Official Home Game Pics Thread! (85 Viewers)

39526-fab526f8120441d19cc72c24ca348808.jpg
39528-49a45c5fe49db787680fecdcf0b7a185.jpg

Breaking out the Soapy Smith's tonight for the first time!! T 10,000 $50 buy in.
a perfect example of how much does a label ..

Celebrating my recent CPC add-on with a little .25/.50 this past Friday. Decided to bump the standard $100 max buy-in up to $200 and throw both a $2 and $4 rock into the mix, which attracted the likes of @MikesDad @Chippy McChiperson @PhilLaFond @kirchhausen @Buffalo and a few non-PCF'ers. The game actually ended up being a little tamer than we all assumed it would be, though a few LAG-tagonists also had to back out at the last minute. Here are some highlights:

And we're off. CPC $1's mingling with ASM quarters and $5's (or "gingersnaps" as kirchhausen named them)
IMG_1184_zpscdzrczny.jpg

Within the first 15 minutes Phil flats a $2 open with AA in the BB and crushes the soul of a fresh $100 buy-in who had AJ on a AJJ flop. All the money gets in on the river and the poor guy never saw it coming.
IMG_1190_zpstk49jcnz.jpg

Phil wins another decent pot with the Ray Lewis hand - flopped bottom two and rivers a boat.
IMG_1191_zpsjgdssp71.jpg

Random pot brewing:
IMG_1188_zpsycjsygdp.jpg

Big winners on the night were brothers Chippy and Kirch, the LAG and the Nit. Hero managed a small win somehow after many hours of folding every possible non-suited, non-connected hand with a 2, 3, or 4 in it. I did play two big pots but chopped them both:

Hand #1: In BB with AQo, $4 rock is put in play UTG, Kirch opens UTG+1 to $10, Buffalo calls, Chippy calls from SB. I decide to ship it for $120 more (covered by everyone else) figuring I have a good chance of picking up some dead money. Kirch and Buffalo fold and Chippy calls. We decide to run it twice and I miss everything. I announce Ace-high and Chippy turns over A6s for a worse Ace-high on the first board but he binked a 6 on the 2nd one. Chop it up.

Hand #2: Last hand of the night with AA and about $150 in the BB. Kirch opens to $2, 2 or 3 callers to me. I pop it to $12 and only Phil and non-PCF Villain call. 345r flop, I lead out for $25, Phil folds, Villain calls and has me covered. Turn is a 9, I bet about $65 and Villain shoves, I call. He says he has 69 for top pair and the OESD. We decide to run it twice. He binks the straight for the first one and I manage to hold up on the 2nd. Chop it up again, and game over.

We play this game all the time. It is called "13", for the 13 cards that each of the four players get. The object is to make three best poker hands with the 13 cards.

Interesting. In my area, "13" refers to Tiến lên, or Vietnamese poker. Everyone here calls it "13" though. Every player gets 13 cards with 4 players max, and it goes from whoever has the 3 of Spades (the lowest card) and then clock wise. People can play singles, doubles, triples, and 3+ straights, but it has to be the same as the previous play. So if the 3 of spades goes first, the next guy can go anything higher than a 3 of spades. So he can play a 3 of clubs, cause that is higher. Then the next guy can play a 3 of diamonds. And then the next guy can play a 3 of hearts. And the guy who threw down the 3 of spades can throw a 6 or 7 or 10, whatever single is higher than a 3 of hearts. Any of them were able to do that. It didn't have to always be a 3.

Example round:
Player 1: 3s3d
Player 2: 3c3h (heart beats diamond)
Player 3: 5s5c
Player 4: 10c10h
Player 1: AcAd
Player 2: 2s2c
Player 3: 2d2h (2 of Hearts is the highest card in the game)

Player 3 is first to go the next round, and he can go whatever he wants as long as it is a valid hand. Flushes and full house aren't a thing. However, if any of the players have a "Breaker" they can break a 2. Combo breaker includes 4 of a kind and a double-straight (445566, 55667788, 3344556677), with 3 double straight beating single 2s, 4 double straights beating a pair of 2s, and 5 double straights to beat triple 2s. 2 is the highest card, so a straight starts at 3 and ends at 2. Suite ranks matter, and they are Spades, Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts.

Very big game in my area in Orange County, California since there are a lot of Vietnamese. I have friends from NorCal and Philly that also play the game.

My .25/.50 game last night. @Kyle was there, and a good crew overall.

One of those crazy nights where the I got all the hands... quad 7s, then flopped quad 9s (see fourth photo below), although I felt like this guy with all of my hollywooding in that hand. Had a mix of trips and full houses here and there. Final hand of the night I finished with Broadway over two pair (A, K). Pocket JQ, A-blank-K flop, 10 on the turn. Went all-in and was called with the two pair. Just one of those nights where the cards kept coming.

Put the Stardust CPCs in play... man I love these things!!

homegame-1.jpg

homegame-2.jpg

homegame-3.jpg

homegame-4.jpg

homegame-5.jpg

My .25/.50 game last night. @Kyle was there, and a good crew overall.

One of those crazy nights where the I got all the hands... quad 7s, then flopped quad 9s (see fourth photo below), although I felt like this guy with all of my hollywooding in that hand. Had a mix of trips and full houses here and there. Final hand of the night I finished with Broadway over two pair (A, K). Pocket JQ, A-blank-K flop, 10 on the turn. Went all-in and was called with the two pair. Just one of those nights where the cards kept coming.

Put the Stardust CPCs in play... man I love these things!!

View attachment 43070

View attachment 43071

View attachment 43072

View attachment 43073

View attachment 43074
Great time indeed. Great chips! Walked out $3 ahead Hell yeah!
I think @justsomedude was really the only major winner for the night. He kept getting ridiculous hands all night. Glad it wasn't vs. me. Ha ha.

Great set up and thanks again for hosting!!

Thanks to @David O for bringing the Tropicana set to visit. We almost got the $25 chips in play - but when Crazy Jr showed up late, the more timid players racked up and left. We ended up with ten players for a 4-5 hour session. (Dinner was red beans & rice with split grilled sausage and a small sandwich bar plus hagen daz ice cream bars.)

The game moves fast and David didn't have much chance to get pictures of these wonderful chips. We got just under $1,900 on the table - pretty good for my $1/$1 $100 max buy in game.

Not much fodder for the strategy page. Just one marginal discussion coming tomorrow.

And a good time was had by all! -=- DrStrange

Thanks to @David O for bringing the Tropicana set to visit. We almost got the $25 chips in play - but when Crazy Jr showed up late, the more timid players racked up and left. We ended up with ten players for a 4-5 hour session. (Dinner was red beans & rice with split grilled sausage and a small sandwich bar plus hagen daz ice cream bars.)

The game moves fast and David didn't have much chance to get pictures of these wonderful chips. We got just under $1,900 on the table - pretty good for my $1/$1 $100 max buy in game.

Not much fodder for the strategy page. Just one marginal discussion coming tomorrow.

And a good time was had by all! -=- DrStrange
Thanks @DrStrange. It was good night and the food was great as always. I enjoyed having the Trops out for a field trip. Thank you for letting me get them in play. I thought we were going to get into the $25 chips but I think we missed it by one buy in.

Ambassador chips still awaiting their relabel project, got a little table time yesterday for some OFCP at $100 a point. My trip to fantasyland was good for a $2000 upswing, but I finished the afternoon only up $100.

And $100 turned into 25¢ after exchange rates were calculated. :unsure:

2016-05-28 13.47.57.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom