Official Home Game Pics Thread! (70 Viewers)

IMG_1245.JPG

Obviously, I'm an idiot. Thanks. (Old pic, not home game. Carry on)

Cell phone pic from last night's game. 6 handed, with a few who enjoy big pot, aggressive tournament poker. I don't recall all the details but blinds are around 400/800, SB and BB have well over 10k each. 1 or 2 limpers to the SB who raises it to ~2200 with the 10-8 hearts, and BB with Kh-Kc repops it to a little over 5000. Folds around to SB who calls, and sees a stellar flop. He checks, BB shoves, SB insta-calls and ends up with the nuts on the turn. Over time, the SB ended up knocking every other player out. When it's your night, it's your night!
Oh, and they all really enjoy the Majestic chips!

table1sf.jpg

Love the idea of an "on time" chip - I may have to implement that in the future...

Took these Majestic's out for their maiden voyage last night - forgot to take any pictures, except for starting stacks :)

Attachments

• IMG_20170902_213513.jpg
    IMG_20170902_213513.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 182
that pic makes me appreciate the Majestic's and their beauty. Nice!

Love the idea of an "on time" chip - I may have to implement that in the future...

It’s definitely helped. When this game was hosted by someone else, the start time kept slipping... A 7 pm game became a 7:30 game, then an 8 pm game. The only thing is I have to remind people who are cutting it close to 7 pm not to speed on my road... People get nuts trying to make sure they get that chip. Humans are funny.

Took these Majestic's out for their maiden voyage last night - forgot to take any pictures, except for starting stacks :)
we have the same thing 500 chip for on time and 500 chip of exact change on a 5000T starting stack. People break their necks to get on time and bring exact change

Last hand of the night, a three-way all in. TT (about 1/4 of the chips) gets in first, then QQ (also about 1/4). AJo tanks for a minute, then finally calls (1/2 the chips; probably the wrong move, but he was eager to maybe end it there). Queens are good until the river.

fullsizeoutput_fe0.jpeg

(I say it was probably the wrong move by the winner because he often will be up against a pair and another Ax hand... Even if the other ace were weaker, it removes outs against the pair. Also, if he let the two smaller stacks go at it, he’s likely to move into an all-but guaranteed 2nd at worst, though he’d then be heads-up against an even stack. But it worked out for him.)

(I say it was probably the wrong move by the winner because he often will be up against a pair and another Ax hand... Even if the other ace were weaker, it removes outs against the pair. Also, if he let the two smaller stacks go at it, he’s likely to move into an all-but guaranteed 2nd at worst, though he’d then be heads-up against an even stack. But it worked out for him.)
Disagree... button could literally have anything and more often than not the BB is ahead of the SB here.

Call and win, games over. Call and lose he's still either HU or 3-way with one player extremely crippled and one hand away from HU with even stacks.

Disagree... button could literally have anything and more often than not the BB is ahead of the SB here.

Not really, given these particular players. Neither the button nor the SB was so short that they needed to shove with just anything.

Not really, given these particular players. Neither the button nor the SB was so short that they needed to shove with just anything.
Well sure, all things are player and situation dependent but unless villains can be described as exceptionally nitty 3-handed it's still a call in my book.

Wow! That's quite a food spread!

For legal reasons with my job, the Zombie Poker Club is actually a dinner club. With a spread like this, it's hard to claim "everyone is just here for poker".

You should see what happens at the last game of the year in November!
2013-11-16 16.32.38 HDR.jpg

For legal reasons with my job, the Zombie Poker Club is actually a dinner club. With a spread like this, it's hard to claim "everyone is just here for poker".

Wow! That sure puts my hotdog roller to shame ;)

Holy...

Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon? (y) :thumbsup:

Well sure, all things are player and situation dependent but unless villains can be described as exceptionally nitty 3-handed it's still a call in my book.

I can see your point. I can also see the value of AJo folding in this situation. FWIW, here is my (over)thinking of the hand:

SITUATION:

* QQ (on the button) has 20 BB. He is probably the loosest/most aggressive of the three.

* TT (in the SB) has 20 BB. He generally plays TAG and is a solid, “thinking” player.

* AJo (in the BB) has 40 BB. He is relatively new to this group, and is something of an unknown. He recently won a big pot vs the TT player (with a five bet) to take the lead.

* There are no antes.

ACTION:

* QQ shoves.

* TT tanks a little, then calls.

* AJo tanks a lot, then calls.

ANALYSIS:

* Unless there is some weird tie on this hand, the game will become heads-up, whether or not AJo calls, since he covers each of the other two;

* If AJo does not even look at his cards and auto mucks, he's guaranteed to be 40 BB vs. 40 BB heads-up;

* If AJo calls, he will either win the tourney, or be a 20 BB vs. 60 BB underdog heads-up.

THOUGHTS:

By calling, AJo is adding variance to the question of whether he places 1st or 2nd. (The difference in payouts here is about $250.) He can win it all, or become a 3-1 underdog heads up. If he folds, he is guaranteed to be 50/50 heads up.

Based on the player types and their stacks, I would expect AJ to be up against one pair (of any rank) and an Ax hand, or against two pairs, or possibly something like a pair and suited connectors. For the sake of argument, here are some sample odds in this range:

QQ 57% • AJo 24% • TT 18%
QQ 68% • AJo 17% • A7s 13%
TT 44% • AJo 20% • AQo 33%
TT 31% • AJo 32% • KQs 36%

So AJo’s chances are between 17%-32%, or lets say generously between 4-1 and 2-1 against. Let's say on average, maybe 25% (3-1).

Is 3-1 worth the call? Either way, he gets to play heads up for the money. But somewhere between 4 in 5 and 2 out of 3 times that he calls, he is going to drop down to a 20 BB vs. 60 BB underdog. The other times, he wins everything.

The stakes are not so high here that it matters so much; in a home setting, probably being a little more gambly is the move. But I would have folded and let one of them get knocked out.

(I know, I know, tl;dr)

Holy...

Bacon wrapped Filet Mignon? (y) :thumbsup:

Yep - it was the last year that I used toothpicks to attach the bacon to the steaks. After that, I used transglutaminase which uncoils the protein strands temporarily. When they re-tighten, the bacon is attached to the beef at the molecular level. Science > toothpicks.

Then the past couple of years I've gone to aged prime rib. Bacon on the grill for 20 people was a bit of a fire-hazard.

Yep - it was the last year that I used toothpicks to attach the bacon to the steaks. After that, I used transglutaminase which uncoils the protein strands temporarily. When they re-tighten, the bacon is attached to the beef at the molecular level. Science > toothpicks.

Then the past couple of years I've gone to aged prime rib. Bacon on the grill for 20 people was a bit of a fire-hazard.
I did some bacon wrapped Pork Tenderloin medallions last night. I ended up putting 3 on two wooden skewers. Soak the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes prior and they worked great. I may have to look into this transglutaminase thingamajiggy though.

David

What app do you use for your blind levels?

I use Blinds Up! From the Google play store. There's not much customization in terms of level length. You can set the time for the first X amount of levels then another set time for the rest. I have it set for 20 min the first 3 levels then 15 after. I would like to change it again to 10 later on but it's not possible.

Other than that it's probably the best I've used on android

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom