Oh What A Beautiful Sunset This Is (1 Viewer)

just my personal preference.. this reminds me of a plain minimum customized unspotted tournament type chip.. Don't get it wrong though, the inlays are very beautiful and unique, just doesn't catch my eye for some reason and they sorta remind me of plastic chips.. i dont know why, maybe i'm just a poker noob so dont mind me

No worries at all sir. Every custom set isn't for everyone. I'm fine with the critiques. The sunset theme has a meaning behind it for me and its something that I think about every time I play with these (I believe its in the OP).

Hosted a HOPES cash game last night. Damn did I get my ass handed to me. Lost three buy ins. I was hitting big hands and scooping a few double boards and SOHE hands. I also had the curse of "second" best in a couple of big hands that cleaned me out.

20160325_202858_zpstef77hag.jpg

20160325_210755_zpsm3rvi34b.jpg

almost even

20160325_220640_zps0vvb0wtx.jpg

Those colors really pop! Did you oil these recently? Beautiful set.

E

Just in when I got them at the end of December. I wanted bright colors that would reflect well with the sunset theme. I want with all retro or dayglo unweighted chips.

Thanks for the compliment.

Yikes! I've never seen Paulo's stack so low! Perhaps he can be defeated....

Now I'm really looking forward to the next meetup.

Yikes! I've never seen Paulo's stack so low! Perhaps he can be defeated....

Now I'm really looking forward to the next meetup.

Hahahaha... Thanks for the complement Zombs but as the SQM attendees can attest, I significantly 'contributed' to their chip set purchases after the meet-up...

Having said that, the reason why my stack is low at that point is because it is in the middle of the table! :)

I had a pretty good night, hovering around $300 on a $100 buy-in until I got tangled with @detroitdad and @mike32 in a $800 pot. I pushed too hard on SOHE with AA and QJT9ds on a board that gave me a huge wrap on the O side... That hurt me badly close to the end of the session... I ended up a small looser on cash and a great winner in how much fun I had :)

Really looking forward to seeing u and Liz at The Post and battle it out on the felt!

Hahahaha... Thanks for the complement Zombs but as the SQM attendees can attest, I significantly 'contributed' to their chip set purchases after the meet-up...

Having said that, the reason why my stack is low at that point is because it is in the middle of the table! :)

I had a pretty good night, hovering around $300 on a $100 buy-in until I got tangled with @detroitdad and @mike32 in a $800 pot. I pushed too hard on SOHE with AA and QJT9ds on a board that gave me a huge wrap on the O side... That hurt me badly close to the end of the session... I ended up a small looser on cash and a great winner in how much fun I had :)

Really looking forward to seeing u and Liz at The Post and battle it out on the felt!

I might have been the "big" loser of the night. Screw inviting new people to the game, lol.............I haven't been tilted like that in awhile.

As I said to you Paulo. I greatly appreciate you making the drive to my place. Its always a pleasure to see you and @mike32

I might have been the "big" loser of the night. Screw inviting new people to the game, lol.............I haven't been tilted like that in awhile.

As I said to you Paulo. I greatly appreciate you making the drive to my place. Its always a pleasure to see you and @mike32

Always a blast playing at your place Bill! Thanks for everything, you're a great host and friend...

We are very fortunate to have our scene here in SE Michigan! Awesome people (most important ) chips, cards, basements etc. Thanks Bill for another great evening with the boys. They talk about new guys winning like Doug did, maybe there is something to that. He was getting good cards all night!

A buddy came out for dinner last night. I had him bring his Venerati chips so we could play a little heads up cash.

We played .25/.25 with a 20.00 buy in, dealers choice (Crazy Pinepple, HL, PLO, and yes, some heads up SOHE, lol).

I was on a heater, hitting everything. I double up and he rebuys. We take a dinner break. After dinner he went on a heater and flopped set after set after set. It was kind of funny. He got all his money back including my buy in. I rebuy. We plan to play for about another 20 minutes. At the end of the session I cashed out at 39.75 for a loss of .25. It was a lot of fun.

20160402_165046_zpsewcfigco.jpg

Around 8 pm last night I decided I wanted to host a cash game tonight. Sent out text invites. We're playing at 7 with 6-9 players :) Great group of degenerates.

@ThePunk is the only PCF'er confirmed. @bonesnjnts is going to try and make.

Getting the SP's into play tonight. They haven't seen the felt in quite some time.

20160430_190628_zpsvr6lwpmp.jpg

20160127_121551_zpsak2y7tqc.jpg

I love the story behind them and the execution of it. I look forward to playing with them!

We just quit . Big winner was my buddy Marc. In for 100. Out for 740.

I was in for 300. Out at 405

Final stack

Our Cincinnati is every player dealt 4 cards, must play at least 2 but can play 3 or 4 hole cards. Normal flop turn river etc. Hi only, pot limit.

Game this SAT. .25/.50 stakes, HOPES format. As of now I only have 5 committed (one a late arrival) and two possible players. Still about a half dozen or so that I haven't heard from. If were at 7 or less I'm planning on suggesting a dealers choice per orbit format. If not, HOPES is perfectly fine.

@mike32 looking forward to having a drink with you (and @ChaosRock if you can finagle your way to my house :) )

20161021_222647_zpsu5yyn1n7.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom