a club for the first time. You also get a coin every 24 hours.

OK, so Poker Mavens looked very promising and tons of customization. But it requires that you open up your firewalls and setup your computer as the game server so that the other players can access the game on your computer via web browser. While this looked like the most promising software, this aspect isn't something I am comfortable with from a security or legal standpoint.

Last edited:
A lot of online action in Norway on the pokerrrr2 app. Played quite a few hours on it myself, and really like it. It has NLHE, PLO, 5card PLO and OCF. Customizable game setup with your stakes/rake/straddling /etc. Can recommend. I have not been hosting games myself, but I know that you will have to buy ingame "gold" to be able to continously host games. I think this cost is pretty negligible, but depends on your stakes and if there's a rake.

Some issues that I see with it:
- single users with multiple devices can play on the same table (can be denied if you know the real identity behind the online nicknames)
- collusion between multiple players. (As far as I know there are no limits on how many players playing on the same IP address, like there is on many other poker clients like PokerStars.) people can still share their hole cards while not in the same location though, obviously. Guess this goes for all internet poker to some degree, but it's probably more likely to happen if the total group of players is small and all know each other.

All in all I'm a big fan of the app. Works great. BTW if someone sets it up, I would definitely join a PCF group on pokerrrr2. Playing on my phone is much easier these days, than spending hours in front of my computer.

Last edited:
Anyone having issues logging into Pokerrrr? A few people have tried in my group tonight including myself and no one can log in. It gets stuck on the intro screen with the "please check your network status" message. Quitting and restarting the app or restarting the phone/tablet makes no difference. My phone actually was originally logged in, but when I quit the app I couldn't get back in.

I'm wondering if the servers are overloaded. Almost every home game in the world is suddenly looking for alternatives.

It was working fine for us before earlier this evening. But we actually moved back over to PokerStars and as long as you can get comfortable with one of the tournament formats we are finding the play incredibly stable and trustworthy. Everyone is really liking the trustworthiness of PokerStars and accepting the tournament limitations.

Anyone having issues logging into Pokerrrr? A few people have tried in my group tonight including myself and no one can log in. It gets stuck on the intro screen with the "please check your network status" message. Quitting and restarting the app or restarting the phone/tablet makes no difference. My phone actually was originally logged in, but when I quit the app I couldn't get back in.

I'm wondering if the servers are overloaded. Almost every home game in the world is suddenly looking for alternatives.
I noticed this earlier too. Thought it was just my phone.

The two complaints I have read more about as I have played Pokerrrr2 in the last couple days is that 1) the connection or gameplay can be unstable and can lag or freeze (I haven’t experienced this at all but two of my regular players have) and 2) occasionally there are unrealistic run outs etc. (I haven’t witnessed this either).

Although I am really disappointed in al dot lack of customization with PokerStars, the stability and play is notable.

It was working fine for us before earlier this evening. But we actually moved back over to PokerStars and as long as you can get comfortable with one of the tournament formats we are finding the play incredibly stable and trustworthy. Everyone is really liking the trustworthiness of PokerStars and accepting the tournament limitations.
Looks like they are indeed having problems. Hopefully they are using a service like AWS and can expand capacity relatively easily and quickly.

Unfortunately my group started off playing cheap tourneys and switched to cash games years ago. No one really likes playing tournaments anymore. Maybe if they get desperate enough we'll start one, but if we get to that point we would probably just set up a Poker Mavens server.

Last edited:
The two complaints I have read more about as I have played Pokerrrr2 in the last couple days is that 1) the connection or gameplay can be unstable and can lag or freeze (I haven’t experienced this at all but two of my regular players have) and 2) occasionally there are unrealistic run outs etc. (I haven’t witnessed this either).

Although I am really disappointed in al dot lack of customization with PokerStars, the stability and play is notable.
As I mentioned, they've very likely had a massive increase in traffic over the last week, so I can't fault them too much for that right now.

I think the runout thing is just uninformed people venting. The app has been certified by GLI, which also certified Poker Stars. People play more hands online than at home and can remember more bad beats with hand tracking available. It's just human nature to look for patterns even when there aren't any.

Last edited:

Lol, if you think people are only ranting about the runout on this app, think again. I can't count how many times I have heard different people claim some crazy story that this or that poker client is trying to rip their specific account off. - pokerStars more so than any other probably

Can you buy-in and cash out in Pokerrrr 2? I don't see how.

Last edited:
OK I think I get it now.

So if I were the host, everyone would send me their buy-ins via Venmo or PayPal. I would then pay them out at the end of the night.

So can the host allocate a certain number of chips to each player (to match their buy-in)?

EA299551-2205-4C5E-AA2C-930036ECD4D2.jpeg
It gives you game reports on profit and loss so you can easlily collect and pay out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom