Oh What A Beautiful Sunset This Is (1 Viewer)

detroitdad

Royal Flush
Reaction score
My Sunset chips arrived more than two weeks early. WOW......Thanks @David Spragg

First props has to go to @Johnny5 . He put out exactly what I had pictured in my head. That can be tough to do with me :) Thanks, and it was great working with you. Hopefully I'm not reaching out to you anytime soon. Alas, I already have another theme sprouting in my head. Thank god I'm Poker broke.

Next thanks goes to @Payback . His commemorative chips to his son inspired me to do the same concerning my grandson.

I wasn't sure what to expect with the FDL mold. I had seen samples, but I honestly wasn't "in love" with the mold. It was the only mold I felt that the sunset design would work with. I'm so glad I went this route. The FDL is much more prominent on the mold than what I expected. The feel/sound of the chips are standard cpc quality. They stack like brick houses. I fucking love them.

One thing I love most. The blues are well, all the same blue. The lavenders are all the same shade of lavender....You get the point. Love it love it love it.

Just a quick reiteration of why the sunset mold means something to me.

My wife, who I refer to as Coffee Mate is everything to me. We celebrated our 20th Anniversary in Mexico. The beach sunsets were just beautiful. One of the things that we enjoyed most was taking a plate of breakfast snacks and a pitcher of coffee, and sitting out and enjoying the sunrise (Beer and Tequila in the evening for the sunsets). I built my first custom set on piece of shit china clays. I kept them for 6 years. Finally decided it was time to do it right.

Here they are

20160104_182713_zpsr0m6xzsz.jpg

20160104_182301_zpsgs4rdpm0.jpg

20160105_192058_zpsdrj2x67s.jpg

20160106_161518_zpskak1y42f.jpg

20160106_161458_zps0ola6si1.jpg

20160106_161439_zpssjvwn34d.jpg

20160106_161045_zps7nwpp9ld.jpg

20160106_161101_zpsbkgnixyy.jpg

20160106_161136_zpsm3tsrzwk.jpg

20160106_160703_zps7bfx7bxc.jpg

20160106_160639_zps2ycnxbwf.jpg

20160106_160625_zpsmif5xiux.jpg

20160106_160615_zpsolgbm2y5.jpg

starting stacks

20160106_160458_zps28z8xpjw.jpg

20160106_160559_zpsdrk5wu1u.jpg

Love the fact that the inlays match the chip colors!

@Johnny5 nailed the quarter and one on his first try. Fantastic. I think the one is my favorite of the bunch. The fiver was the hardest. He probably did a dozen versions or so of it. The 25 and 100 only took a few tries as well.

That five was a pain in the ass.......well, not for me :)

Congrats bud, very jealous of anybody with a custom set, one day I'll have one though. Love the quarters and love the ones.

I'm also jealous of the games you guys get going in Michigan, if I'm ever out that way I would love to play with you guys, seems like it would be a blast and you guys can take my stacks and find out what Seattle money looks like. ;)

The Dayglo Tiger is a little darker than I anticipated. Its a good thing though. I like it a lot. My primary request was matching the colors with the chips. Couldn't be happier.

Holy crap... I don't really "get" solid sets (have no clue on design etc.) but I still know an awesome one when I see it. That $1 OMG... :eek:

I'm getting samples in FL yes? Yes. Sweet.

Holy crap... I don't really "get" solid sets (have no clue on design etc.) but I still know an awesome one when I see it. That $1 OMG... :eek:

I'm getting samples in FL yes? Yes. Sweet.

Yes sir.

I love solids for a cash set. I love the clean, simple look that they provide. Its definitely a preference thing.

Two of the blue's were broken when I pulled them out of the box. The retro blue chips have a couple of minor nicks in them. Nothing to complain about. There were 4 extra. It covered the broken ones.

Wow!! Stunning set sir. Congrats on an awesome set.

The Dayglo Tiger is a little darker than I anticipated. Its a good thing though. I like it a lot. My primary request was matching the colors with the chips. Couldn't be happier.

Looks red almost. Take one without flash to see how they look like. That lavender $5 is saa-weeeet :D

Great looking set. I love solids. Solids were my first set and still wanting to do a solid custom tourney set.
But now you got me thinking i can get twice as many chips for my custom cash set if i go solids:eek:

Love it. I absolutely LOVE solid sets when they are done right. These are definitely done right.

Congrats on a beautiful sunset ;)

I have a few friends here in San Francisco that would love these color choices! ;)

I've always liked solid sets. One day, I will have a set of custom solids. Nicely done!

Nice job on the set, the theme and color matching came out great

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom