Official Home Game Pics Thread! (54 Viewers)

Heading in to the final table at Event 1 of Season 12.

IMG_20200926_220457687.jpg

Angel debut?!
Affirmative. I'll admit that they were a little slick during the first hour. Had a couple of misdeals, but the cards broke in nicely and weren't as slick towards the end of the night. They're very soft and shuffle like a dream. The card backs are very smooth unlike Kem's, but very soft like them. If they don't bow (they shouldn't as these particular cards are made of PVC), they are good cards.

Not cards I'd ordinarily pay $40+ per set up for, but not so bad that I'll turn around and sell my extra set up of them because I hated them.

Heading in to the final table at Event 1 of Season 12.

Took it down.

My opponent had me slightly out-chipped when we got to heads-up, 1.5m+ to 1.3m-. Blinds were T40K/T80K (no ante).

No chop was discussed. When someone who was no longer in the tournament asked, my opponent said he was going to play it out. He said last season, he did a chop for money and 2-out-of-3 flip for points in an early tournament. He lost the flip and got second place points, and barely missed the Championship, so every point counted.

We traded chips back and forth for about 10-15 hands, with him opening up a little bit bigger lead. Blinds increased to T60k/T120k. I was on the button with garbage and flatted, he checked. I made second pair on the flop and he checked. I shoved for a little more than T900k more and he thought about it and hero called me with bottom pair. My middle pair held and he lost, leaving him with about 600k.

He shoved as the button next hand and I had to fold. He left his stack out there and said he was just going all in pre every hand until he won a few and made a playable stack. There was about 23 BBs total in play, so I don't know what he was looking for. I waited four hands to get 55 and called his pre-flop blind shove. He had like J7... So much for playing it out.

Took it down.

My opponent had me slightly out-chipped when we got to heads-up, 1.5m+ to 1.3m-. Blinds were T40K/T80K (no ante).

No chop was discussed. When someone who was no longer in the tournament asked, my opponent said he was going to play it out. He said last season, he did a chop for money and 2-out-of-3 flip for points in an early tournament. He lost the flip and got second place points, and barely missed the Championship, so every point counted.

We traded chips back and forth for about 10-15 hands, with him opening up a little bit bigger lead. Blinds increased to T60k/T120k. I was on the button with garbage and flatted, he checked. I made second pair on the flop and he checked. I shoved for a little more than T900k more and he thought about it and hero called me with bottom pair. My middle pair held and he lost, leaving him with about 600k.

He shoved as the button next hand and I had to fold. He left his stack out there and said he was just going all in pre every hand until he won a few and made a playable stack. There was about 23 BBs total in play, so I don't know what he was looking for. I waited four hands to get 55 and called his pre-flop blind shove. He had like J7... So much for playing it out.

Congrats Eric. I was happy with my 3rd place finish.

How did you finish in the cash game?

+325 on the evening.

I hate these chips.

20200927_011225.jpg

Also @WedgeRock I recently said you have upped your game tournaments and cash. You have been running everyone over, way to go man! What is your secret?

I bought a book written by @CraigT78. I followed his instructions exactly, but skipped the step about drinking a beer per orbit... I think it accelerated my progress...

Thanks for the compliment, I appreciate it. Truth is, I've always been this good... Cards are finally cooperating.

:whistle: :whistling:

Last edited:
How many cash game rebuys were you in for last night? Looked like you were recovering when I left.
Jim wouldn't let be buy in initially for more than $60. I was in for two or three of those before he finally let me buy in for $100. So I was either in for $220 or $280... I had about $350 when you left after scoping a huge Scarney hand with Ptarleaux and that new kid Chase... They were both playing the high with underboats. My 88A was good for top boat and the low.

image.gif

Jim wouldn't let be buy in initially for more than $60. I was in for two or three of those before he finally let me buy in for $100. So I was either in for $220 or $280... I had about $350 when you left after scoping a huge Scarney hand with Ptarleaux and that new kid Chase... They were both playing the high with underboats. My 88A was good for top boat and the low.

View attachment 541707

Excellent. Scarny was actually pretty good too me as well.

I’m jealous of all these home games pics. Still no live games here. 300 house gatherings raided by police last weekend and fines being handed out all over the place.
Really? Don't you all live in the woods up there?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom