Official Home Game Pics Thread! (39 Viewers)

Mask mode in full effect as of this week. On the plus side, nobody sees me smiling when I get dealt AA! :p

D36BC270-FA96-4956-B980-8C92C56D4532.jpeg

Posted this in the zombie thread, but figured it would fit here as well. After my awesome cash game Thursday where I cleaned up, I organized a tournament at my friends place (who’s graciously holding on to my table)

We went with a zombie theme. $25 buy in, T25 deep stack. If you got busted you could come back as a zombie for $5, that gave you t15k and a zombie bounty, you post SB as an ante hand (hence the small buy in), if you get busted the player gets your bounty, if you beat a non zombie at showdown they have to post a small ante every hand until you’re busted.

I ran the most card dead I have in my life but still eeked out 3rd and one bounty so I walked away $5 up (I’m available for my MasterClass now).

Overall it was a huge success and other than some more thinking and admin on my part, it wasn’t as confusing as it seemed once the game got going.

Thanks to @Blind Joe for sharing his poster
CA07CAE5-3B8D-495C-A640-821AB8AF8D82.jpeg

78166A6F-6813-4246-AFC1-5D672CCC9AF0.jpeg

Last edited:
So everyone pays $100 in the bomb pot? What is the $500?
Everyone puts up 100. U get 5 cards. The dealer deals out 2 flops. If u like either or both you put in another 400. After all players act, the dealer deals the turn and river for each board. Best hand for each board splits the pot - unless one person scoops....

if you beat a non zombie at showdown they have to post a small ante every hand until you’re busted.

Clarification, please.

Player A comes back as a zombie and has to post a SB every hand (seems high).

If Player B (non-zombie) bust Player A, he gets Player A's zombie bounty.

But if Player A wins a showdown (not busts Player B, just wins at showdown), Player B has to post a SB every hand until Player A is eliminated from the tournament?

Clarification, please.

Player A comes back as a zombie and has to post a SB every hand (seems high).

If Player B (non-zombie) bust Player A, he gets Player A's zombie bounty.

But if Player A wins a showdown (not busts Player B, just wins at showdown), Player B has to post a SB every hand until Player A is eliminated from the tournament?

Yes, Player A posts a small blind every hand. It's high, until you consider the fact they've only rebought for $5 and receive 75% of the starting stack, the $5 is essentially their bounty and they have a small chance to win tournament, very small.

Yes, if Player B busts A, he/she gets their bounty, only zombies had bounties.

If Player A wins a showdown on B, then B is considered bitten. They don't have to post a small blind every hand, just a small amount ($100 first three levels, $200 next three etc to a max of $500).

I know it was really complicated, but it was LOADS of fun and everyone enjoyed it.

Everyone puts up 100. U get 5 cards. The dealer deals out 2 flops. If u like either or both you put in another 400. After all players act, the dealer deals the turn and river for each board. Best hand for each board splits the pot - unless one person scoops....
Whoa, so it's a fixed limit bomb pot? That's pretty interesting and a good way to not get stacked with killer draws. I've never heard of that variant on a bomb pot, I'll have to give it some thought.

This is a top 3 post I've ever read here. I love this. I already do double board bomb pots every hour but I will have to borrow this when we play short deck

Whoa, so it's a fixed limit bomb pot? That's pretty interesting and a good way to not get stacked with killer draws. I've never heard of that variant on a bomb pot, I'll have to give it some thought.
We used to do a lot of bangers but bomb pots have taken over. We start the night with 50/450, then move to 100/400 (Bigger upfront investment and smaller back end investment promotes more action), etc as the night progresses. The beauty of bomb pots is that u can do whatever amount You want to make it fit within ur game. It is a really fun way for everyone to gamble. If u have up to 8 players u can do 5 card plo Double board bomb pots. If u have 9 u can only do 4 card plo bomb pots or someone has to sit out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom