Old School / Union Station / Mountain Top - Sunfly Group Order Thread (1 Viewer)

I purchased some a few months back before the group buy stalled. You’ll see them from time to time

I’m glad I kept them :)

Prototypes are in. I am reviewing with P5. I think there are a couple tweaks needed.

Let me know if you feel something is off.

Sneak peek:
Old School (Edge).jpg
Old School (Face 2).jpg
Union Station (Edge).jpg
Union Station (Face 2).jpg

The only Old School/Union Station chips I ordered were some green Old School non-denoms. I really like how these came out! :tup:

At first glance the old school $100 seems dull, don't know if that is jus the difference between spot colors compares to US $1

Take my opinion with grain of salt since I only ordered MTs

They did prototypes for the MTT/MTC chips and pulled the original prototypes to compare against (note: chips marked "SCF" are the originals). Seems like they are identical. Again, let me know if you feel something is off.

Mountain Top Tourney (Edge A).jpg
Mountain Top Tourney (Face 1A).jpg
Mountain Top Tourney (Face 2A).jpg
Mountain Top Cash (Edge A).jpg
Mountain Top Cash (Face 1A).jpg
MT Labels.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome! What are the tweaks needed??
P5 and I think we should make the following adjustments:
1) Bold the dealer text on the US button edge
2) OS $100 - lighten the red and brown
3) US 5000 - make chip match the brown on the label
4) US 1000 - make the red lighter
5) Center the edge text for the rebuy chip

P5 and I think we should make the following adjustments:
1) Bold the dealer text on the US button edge
2) OS $100 - lighten the red and brown
3) US 5000 - make chip match the brown on the label
4) US 1000 - make the red lighter
5) Center the edge text for the rebuy chip

Agree with these color tweeks except IMO this one should be...
3) US 5000 - make label match the brown on the chip (chip color looks good to me, label looks off)

Nice buttons. Were we supposed to list the quantities wanted in our order? Guess I missed that. :banghead:

Where did the pink bounty chips come from?
-- never saw those....

Add 20 to my order if possible.

Nice buttons. Were we supposed to list the quantities wanted in our order? Guess I missed that. :banghead:
I had them in the original post. Didn’t have pics yet since the artwork wasn’t finalized

Please reference the set name, type (labelled chips, blanks, labels), number of chips/labels, and chip denomination. Also, indicate if you are interested in extras such as dealer button, bounty chips, and rebuy chips.

Example:
Union Station
100 - $5
200 - $25
100 - $100
1 - DB
15 - Bounty

Where did the pink bounty chips come from?
-- never saw those....

Add 20 to my order if possible.
I have already paid Sun-Fly so any changes would require another wire...and that would be pretty cost prohibitive for a small add-on

I have already paid Sun-Fly so any changes would require another wire...and that would be pretty cost prohibitive for a small add-on
Or alternately change my 20x USC grey blanks to 20x USC blank pink bounty chips. No currency exchange required. :)

Where were these ever discussed or shown?

Or alternately change my 20x USC grey blanks to 20x USC blank pink bounty chips. No currency exchange required. :)

Where were these ever discussed or shown?
They were discussed in the original interest thread. P5 said he would only do up the artwork if minimums were met. I had mentioned in the OP to note any interest in bounty/DB/rebuy.

I contacted the people who ordered the rebuy and bounty chips and it was agreed to use the 44mm octagon for the rebuy and the 47mm polychrom for the bounty.

I have sent the revised artwork to sunfly to produce another prototype (see below):

C619ACF6-5E4E-4A28-9981-822E9C5F27A8.jpeg
A8B34C07-741A-45EC-B2FC-A680B3A4A3AA.jpeg

I have also requested that the black chips (OS 20, OS 1000, US 100) to be printed with a deeper/richer black to more closely resemble the black color on the label.

I also request for them to change the brown on the US $5000 label to match the chip color. The two colors are the same in the artwork but since they are different material, they came out different. Sunfly will play around with the label color and send a revised prototype.

They cannot guarantee perfect alignment on the octagon edges but they said they will do their best to make it happen.

We’re almost ready for mass production.

How does the red MT cash $5 compare to the original? The pic looks more red and the brown looks a little darker, but i may be the lighting.

The other cash chips look spot on!

Thanks again!

Last edited:
I don’t really notice but I can ask sunfly for better pictures if you’d like. Please note that I don’t have any chips in hand. It’s Sunfly taking pictures and sending to me.

I don’t really notice but I can ask sunfly for better pictures if you’d like. Please note that I don’t have any chips in hand. It’s Sunfly taking pictures and sending to me.

Wow, I didn't know that, I though they would send them to you in hand.
Not a big deal, they look great to me as is.
I know that any time you add on to an existing set from a different production batch there will always be a chance for a slight variation in color.
I'm prepared to live with that :cool

Thanks again!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom