Official Home Game Pics Thread! (57 Viewers)

Love the stacks of chips on the table. What were the stakes? $1/2 limit?

$.50/$1 no limit. Dark chips are fracs and whites are $1. Apparently the host loves stacks and stacks of chips on the table, which was fun even if the chips are cheap. So almost all bets were made with fracs. In fact, a bet of “six” meant $3, as all verbalized bets were the number of fracs you were betting. So if you wanted to bet $10, you had to say “twenty.”

$.50/$1 no limit. Dark chips are fracs and whites are $1. Apparently the host loves stacks and stacks of chips on the table, which was fun even if the chips are cheap. So almost all bets were made with fracs. In fact, a bet of “six” meant $3, as all verbalized bets were the number of fracs you were betting. So if you wanted to bet $10, you had to say “twenty.”
That sounds tilting as hell to me, but F it at least they're not dice chips!!

Monthly tourney tonight. First time with my Royals with custom labels. T20,000 Starting Stacks, 62 total chips including the Bounty!!!! MoAr ChIpS!!!!!

B6262668-E6C6-4519-8518-32722F2E7498.jpeg
6AB224E5-FE7D-4FB6-9ADD-A453F7761C6E.jpeg

IMG_20200314_235235.jpg

In for £50, out for £146. Managed to snag the high hand (below) for £12 of that.

Pretty insane that in my 16 years of playing poker, I'd only had quads once up until the end of 2019 — but have had them five times already in 2020!

IMG_20200314_213035.jpg

Last edited:
Hosted our league event 6 tonight with cash after. Fun game. I was bubble boy and @WhiteMamba1646 cashed in third in the tourney:

82468C89-1539-4185-902F-2C1A3E585C7C.jpeg
D44C57AF-F195-4CCD-9705-5AC042FB2CE9.jpeg
E01F2622-94DF-4419-BA4D-144C9A0C8843.jpeg
249A68D4-2353-46B2-AFAB-D40838FB472A.jpeg

F9F95AE6-D67D-453C-9975-45832ADE19A4.jpeg

And then I ended up cashing out $212 after buying in for $100 in the cash game after:
BFB8EF4C-C1C3-41D9-8CF3-2454D9700F0D.jpeg

ECC5142D-FA28-451C-8441-3EC574FFCCD6.jpeg
7B938826-35DA-4994-A338-CFE6728F82EA.jpeg

Crazy, crazy all-in hand on the last hand of the night with quads over quads (flop was JJ2):

B560B82F-E318-4F54-AE70-636B6D1D2B57.jpeg

Worst chips ever. On par with dice chips, maybe a slightly better chip because of colors?

Pregame cash:

IMG_20200314_160133200.jpg

Those are stacks of 10. You can't risk stacking them higher than that. In for $120, out for $100. Profit: -$20.

On to the tournament. Slightly better chips. Field of 20 got corona-virused down to field of 17. This was the last event of the season, a triple-stack (T300,000 starting stack with a T100,000 blind structure) freezeout. Top 9 season point totals get a seat in the Championship. I was sitting 11th in points coming in and knew I needed a strong finish to move up to the Top 9.

IMG_20200314_231940496.jpg

A few notable hands. With blinds at T7k/T15k Villain (really, really nice guy, but frustrating to play with because he is the human rain delay...and he always seems to suck out on me) flats, it gets to me and I look down at KK. I pop it to T50k and it folds to him. He flats again. Flop is AAx and he checks. I bet T75k and he calls. Turn blank and he bets out. I fold face up and he shows AK. 70/30 favorite PF means nothing against this Villain. Chips are now below T50k.

I chip up a bit and make the final table with about T100k in chips. I draw the 2 seat, which allows me to post the SB and avoid the oppressive blinds for an orbit (which is finally a full table, starting at a table of 8, including a ghost-stack for a late arrival). Two orbits whittle me down to T54k. I was seeing 9-high offsuit and 6-high offsuit, raised before action got to me. Nothing remotely close to shoving range. I post my ante (T6k) and BB (T40k) and pray. @mike32 raises to T102k and I have to fold my rags. Next hand, I'm SB and post my ante (T6k) and only have T2k of the T20k SB to post (I literally had 1/5th of a BB, 1/20th of a BB after paying the ante). One limper to @mike32 who raises again (to T103k) and it folds to me. I'm excited to see KQo and it folds back to Mike, who tables AJo. Board runs out Broadway for me and I take the antes +2k x 4. Chip and a chair. (Side note: @mike32 lost the hand, but only owed me T2k plus his ante, yet he collected the BB (less 2k) and the limper (less 2k), so he actually made T68k in losing the hand). Later, I was AIPF one more time as BB and won 4-handed. I shoved JJ and for 3 callers Ace on the flop and they checked it down the whole way and my Jack's held, so I managed to chip up out of Shove-or-Fold range. Then I eliminated a player over two consecutive hands with QQ and QQ.

Got down to three players. Blinds were T150k/T300k/T30k. Dealer folded to me in the SB and I bluff-shoved with 53o for T660k hoping to steal. @Azcat called me with A6 and the flop came 666. GG me. (And congrats to @mike32 for winning the Player of the Year!) The 3rd place finish gave me enough points to make next month's Championship. In for $60, out for $180. Profit +$120, Net profit on the night $100.

I could've just gone home (it was 12:30) with next month's $100 buyin in my pocket. Instead, @detroitdad, @ThePunk, @mike32 and @Marc Hedrick plus a few others were playing cash. They were playing O+(dealer choice of single or double board)/E+(dealer choice of 4 or 5 cards)/SOHE. They were on the SOHE round and it was calling me... Slightly better chips, too, as @detroitdad brought his FLV cash set.

IMG_20200315_020614170.jpg

The host would go on to announce later that, "I don't like these chips. I know Bill doesn't agree, but I like my [CC Dunes] cash chips and [CC CPS] tournament chips. I like the colors, and I like that they didn't cost much. I think they're just as good." He wasn't insulting Bill's chips as much as he didn't appreciate the differences. :rolleyes: There's no accounting taste.

Anyway, first hand:

IMG_20200315_003623128.jpg
IMG_20200315_003629854.jpg

We finished with a 4-handed round of Scarney at 3 a.m. In for $200, out for $101. Profit -$99. Net profit on the night, a scrub donkey-tacular $1.

I booked it as a win.

Last edited:
Worst chips ever. Seriously worse than dice chips.

Pregame cash:

View attachment 423256

Those are stacks of 10. You can't risk stacking them higher than that. In for $120, out for $100. Profit: -$20.

On to the tournament. Slightly better chips. Field of 20 got corona-virused down to field of 17. This was the last event of the season, a triple-stack (T300,000 starting stack with a T100,000 blind structure). Top 9 season point totals get a seat in the Championship. I was sitting 11th in points and new I needed a strong finish to move up to the Top 9.

View attachment 423257

Two notable hands. With blinds at T7k/T15k Villain (really, really nice guy, but frustrating to play with because he is the human rain delay...and he always seems to suck out on me) flats, it gets to me and I look down at KK. I pop it to T50k and it folds to him. He flats again. Flop is AAx and he checks. I bet T75k and he calls. Turn blank and he bets out. I fold face up and he shows AK. 70/30 favorite PF means nothing against this Villain. Chips are now below T50k.

I chip up a bit and make the final table with about T100k in chips. I draw the 2 seat, which allows me to post the SB and avoid the oppressive blinds for an orbit (which is finally a full table, starting at a table of 7). Two orbits whittle me down to T54k. I was seeing 9-high offsuit and 6-high offsuit, raised before action got to me. Nothing remotely close to shoving range. I post my ante (T6k) and BB (T40k) and pray. @mike32 raises to T102k and I have to fold my rags. Next hand, I'm SB and post my ante (T6k) and only have T2k of the T20k SB to post. One limper to @mike32 who raises again (to T103k) and it folds to me. I'm excited to see KQo and it folds back to Mike, who tables AJo. Board runs out Broadway for me and a take the antes +2k x 4. Chip and a chair. I was AIPF one more time as BB and won 4-handed, so I managed to survive.

Got down to three players. Blinds were T150k/T300k/T30k. Dealer folded to me in the SB and I bluff-shoved with 53o for T660k hoping to steal. @Azcat called me with A6 and the flop came 666. GG me.

Finished 3rd, but enough points to make next month's Championship. In for $60, out for $180. Profit +$120, Net profit on the night $100.

I could've just gone home (it was 12:30) with next month's $100 buyin in my pocket. Instead, @detroitdad, @ThePunk, and @Marc Hedrick plus a few others were playing cash. SOHE was calling me... Slightly better chips, too, as @detroitdad brought his FLV cash set.

View attachment 423263

The host would go on to announce later that, "I don't like these chips. I know Bill doesn't agree, but I like my [CC Dunes] cash chips and [CC CPS] tournament chips. I like the colors, and unlike that they were cheap. I think they're just as good." He wasn't insulting Bill's chips as much as he didn't appreciate the differences. :rolleyes: There's no accounting taste.

Anyway, first hand:

View attachment 423261View attachment 423262

Chipped up a little, but got coolered. Rebought and treaded water. In for $200, out for $101. Profit -$99. Net Profit, a scrub donkey-tacular $1.

I booked it as a win.
Nice summary. Always super jelly of the great crews that can get together on the reg. I'm sure Bill loved the comments about the chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Worst chips ever. On par with dice chips, maybe a slightly better chip because of colors?

Pregame cash:

View attachment 423256

On to the tournament. Slightly better chips. Field of 20 got corona-virused down to field of 17. This was the last event of the season, a triple-stack (T300,000 starting stack with a T100,000 blind structure) freezeout. Top 9 season point totals get a seat in the Championship. I was sitting 11th in points coming in and knew I needed a strong finish to move up to the Top 9.

View attachment 423257

Two notable hands. With blinds at T7k/T15k Villain (really, really nice guy, but frustrating to play with because he is the human rain delay...and he always seems to suck out on me) flats, it gets to me and I look down at KK. I pop it to T50k and it folds to him. He flats again. Flop is AAx and he checks. I bet T75k and he calls. Turn blank and he bets out. I fold face up and he shows AK. 70/30 favorite PF means nothing against this Villain. Chips are now below T50k.

I chip up a bit and make the final table with about T100k in chips. I draw the 2 seat, which allows me to post the SB and avoid the oppressive blinds for an orbit (which is finally a full table, starting at a table of 8, including a ghost-stack for a late arrival). Two orbits whittle me down to T54k. I was seeing 9-high offsuit and 6-high offsuit, raised before action got to me. Nothing remotely close to shoving range. I post my ante (T6k) and BB (T40k) and pray. @mike32 raises to T102k and I have to fold my rags. Next hand, I'm SB and post my ante (T6k) and only have T2k of the T20k SB to post. One limper to @mike32 who raises again (to T103k) and it folds to me. I'm excited to see KQo and it folds back to Mike, who tables AJo. Board runs out Broadway for me and a take the antes +2k x 4. Chip and a chair. I was AIPF one more time as BB and won 4-handed, so I managed to survive.

Got down to three players. Blinds were T150k/T300k/T30k. Dealer folded to me in the SB and I bluff-shoved with 53o for T660k hoping to steal. @Azcat called me with A6 and the flop came 666. GG me. (Congrats to @mike32 for winning the Player of the Year!)

Finished 3rd, but enough points to make next month's Championship. In for $60, out for $180. Profit +$120, Net profit on the night $100.

I could've just gone home (it was 12:30) with next month's $100 buyin in my pocket. Instead, @detroitdad, @ThePunk, @mike32 and @Marc Hedrick plus a few others were playing cash. They were playing O+(dealer choice of single or double board)/E+(dealer choice of 4 or 5 cards)/SOHE. They were on the SOHE round and it was calling me... Slightly better chips, too, as @detroitdad brought his FLV cash set.

View attachment 423263

The host would go on to announce later that, "I don't like these chips. I know Bill doesn't agree, but I like my [CC Dunes] cash chips and [CC CPS] tournament chips. I like the colors, and unlike that they were cheap. I think they're just as good." He wasn't insulting Bill's chips as much as he didn't appreciate the differences. :rolleyes: There's no accounting taste.

Anyway, first hand:

View attachment 423261View attachment 423262

We finished with a 4-handed round of Scarney at 3a.m. In for $200, out for $101. Profit -$99. Net Profit, a scrub donkey-tacular $1.

I booked it as a win.
He has bad taste in chips and in starting stack breakdowns. Definitely a good guy though.

Nice summary. Always super jelly of the great crews that can get together on the reg. I'm sure Bill loved the comments about the chips :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

I don't care. Chip collecting isn't for everyone.

booked it as a win.

I finished -70 on the night which i consider a win. Solid night, my head wasn't in the game , which of course doesn't change my skill set lol

He was gone shortly after I sat down so he didn't hear the comment. But again, the host wasn't insulting Bill's chips as much as expressing he didn't see the difference in CC Dunes and mint Paulson FLVs.

In case anyone is wondering, obviously, host IS NOT a member here. He's a poker player, not a chipper. And a helluva host, despite the chips.

Played in another tournament for this league I play with periodically. $20 buy-in, super-hyper-turbo-like blind structure. 10 players, 3 of them rebought.

Stayed around the starting blind stack amount for a few levels, until I just under 16 BB, shoved with A3o in EP, SB called with AJo. board came 232x5 for a rivered straight that I even felt sick about. A few hands played and I increased my stack size more.

Big hit onto me when I limped with 76cc into the pot with four people remaining. BTN min raised, folds to BB who tanks folds, I call. Flop came AKx all clubs. I shove, BTN calls with AKo. Board came out AKxAK, so I felt more stupid getting in this hand. Went down to 6 BB. one more guy busted and down to last three players.

When then either folded or shoved with any pair or premiums hands, stealing the blinds. Didn't play most hands since the other two seem to go at each other, to where the chip leader who had around 30 BB was getting low and became second biggest stack. I Shoved with QQ twice in a row, no callers, but shoved with 88 and second-big stack called with A4dd, a four came on the flop but the rest of the board bricked out. Same guy later shoved with QJs, I called with KTs, Flop came KKx, and busted him, now down to final two, between the month's host and I.

The host split for a minute and came back pouring the table with a few toilet paper rolls. He joked earlier for the heads up, instead of pouring money like in TV tournaments, that he'd had TP instead. We all laughed.

Played two hands bother of us winning one. Then I checked in BB with Q8. Flop came 887. I check-called his flop and turn bets. River I check-called his shove his complete-air bluff, winning the tournament.

Bought in for $20, cashed out $155. +$135 profit for the night. Meant to ask for one of those packs of TP someone else brought that they offered to make my wife happy.
20200315_002022.jpg

Also to note: We played with some new Bike Prestiges with Rider Backs (Poker Sized). They played great! Better than the regular ones you see at Walmart and don't fade away completely after a night of use. Smoother texture than the regular poker-sized and bridge-sized decks.

A friend of ours who doesn't play wanted to host a game of poker for us all. We happily agreed and we brought my table and chips to his house.

Buy in is £30 and blinds are 25p 25p.
We start off with holdem then switch to omaha later in the evening. I managed to fire only 1 bullet and did rather well.

Fantastic night, happy to have such a great group of friends to play with.

The cat decided to chill with us too.

IMG_20200314_221404.jpg
IMG_20200315_022122.jpg
IMG_20200315_023433.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom