Official Home Game Pics Thread! (81 Viewers)

IMG_7028.jpeg
IMG_7027.jpeg

Playing in the professors game like Rounders! Doing well. $50 buyin. Reds are 50c, whites $1, greens $5. The $20 was one of my professors buying chips off me. Lifes good!
View attachment 1237592
In $50
Out $215
50c/50c blinds or 50c antes, game depending.

Trying hard not to tap the glass as the game breaks lol, actively gave back atleast $20 or $30 in random pots making sure Im invited back. Its a gold mine! Mixed games, nice mansion, OMC folding KK faceup to my cbet on an.A high board. No betting limits in any game

Hold'Em: One of the guys would open fold without even a bet on him on the river. Isolated him a few times, got to the river, and if he didn't have a pair he'd just throw it away without me having to bet.

7card roll-your-own: Fantastic game. No one really paid attention to when people would flip so I'd see a few before rolling. This was a good game to give some back, lots of streets with small bets.

5 Card Draw: Classic. Crazy hand where two people were dealt straights from the pat, one higher than the other.

5 Card Stud: Felt like Cincinnatti Kid! Fun game, only played once.

House rules: dealer's choice but no new games, bets can be however much (raise my $3 to $5 total), cash doesn't play but you can buy chips off another player. That last part got me, I was selling chips most of the game and that adds up. Helped me; as the new guy, I would rather not have a huge obvious stack and my pocket was full by the end of the night.

Random reg on my right put $300 in cash down on the table forcefully, sick of my raises. Host said no the cash doesnt play after I asked, that wouldve changed the dynamic in a big way. Stack's not huge but at this point I've sold over $120 in chips. He has a case full, NO idea why he'd prefer the cash leave the table.
Reds 50c, white $1, green $5
20231209_224610.jpg

Third hand of the night, I told an older gentleman to fold because I'd made a very high hand (straight flush to the Queen). He raised $2, I went allin and just wanted to make it clear that he should get out of the way this time! Yes, I probably missed $3 or 4 bucks in value but I think the good will at this particular home game is more than worth that.

Notables:
-Flopped set of Kings vs Host's flopped set of 4s
-5 card draw, drew 2 and got a flush over a quieter more serious player's straight, tough beat
-Straight after a 5 falls on the river, take an extra $10 off my professor after he raises my bet with trip 5s.

Last edited:
Good chairs, great Jesus why did I wait so long to get some decent chairs?

PXL_20231209_175553838.MP~2.jpg

Another happy splashy Saturday. Had a very nice run on our 1/3 - in for $500, out at $1,730. Wife up, brother was up, it was a good night

PXL_20231210_012234113.jpg

No one is happy when it's boat over boat... except the guy with the bigger boat. (Not pictured: Rage and the stack moving from one side of the table to the other.)

View attachment 1237737

Another happy splashy Saturday. Had a very nice run on our 1/3 - in for $500, out at $1,730. Wife up, brother was up, it was a good night

View attachment 1237739
No one is happy when it's boat over boat... except the guy with the bigger boat. (Not pictured: Rage and the stack moving from one side of the table to the other.)
Bad things happen when hands like J2 are played! Lol awesome setup and that table is sweet!!

@NotRealNameNoSir

Keep us posted on how the Rounders alternative ending plays out. Ya know, now that you’ve sat down at the judges’ game.
Cracks me up. Made fun of me when I didn't know how 5card stud was played AS IF I WAS ALIVE FOR THE CIVIL WAR. Had a big seating advantage, a savy but super tight player sat 2 to my right, and the guy to my immediate right always dealt 5 card draw. In a soft game where there's 0 betting limits for any game played, I liked acting first in that game rather than Hold'em.

Interesting little strategy, in 7 card stud roll-your-own, no one was really paying attention to when everyone flipped their down card so I waited until most of the other people had already flipped. Don't know if it was technically cheating but felt dirty.

Overall very good, clearly already had their own dynamic. I pumped the brakes a bit on raising and 3bets, plus loosened way up. Didn't want to play super aggressive and not be invited back. Never softplayed that much; I wasn't folding winners and I was still winning some big pots, but definitely played nicer.

Ended the night -$14, not including $30 on snacks and pouring about a bottle of bourbon for guests ... ahhh the joys of hosting :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
Hearddat for sure. Its funnier at my microstakes; people complaining about me taking their $5 buyin while sipping on Knob Creek 120 and playing with custom chips!

The $5/$25 combo is just ridiculous. Arc yellow, horizon blue? and blaze edge spots w fantastic red and green base colors

View attachment 1237737

View attachment 1237739
Just when I clamor about HSI we get to see some JD PRON.

And great call on new chairs. It’s as important as any home game item!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom