Official Home Game Pics Thread! (77 Viewers)

This was from my groups usual Sunday night game. One of my buddies had foot surgery last week and can't really leave the house so he hosted and I supplied everything.

Another friend hit this sick hand. Flopped quads. Unfortunately he gives good hands away too much so the other guy in the hand knew he had something so just called all the way to show down cause he had the flush. But none of us thought the other one had quads. We figured the flush or trip kings. Still, he could have gotten more value. I ended up binking the game after being all in heads up at one point. Clawed my way back to win it. Finally ended my streak of 2nd place finishes and not being able to do anything heads up

20170813_224608.jpg

20170820_105011.jpg

Call me crazy. I dont love the 25 Fitzgeralds with this set. Its an improvement over the Pick Hobsons. Still not enough contrast with the ones or the twenty fives.

Stay tuned for a sales and want add .

@Azcat made a nice run in the last 30 minutes, then, huh?

Yep. Outside of an hour in the middle of the night he pretty much ran the table.

How did the players like them????

I don't think you were asking me. I'm going to answer anyways :) I received a ton of compliments from the guys on the New China Club ones and the orange Money Tree fives. Even one of the "non chippers" was really complimenting them. He doesn't normally do that.

I think I need to look for a different 25 yet again. The Fitzgerald's for some reason kept getting mixed up in the stacks of fives. They were tough to see. Simply not enough contrast. I'm going to have to try again.

The turquoise 25 Money Tree's would be great. As @TroyMan can attest to. They can be a challenge to find :(

Yep. Outside of an hour in the middle of the night he pretty much ran the table.

I don't think you were asking me. I'm going to answer anyways :) I received a ton of compliments from the guys on the New China Club ones and the orange Money Tree fives. Even one of the "non chippers" was really complimenting them. He doesn't normally do that.

I think I need to look for a different 25 yet again. The Fitzgerald's for some reason kept getting mixed up in the stacks of fives. They were tough to see. Simply not enough contrast. I'm going to have to try again.

The turquoise 25 Money Tree's would be great. As @TroyMan can attest to. They can be a challenge to find :(
Remember @Azcat and his constructive criticism about lighting in your basement. I think 40 bucks at the hardware store for a couple of those lights that Eric uses hung from your ceiling would go a long way to help these issues. The light from those damn CFL bulbs are not the best either IMO. Don't get me wrong , it's a great place to play but this would be a cheap easy upgrade for us all. I would not worry about heat, your ceiling is higher than Eric's.

I was thinking of doubling up the lighting before next game... One of those at each end of the table, so two per table.

There are always complaints early in the evening about glare on the cards. I was thinking that another set of lamps may cut down on the glare issue.

They're only about $10 per lamp (plus light bulbs).

Remember @Azcat and his constructive criticism about lighting in your basement. I think 40 bucks at the hardware store for a couple of those lights that Eric uses hung from your ceiling would go a long way to help these issues. The light from those damn CFL bulbs are not the best either IMO. Don't get me wrong , it's a great place to play but this would be a cheap easy upgrade for us all. I would not worry about heat, your ceiling is higher than Eric's.

Good idea. I usually bring down the halogen lamp for poker nights. With the pre game dinner I forgot all about it. It would be easier to just pick up a couple of the clamp/lights.

Now I have to actually remember to pick some up before the next game.

Finally got the Taj Mahal customs in play last night in a 2c/5c cash game. They are without a doubt my favorite set of the 4 that I own.

2nd photo is an extremely lucky full house I hit on the river. Guy I was heads up with turned a flush but checked and then called my bet (??) and then I just got lucky on the end.

20170822_214412.jpg

20170822_222232.jpg

[QUOTE="RiverAce01, post: 421065, member: 2755"and then I just got lucky on the end.

Looks to me like you were ahead PF, flop, turn and river. The only lucky thing you got is that the 9 that filled up your boat also completed his second-nut flush.[/QUOTE]

It actually was dealt the other way. The guy I was up against was also the dealer so it's dealt backwards from this picture. So I was actually behind the whole way but got extremely lucky on the end with it coming A A. Problem was he checked the turn then called my bet so I wasn't thinking flush...meanwhile I had 2 pair. I put him on a lower 2 pair. You'd think that someone would re raise with the flush on the turn...but I guess he wasn't thinking that way

Finally got the Taj Mahal customs in play last night in a 2c/5c cash game. They are without a doubt my favorite set of the 4 that I own.

2nd photo is an extremely lucky full house I hit on the river. Guy I was heads up with turned a flush but checked and then called my bet (??) and then I just got lucky on the end.

View attachment 116983

View attachment 116984
is there a proper pron thread for these yet?

It actually was dealt the other way. The guy I was up against was also the dealer so it's dealt backwards from this picture. So I was actually behind the whole way but got extremely lucky on the end with it coming A A. Problem was he checked the turn then called my bet so I wasn't thinking flush...meanwhile I had 2 pair. I put him on a lower 2 pair. You'd think that someone would re raise with the flush on the turn...but I guess he wasn't thinking that way

I like my story better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom