Official Home Game Pics Thread! (41 Viewers)

Last night we had likely our biggest game ever. Nickel-dime PLO for two hours followed by five hours of quarter-fiddie NLHE. Had nine players the entire night. Everyone bought in for $100 initially. PLO was a little brutal and we had a few players rebuy during that time. We allow rebuy up to largest stack. This basically results in some rebuys of $200... Later in the evening... Well that started during PLO. We ended up having $2900 on the table. I think our former record was $1800.
We do a $5 high hand pot... I won that with quad kings. Despite winning that hand and the $45 high hand pot... And the actual pot of $300... I finished down $200.
Our big winner was the friend that got me in to poker some 15 years ago. He was plus $500 on a $500 buy in. The pic below is his stack before he lost some back.
We had the Dunes in play.
those dunes are FAWESOME

Last night we had likely our biggest game ever. Nickel-dime PLO for two hours followed by five hours of quarter-fiddie NLHE. Had nine players the entire night. Everyone bought in for $100 initially. PLO was a little brutal and we had a few players rebuy during that time. We allow rebuy up to largest stack. This basically results in some rebuys of $200... Later in the evening... Well that started during PLO. We ended up having $2900 on the table. I think our former record was $1800.
We do a $5 high hand pot... I won that with quad kings. Despite winning that hand and the $45 high hand pot... And the actual pot of $300... I finished down $200.
Our big winner was the friend that got me in to poker some 15 years ago. He was plus $500 on a $500 buy in. The pic below is his stack before he lost some back.
We had the Dunes in play.

Those look like real dunes, not the CC commemoratives. Love the oversized $20s.

39526-fab526f8120441d19cc72c24ca348808.jpg
39528-49a45c5fe49db787680fecdcf0b7a185.jpg

Breaking out the Soapy Smith's tonight for the first time!! T 10,000 $50 buy in.

No one from the group of people we play with have seen the end results of switching them from the dipper to the Soapy's. After ten years of using them with the dipper on them I'm curious what they will have to say.

The change is so drastic, I'm wondering if they will even realize that the 'new' chips are the same base as the old ones, versus thinking they are a completely brand new set. Do they know about the inlay replacement project, or are you just springing the chips on them by surprise?

The people that know about the project wont be playing tonight. But the people coming tonight have played with the chips upwards of 50 tourneys over the years. So they should know the chips. Of the group of about 30 players I seem to be the only one with the chipping bug so its possible they wont even say anything.

I need to get off work so I can get to setting up for cards. This is killing me, want to post some starting stack pics.

My buddies wife suggested he have a poker night for his birthday celebration, so naturally I offered my assistance. A blast was had by all.....birthday boy passed out at the table (and he was the chip leader!) .50-$1 NL First time using the Da Vinci's, everyone really liked them!
20160513_182908.jpg

our starting stacks
20160513_224711.jpg

I turned quads and had a player to my right bet $30 into me. All I had at that time was $17. Then another caller behind me. You can see the result of their frustration....both had boats.
20160513_234216.jpg

Four all in's on the turn. This hand was talked about for the rest of the night. You can see why....All in all it was a great night of friendship and poker!

(y) :thumbsup:(y) :thumbsup:
My buddies wife suggested he have a poker night for his birthday celebration, so naturally I offered my assistance. A blast was had by all.....birthday boy passed out at the table (and he was the chip leader!) .50-$1 NL First time using the Da Vinci's, everyone really liked them!
View attachment 41396
our starting stacks
View attachment 41397
I turned quads and had a player to my right bet $30 into me. All I had at that time was $17. Then another caller behind me. You can see the result of their frustration....both had boats.
View attachment 41399
Four all in's on the turn. This hand was talked about for the rest of the night. You can see why....All in all it was a great night of friendship and poker!
Looks like you all had a great time!! Happy Birthday to the Birthday Boy!

Last edited:
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Random pics. My stack after first break

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    158.1 KB · Views: 119
Here is the podium from the fundraising tournament at the Exit Only Lounge Saturday. From the left Tony 2nd, Nina 3rd, and our winner Eric. Host ran good until Toni hit a 3 outer to send him to the cash table. 3100SR raised. The teachers here raised or donated a complete private school education through high school for a kid in Manila.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_3736.JPG

My buddy tried to get tricky and slow play flopped set. I hit the flush on the river and got him to call off his stack.

The people that know about the project wont be playing tonight. But the people coming tonight have played with the chips upwards of 50 tourneys over the years. So they should know the chips. Of the group of about 30 players I seem to be the only one with the chipping bug so its possible they wont even say anything.

Lol not even a peep about the chips. Someone brought buffalo wings and I had to keep passing out napkins like crazy. Nobody clued in.

Lol not even a peep about the chips. Someone brought buffalo wings and I had to keep passing out napkins like crazy. Nobody clued in.
Amazing. Most people just don't know or care much about quality poker chips. Kinda weird they would not recognize the upgrade but oh well.

Amazing. Most people just don't know or care much about quality poker chips. Kinda weird they would not recognize the upgrade but oh well.
Probably the same people who shop at ikea for their furniture and Walmart for their clothes ;)

My groups are the same way. Maybe one guy in the 18+ I play with would even notice that the chips were different.

Craazy night. PLO

Woog30 started it off with a rivered Royal Flush which got paid by Jac's runner runner nut boat. I flopped the straight and got away from the hand, only losing $8.

IMG_20160514_201133702.jpg

I made Quads and a straight flush and then capped the night with this hand. 3 way allin on the flop.

Unfortunately I cut off seekthegrail's hand but he has an eidetic memory so he ran the equities when he got home.

I flop middle set, woog30 flops the nut wrap draw, seekthegrail flops two pair and the nut flush draw.

I dodge a million outs to scoop it.

IMG_20160515_240047483.jpg

I broke the cash game. Woog30 was left with $31, thisorthat cashed out up $11.50 and I took home the rest.

IMG_20160515_245435350.jpg

Equities

4 Simulations for final Omaha hand
Definitely something to ponder for future Omaha play. Cheers, Steve

All 3 after flop
Omaha Hi Simulation ?
666 trials (Exhaustive)
board: Ac4c7s
Hand Equity Wins Ties
JdJh7d7h 31.98% 213 0
5d6d8h9h 25.68% 171 0
AsQcKc7c 42.34% 282 0

Heads up moose vs woog30
820 trials (Exhaustive)
Hand Equity Wins Ties
JdJh7d7h 56.59% 464 0
5d6d8h9h 43.41% 356 0

Heads up moose vs seekthegrail
820 trials (Exhaustive)
Hand Equity Wins Ties
JdJh7d7h 61.22% 502 0
Ad7cQcKc 38.78% 318 0

All 3 hands after turn card
36 trials (Exhaustive)
board: Ac4c7sKh
Hand Equity Wins Ties
JdJh7d7h 41.67% 15 0
5d6d8h9h 25.00% 9 0
AsQcKc7c 33.33% 12 0
Link · 2+2 · Deuces Cracked · LeggoPoker

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom