Official Home Game Pics Thread! (24 Viewers)

IMG_20200315_154633.jpg

A friend of ours who doesn't play wanted to host a game of poker for us all. We happily agreed and we brought my table and chips to his house.

Buy in is £30 and blinds are 25p 25p.
We start off with holdem then switch to omaha later in the evening. I managed to fire only 1 bullet and did rather well.

Fantastic night, happy to have such a great group of friends to play with.

The cat decided to chill with us too.

View attachment 423386View attachment 423387View attachment 423388
Fuck. I got a cat on the river.

This may have been the best pic set in 270 pages.

How was playing Pkerrrr?
Its not bad. I don't mind it. I just got coolers like 7 times so ill probably never use it again lmao. Aside from that it works well. Just has KK vs AA AIPF. I flop a K, and he rivers a bigger set.

Does it cost money to run?
It costs 6 "gold" per hour. I had 11 referrals at 10 gold per referral and they give you 30 to start. So I have plenty to run games once or twice a week for the next month. After that I'd have to buy some, but its very cheap anyways. You can split it among all the players and it would cost $1 a player. The platform is pretty nice and has decent settings.

He was gone shortly after I sat down so he didn't hear the comment. But again, the host wasn't insulting Bill's chips as much as expressing he didn't see the difference in CC Dunes and mint Paulson FLVs.

In case anyone is wondering, obviously, host IS NOT a member here. He's a poker player, not a chipper. And a helluva host, despite the chips.
Fwiw, those Dunes cash chips are not china clay. Just plain 9g unslugged injection-molded plastic, identical to Nexgen Pro chips (and a dozen similar product lines), except for the label art and the mold markings. The faux-shaped labels are the giveaway; all china clay chips have round labels.

Those were produced in China for Jim S. @ TheChipRoom, at the same time he had the similar Desert Palms made. Originally sold for 25c/chip. He also had china clay versions of both chip designs made: much nicer, and originally sold for 35c-40c each.

Ok you convinced me. Might have to do this lol
No way I'm hosting live poker with all this covid nonsense so this is a pretty dope alternative. We're having a great chat and we even have a Discord open for voice chat so its actually pretty amazing. Nothing like shuffling paulsons and slinging plastic cards but still fun.

No way I'm hosting live poker with all this covid nonsense so this is a pretty dope alternative. We're having a great chat and we even have a Discord open for voice chat so its actually pretty amazing. Nothing like shuffling paulsons and slinging plastic cards but still fun.
Good idea. Using discord seems like it would make this so much better than I pictured too, but yeah I didn't even host this past weekend despite everyone asking me to sadly. My sad face react earlier was due to the sad reality of it all

Good idea. Using discord seems like it would make this so much better than I pictured too, but yeah I didn't even host this past weekend despite everyone asking me to sadly. My sad face react earlier was due to the fact we have to do this.
I had enough players to host but decided against it. My parents are not super old, but old enough where I don't want to risk it and we all live in one three family home so we interact everyday. The in game chat is solid as well but talking is easier versus typing. Collecting money in venmo sucks though I'll be honest.

I had enough players to host but decided against it. My parents are not super old, but old enough where I don't want to risk it and we all live in one three family home so we interact everyday. The in game chat is solid as well but talking is easier versus typing. Collecting money in venmo sucks though I'll be honest.
Yeah I easily had enough players wanting to play, but just trying to do my part. That’s the smart move :tup:

You think the cards are dealt randomly enough like live poker? Around how online cash poker is?
No idea about the algorithm used, I'd like to think its random. They don't rake so there is no edge giving someone else better cards. No bots in our room its all private player invites.

Yeah I easily had enough players wanting to play, but just trying to do my part. That’s the smart move :tup:
Gosh men, me too. Ive got players who said they'd be in for my next game...

Chalk me up too, I'm not sure how I feel right now, I'm a bit off my rocker, but Rounders Poker has been cancelled for the present time. I haven't even notified my group, but they likely see it coming.

Dam! Hate it! I want to host so bad, but gotta follow suit with what seems to make sense I guess. Nobody said I have to like it

Chalk me up too, I'm not sure how I feel right now, I'm a bit off my rocker, but Rounders Poker has been cancelled for the present time. I haven't even notified my group, but they likely see it coming.

Dam! Hate it! I want to host so bad, but gotta follow suit with what seems to make sense I guess. Nobody said I have to like it
Do it online! Just binked 2 tourneys haha.

20200317_004605.jpg

I don’t like it either and who truly knows how it will all play out, but the sooner everyone plays their role in all this, the sooner we can all go back to splashing pots with friends and family.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom