Official Home Game Pics Thread! (87 Viewers)

between the chips and the table that looks like an interesting set-up mark. seems to be profitable though :)

"Las Vegas" slugged chips with white $5's and red $10's + a slick cover on a pool table. The paper cards slide like they are on an air hockey table. But yes, it has been profitable :)

$200 - 300 max

I bet that game is a blast. Short buy big bet games can be deceptively profitable in my experience. Bobby Hoff (RIP) used to talk about getting the first big bet games in Commerce going years and years ago. They would play $5/10 NLHE and people would generally buy in for $300 or $400. He said the structure was primarily to get the $10/20 LHE players to come with their same buy-in and get used to the structure and that once they did they were all good for 4-5 buy-ins each.

Here's a link to his Deuces Cracked interview from 2010. Really worth the listen. Wish he was still around.

I bet that game is a blast. Short buy big bet games can be deceptively profitable in my experience. Bobby Hoff (RIP) used to talk about getting the first big bet games in Commerce going years and years ago. They would play $5/10 NLHE and people would generally buy in for $300 or $400. He said the structure was primarily to get the $10/20 LHE players to come with their same buy-in and get used to the structure and that once they did they were all good for 4-5 buy-ins each.

Here's a link to his Deuces Cracked interview from 2010. Really worth the listen. Wish he was still around.

Money moves around like crazy at this game. Max bet is $50 in O8, $75 in Omaha, and $100 in hold'em. Lots of chasing. It is not uncommon for a $30 pre flop raise to get 7 callers. Impossible to protect a hand, but you can value bet with impunity.

Money moves around like crazy at this game. Max bet is $50 in O8, $75 in Omaha, and $100 in hold'em. Lots of chasing. It is not uncommon for a $30 pre flop raise to get 7 callers. Impossible to protect a hand, but you can value bet with impunity.

Jesus this game seems like a goldmine.

Also reminds me of something Chris Vitch (deathdonkey) said when discussing whether lowstakes online limit players could eat up midstakes limit games live. He was referencing the old concept (myth imo) that when online players played live they were competent at stakes approximately 10x their online game. So .50/1 online players were as good as $5/10 players live.

I don't think that holds even for NLHE, but Chris was especially dismissive of it in a limit context, explaining that online players have an edge playing other online players, but once they enter the live world they are forced to get to the river 4 ways versus 3 other opponents who were well below their own skill level, but didn't mind hemorrhaging money. Learning to take what one might consider a marginal hand into that situation and come out profitable is a much different skill than simply rocking up an online game and betting for value. I imagine this game is similar with its spread limit format.

Another great weekend tourney and cash game. I took down third for $280 and cashed out $340 ahead in the cash game. Along with house tips and donations - $740 ahead for the weekend.

20160319_214104.jpg

Where are all the cigars though? Someone needs one for sure.
Not on the table!! Beverages are okay, but no cigars! I don't want burn marks on the speed cloth - too much of a pain in the ass to replace.

Impromptu cash game tonight. $1/$1 NLHE and Omaha. Changed games every orbit. In less than 2 hours notice was able to get 6 players. 2 of which are the owners of the local brewery. They brought a cooler full of beer. Cashed out $250 ahead. Great time - the glass squirrel has brought me much luck since I picked it up in Italy. I guess the saying about the blind squirrel is true.

20160325_004702.jpg

Impromptu cash game tonight. $1/$1 NLHE and Omaha. Changed games every orbit. In less than 2 hours notice was able to get 6 players. 2 of which are the owners of the local brewery. They brought a cooler full of beer. Cashed out $250 ahead. Great time - the glass squirrel has brought me much luck since I picked it up in Italy. I guess the saying about the blind squirrel is true.

View attachment 35959
Very Nice!

cross posted from my sunset thread

Hosted a .25/.50 HOPES cash game last night. Didn't go well for me. I had a great time none the less.

20160325_210755_zpsm3rvi34b.jpg

20160325_202858_zpstef77hag.jpg
Looks fun. Glad you had a good time.

What is HOPES? Hold em, Omaha,...

Are those the bicycle plastic cards. I bought a set. The Diamonds and Hearts are not the same color Red. Not sure if that is standard or not. Decent cards though.

Looks fun. Glad you had a good time.

What is HOPES? Hold em, Omaha,...

Are those the bicycle plastic cards. I bought a set. The Diamonds and Hearts are not the same color Red. Not sure if that is standard or not. Decent cards though.

View attachment 35959

Gotta love last minute games, usually the best time! Nice job!!!

Tis a fine rotation you got there. You should ask @abby99 for the PDFs of her game cards and really start some circus games going.

I have the PDF file. Some of the circus games I'm not even a fan of. Honestly I don't think my group will get any crazier than what is on the list. A couple were bitching about SOHE. I don't get it. Awesome game.

First tournament on the Section 31 chips. I built the chips for a friend who is an obvious Trekkie. We taught him how to play poker 7 or 8 years ago and he has been a regular at the Zombie Poker Club, but he had never won a tournament... until tonight - on his chips maiden voyage.

2016-03-26 18.54.59.jpg
2016-03-26 19.09.38.jpg
2016-03-26 18.55.58.jpg
2016-03-26 18.56.17.jpg
2016-03-26 18.55.49.jpg
2016-03-26 23.41.54.jpg

Best part of the night.... a 78 year old man, the father of one of our players, started talking about @Mrs Poker Zombie 's boobs. I can't wait until I'm old enough to say anything I wish and it comes out funny.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom