Official Home Game Pics Thread! (38 Viewers)

Custom set curse is striking on your first game on these? :(
Nah, bad call my my side, but hard when ya gotta K flush and K spade and someone pushes all in with A high non showing flush and spade in black Mariah....

Nah, bad call my my side, but hard when ya gotta K flush and K spade and someone pushes all in with A high non showing flush and spade in black Mariah....
It happens, you got your money in good and you got one outed if I'm understanding you correctly.

I just had that happen to me Saturday night online. I have both red queens and the flop comes out heart, heart, ace of hearts. I was up to $80 from my $20 buy in, and I bet pot on the flush draw. One caller. Jack of hearts comes out on the turn. I shove and villain insta calls me with some nonsense like K5o, but with the King of hearts. I had villain covered but my $80 stack turned into $25 real quick.

It happens, you got your money in good and you got one outed if I'm understanding you correctly.

I just had that happen to me Saturday night online. I have both red queens and the flop comes out heart, heart, ace of hearts. I was up to $80 from my $20 buy in, and I bet pot on the flush draw. One caller. Jack of hearts comes out on the turn. I shove and villain insta calls me with some nonsense like K5o, but with the King of hearts. I had villain covered but my $80 stack turned into $25 real quick.
So no, he had be dead to rights. But I had second nuts on the spade and the best flush showing. So I hoped one would turn out. I was wrong....

Oh well. Finally out, but put up a fight.

20200529_213826.jpg
20200529_213853.jpg

Question about the in person games...

How do you keep the cards and chips clean/sterile? Does everyone Purell after each hand?

Reason I ask is I am in one of those high risk groups, but REALLY want to start hosting and playing again.

How do you keep the cards and chips clean/sterile? Does everyone Purell after each hand?

Reason I ask is I am in one of those high risk groups, but REALLY want to start hosting and playing again.
If you wash your hands before sitting down at the table, before leaving the table, and again upon returning to the table, the only thing you're touching on the table is the cards and chips. As long as everyone covers their nose and mouth with a mask and doesn't rub their hands in their eyes, everything will stay clean. No need to sanitize before every hand.

If you wash your hands before sitting down at the table, before leaving the table, and again upon returning to the table, the only thing you're touching on the table is the cards and chips. As long as everyone covers their nose and mouth with a mask and doesn't rub their hands in their eyes, everything will stay clean. No need to sanitize before every hand.
This. We did hand washing when you reach the table, and after each break. Hand sanitizer. New chips that haven't been played before and new cards helped too. If everyone keeps there masks on, risk should be limited. Saying there is no risk is wackado, but it's prob safer then driving! (that's not a claim on that, just sounded good...)

This. We did hand washing when you reach the table, and after each break. Hand sanitizer. New chips that haven't been played before and new cards helped too. If everyone keeps there masks on, risk should be limited. Saying there is no risk is wackado, but it's prob safer then driving! (that's not a claim on that, just sounded good...)
Not everyone has two minty fresh sets of CPC's around begging to be played :rolleyes:

Kidding of course.

My house rule is that I'm the only one to touch the chips before they hit the felt when I'm hosting. I'm going to pre-cut buy in stacks before everyone arrives (having washed my hands beforehand, of course) and arrange them on a 500 chip wooden tray that I have. Will also separate the buy in stacks with spacers to make the process really quick.

Brand new card set up for each game, which I do anyway.

When the game is over, I'm letting everything (chips and cards) "air dry" for five days before re-racking and re-boxing. By the time the cards and chips will be used again, any virus particles that would have made it onto the equipment would have died off.

Not everyone has two minty fresh sets of CPC's around begging to be played :rolleyes:

Kidding of course.

My house rule is that I'm the only one to touch the chips before they hit the felt when I'm hosting. I'm going to pre-cut buy in stacks before everyone arrives (having washed my hands beforehand, of course) and arrange them on a 500 chip wooden tray that I have. Will also separate the buy in stacks with spacers to make the process really quick.

Brand new card set up for each game, which I do anyway.

When the game is over, I'm letting everything (chips and cards) "air dry" for five days before re-racking and re-boxing. By the time the cards and chips will be used again, any virus particles that would have made it onto the equipment would have died off.
Listen, I only have one....

Other ones coming next Thursday

If your in a high risk group you probably shouldn’t play. But yes clean chips clean table clean room before i play but i do that even before covid. Hand washing before game begins and anytime someone leaves the table

I'm not the police, everyone is an adult.
I don't know why he had his nose out at this moment.
Exposed nose still protects against the lead cause of transmission, moisture exhaled while talking.

It does very little to protect him, as he is likely inhaling through the nose, but he is unlikely to transmit if he is the "Typhoid Mary" of the group.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom