Official Home Game Pics Thread! (30 Viewers)

How did the game go? And what did you use as a capper?
Went pretty well! I used this for my capper!

15885412891173370893301994224302.jpg

Had some crazy hands play out today against @Ben8257. In this one, I can’t think of a better starting S.O.H.E. hand. Turns out I would get both sides of it cracked, but wow what a beauty to look at pre flop. :rolleyes: :wow:
A151592E-6C52-40FB-85EE-1ADA754FA99E.jpeg

In this next one, Ben flopped quad jacks and kindly slow played it so I could catch up and make my straight flush.:rolleyes::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: What a guy!:tup:
8769DED4-86BC-4637-A3EB-6C2FA389FEDB.jpeg

It was really great to get up to Maryland today and hang out with my friends @FordPickup92 and @Ben8257. I haven’t played a hand of poker in 2 months and it was so much fun hanging out and splashing pots with THE nicest mixed set of hot stamps I’ve ever seen.
03702D41-6AB6-4CFB-86C0-A374A61B3B51.jpeg

All in all today was just about as good as it gets. I want to give a Big shout out and THANK YOU to Ben and Brie for all their hospitality. Enjoyed the hell out it you guys, can’t wait to do it again.:)
See ya soon,
Tuna

Had some crazy hands play out today against @Ben8257. In this one, I can’t think of a better starting S.O.H.E. hand. Turns out I would get both sides of it cracked, but wow what a beauty to look at pre flop. :rolleyes: :wow: View attachment 460358
In this next one, Ben flopped quad jacks and kindly slow played it so I could catch up and make my straight flush.:rolleyes::ROFL: :ROFLMAO: What a guy!:tup:
View attachment 460359
It was really great to get up to Maryland today and hang out with my friends @FordPickup92 and @Ben8257. I haven’t played a hand of poker in 2 months and it was so much fun hanging out and splashing pots with THE nicest mixed set of hot stamps I’ve ever seen. View attachment 460363
All in all today was just about as good as it gets. I want to give a Big shout out and THANK YOU to Ben and Brie for all their hospitality. Enjoyed the hell out it you guys, can’t wait to do it again.:)
See ya soon,
Tuna
Holy moly what an absurd run out on the SOHE hand, and even moreso on the Hold 'Em hand. I'd be pissing myself if I flopped quads and ended up losing the hand!

Holy moly what an absurd run out on the SOHE hand, and even moreso on the Hold 'Em hand. I'd be pissing myself if I flopped quads and ended up losing the hand!
It was absolutely nuts to say the least. I’ve seen some crazy hands over the years but not 2 this crazy in a matter of a couple hours.
I’m just glad it was @FordPickup92 dealing in both of them. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO: :rolleyes:

Had some crazy hands play out today against @Ben8257. In this one, I can’t think of a better starting S.O.H.E. hand. Turns out I would get both sides of it cracked, but wow what a beauty to look at pre flop. :rolleyes: :wow: View attachment 460358
View attachment 460359
It was really great to get up to Maryland today and hang out with my friends @FordPickup92 and @Ben8257. I haven’t played a hand of poker in 2 months and it was so much fun hanging out and splashing pots with THE nicest mixed set of hot stamps I’ve ever seen. View attachment 460363
See ya soon,
Tuna
I don't at all mean to sound like a smart ass in saying this, but keep us updated if you or anyone else you come into contact with get sick within the next two weeks or so. I am interested to see if wearing a face covering is sufficient to contain spread of the virus in a small (5-7 player, which is usually what I have anyway) game. If everyone ends up being clear, I would feel lots better about considering hosting in the next few weeks.

We were really hit hard here in New Jersey, but new cases and hospitalizations are decreasing every day and have plummeted overall since the beginning of the month.

Had some crazy hands play out today against @Ben8257. In this one, I can’t think of a better starting S.O.H.E. hand. Turns out I would get both sides of it cracked, but wow what a beauty to look at pre flop. :rolleyes: :wow:
If I am @Ben8257, I probably swap out the Q and Jh preflop, but the results would've been the same. That's a brutal board.

@Lil Tuna, as pretty as it looks, you can't improve in Holdem because you have your own outs, and you're looking for a flush or straight in Omaha... It looked nice, but it really wasn't a super strong hand (nothing you could do about it... just the cards you were dealt).

Last edited:
If I am @Ben8257, I probably swap out the Q and Jh preflop, but the results would've been the same. That's a brutal board.
I won both of those hands? That was an absolute monster of a hand for both of us, post flop Matt says let's through in $10 and run it... I'm like jesus this is a money maker for me but agreed, i think we are both still in shock of double cracking Aces!

Still would not separate the Jack's myself... still had KQo and 89 suited for a solid O hand. Now loosing with Quad Jack's later was brutal... even Matt was like how did you not shove, pot was nice and you bet $23 that was enough?? Been playing 20 years and I think I am too damn kind for poker, but playing stupid friendly poker this time kept me alive! Set a trap... let him walk in and my dumb ass goes and let's him catch the straight flush... what are the odds though! Oh well Had an awesome evening! Probably never see 2 monster hands like that against one opponent again! Awesome game @Lil Tuna!! Stogs on the porch anytime my friend!! Definitely awesome warm up to hopefully getting back to normal poker!

Still would not separate the Jack's myself... still had KQo and 89 suited for a solid O hand.
JJ is not that strong of a hand... It can certainly be beaten by a and like... Oh I don't know, AA? :rolleyes:

I'm happy with QJ in Hold'em and you get an extra flush draw in Omaha.

Like I said, it wouldn't have mattered, but hitting a Q or J to improve your Hold'em hand probably also improves your flushes in Omaha (two of the queens and one of the jacks improves both sides). The way you set it, only one jack improves both sides and neither queen does anything for hold'em.

If your JJ were AA or KK, I probably don't break them up -- I play it just like you did -- but for JJ and below, I'll break a pocket pair up to give me a better two-way draw and more draws in Omaha without weakening my Hold Em hand that much...

JJ is not that strong of a hand... It can certainly be beaten by a and like... Oh I don't know, AA? :rolleyes:

I'm happy with QJ in Hold'em and you get an extra flush draw in Omaha.

Like I said, it wouldn't have mattered, but hitting a Q or J to improve your Hold'em hand probably also improves your flushes in Omaha (two of the queens and one of the jacks improves both sides). The way you set it, only one jack improves both sides and neither queen does anything for hold'em.

If your JJ were AA or KK, I probably don't break them up -- I play it just like you did -- but for JJ and below, I'll break a pocket pair up to give me a better two-way draw and more draws in Omaha without weakening my Hold Em hand that much...
Good for you bro! Congratulations sorry didn't realize I was only amongst pros... whatever man happy with my split

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom