Official Home Game Pics Thread! (96 Viewers)

$40 buy in, not bad 6 handed, down to 4 handed at 2 a.m. and still kickin
IMG_20180610_021221.jpg

Taller stack doesn't mean crushing. Venturalvn has like $190 and across the table has only bout $140 visible.
Isn’t there at least 3 of those 1 stacks and possibly a 4th.

I don’t care about value. He has moaarrr chips hahaha that’s winning in my book.

This is chip collecting after all.

Last edited:
I dumped about $100 to the guy across from me in the photo throughout the night. We ended up chopping the whole 6 player pool. Him for $320, me for $160. Both in for a single $40 buyin. Annoying :mad: He wouldn't let me win one hand against him...
IMG_20180610_030625.jpg

Isn’t there at least 3 of those 1 stacks and possibly a 4th.

I don’t care about value. He has moaarrr chips hahaha that’s winning in my book.

This is chip collecting after all.
Not sure what exactly his stacks were in that pic but he did have 3x $1 and 2x quarter stacks in that pic. He couldn't miss tonight. Hit with the deck when he was called. And all his calls with mid pair plus were good. The scotch helped him loosen, and he wasn't ever not good tonight.

Last edited:
Do you use the same chips for cash and tourney ? When you start going over 1000$ on the table that is some risk.

Excellent point. We've used these mainly for cash but have used them for two tournaments. None have gone missing and I take inventory after each game. If one goes missing then I have a backup tournament set (CPS) and a back up cash set (CPC Montreaux).

We play with a pretty close knit group but of course we do occasionally let some lesser knowns play. I don't think any of those players would think of rat holing chips.

Keeping good inventory has been the key to success here, lol.

Excellent point. We've used these mainly for cash but have used them for two tournaments. None have gone missing and I take inventory after each game. If one goes missing then I have a backup tournament set (CPS) and a back up cash set (CPC Montreaux).

We play with a pretty close knit group but of course we do occasionally let some lesser knowns play. I don't think any of those players would think of rat holing chips.

Keeping good inventory has been the key to success here, lol.
Good to know :) it was just a friendly reminder , I learned the hard way

Some pics from our nickel/dime game tonight.

The crew. My son started with us, but had a marathon game of Civilization with his buddies on his mind, and lost $20 (2 buy-ins) in about 30 minutes, and was on his computer. I'm the guy behind the iPad. My friend on the end is a piano guy on Disney cruise ships. He's heading back to the boat soon, so we had to get one more game in. That's why wet playing on a Wednesday. The guy in the sling is undergoing treatment for a brain tumor, and was in a relatively minor accident on his motorcycle yesterday.
My Showdown chips in action. :) I need to get a table topper. We got down to two. I was up to around $25 at one point, leaked back down to $10, then rallied in the last 30 minutes to get up to $41 and change, just over half the total on the table. We played two hands heads-up for fun. If a 9 or 4 came on the river, we would have shipped, with a very anticlimactic result!

Last edited:
Last edited:
How is that stuff? It used to be undrinkable. They changed the manufacturer a few years back but the first time I bought it I was so upset that I have never tried it again.

Think Miller Lite. Great when it's ice cold and it's hot out. Not too heavy. Doesn't have an awful aftertaste like PBR. Certainly no craft IPA but a good backyard/beach/social beer.

Finally got the NPS chips into action recently! Ended up with 8 players and, while the level of play was pretty low, it was still a fun time. First time hosting a home game with "real" chips... won't be going back to my dice chips anytime soon! ;)

Next up, finding a nice table topper for my small euro apartment!

8C7537EF-71E2-4F09-8C1A-6B727E83E831.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom