Official CPC scrown pr0n thread (1 Viewer)

Post #20 for some Willie's Treasure Trove pron
damn, I even scrolled trough and didn't notice... not sure this Death Wish coffee is doing its job anymore. Apologies everyone.

To make up for it I am going to post some better STD pics! LMAO but they are on the phone... really need a good day with bright light to show these beauties off correctly man!

My Jessie Beck quarter.

IMG_20200403_165829.jpg

IMG_20200415_194730.jpg

IMG_20200709_111501.jpg

And the family photo of the others from our group by.

IMG_20200403_171941.jpg

damn, I even scrolled trough and didn't notice... not sure this Death Wish coffee is doing its job anymore. Apologies everyone.

To make up for it I am going to post some better STD pics! LMAO but they are on the phone... really need a good day with bright light to show these beauties off correctly man!

Nah the coffee is probably working too well haha. Over caffeination makes my brain move too quickly to notice smaller details on occasion. We could always use more Treasure Trove pron in this thread :tup:

What do you guys rate the CPC small crowns like? I've always been intrigued to how they match up against actual TRKs. Now I know that they don't contain the lead that makes them a little heavier but just an overall comparison. I think it'd be fun to have a fun custom set one day

What do you guys rate the CPC small crowns like? I've always been intrigued to how they match up against actual TRKs. Now I know that they don't contain the lead that makes them a little heavier but just an overall comparison. I think it'd be fun to have a fun custom set one day
They have brass flake to help weight them

I'll let you know in 3 months. Just put my order in! I've got 3 blanks, and they definitely don't feel as heavy as the couple of TRKs that I have. Visually, they're great. Only time will tell what an actual barrel feels like.

I'll let you know in 3 months. Just put my order in! I've got 3 blanks, and they definitely don't feel as heavy as the couple of TRKs that I have. Visually, they're great. Only time will tell what an actual barrel feels like.
Me too! Hope you’re right about the 3 months. I have a feeling it might be longer

Me too! Hope you’re right about the 3 months. I have a feeling it might be longer
I think David said that it takes about 2 months to set everything up to run the small crown pressing. Since they are setting it up in January, I would expect that they begin manufacturing in March. So yeah maybe 3 months is a little bit optimistic. But I definitely guess by early spring we'd have them.

They are not the same thing.... as many have said before, do not buy these in the notion that you are buying TRKs. The clay composition is different, not saying worse, just not the same thing.

I had a couple scrown CPC sample sets and to be honest wasn't very impressed. When the opportunity came up to buy the Silver Tounged Devils I actually questioned it because of the mold choice... I decided that I loved the chips enough to take a chance, and I was very impressed with these when they arrived.

I am a CSQ mold guy all the way! But after playing these a couple times, I would say that scrown is second place. I have herd there are significant price differences from CPC based off of which mold hou choose. I have never really looked into customs yet myself.... if it was significantly more than CSQ and I was designing a set from scratch I would go with the CSQ, from the money stand point. But if the mold draws you in and you want to do a retro old school Scrown TRK type theme. I could see spending the extra $$$. Hope that helps

I think David said that it takes about 2 months to set everything up to run the small crown pressing. Since they are setting it up in January, I would expect that they begin manufacturing in March. So yeah maybe 3 months is a little bit optimistic. But I definitely guess by early spring we'd have them.
Sounds great. I placed the order in August so I should have a decent place in the line

@Ben8257 You said that initially you were not impressed with the small crowns but then after getting your hand on the silver tongued devils it changed your mind. Out of curiosity what exactly changed your mind? Was it simply the look? Or did they feel a lot different than you expected them to... Feel different than the sample sets that is.

For me it was about the look. I really wanted that TRK style look.

Edit: by the way, yes you are correct that the small crowns are about 15% more expensive than the circle squares... Depending on your choice of level complexity of edge spots that is

A few threads and posts already. Search will find them.

Short version; they don’t compare. At all. Still, it’s my favorite looking CPC mold

@Ben8257 You said that initially you were not impressed with the small crowns but then after getting your hand on the silver tongued devils it changed your mind. Out of curiosity what exactly changed your mind? Was it simply the look? Or did they feel a lot different than you expected them to... Feel different than the sample sets that is.

For me it was about the look. I really wanted that TRK style look.
I guess it is a matter of opinion, I like a slightly higher density chip (like BCCs), not necessarily heavier... many BCCs are pretty light but still carry a clay feel to them. The first couple of samples that we acquired felt soft and light to me... kind of weird as no other molds have ever felt that way. also the issue I have with many CPC chips is that the bright colored chips are usually lighter and have a tendency to feel plastic like rather than clay... no different then the 8.5g TRK vs 10g plus though... same issue. I guess they just didn't feel right, also this is why I personally agree with advice prior suggested to stay away from bright DG base colors for chips... you can have bling spots, but if you use it for the base colors the chip is likely going to run at the lighter end of the weight spectrum. The STDs are much more dense and heavier feeling, I seriously had my doubts prior, but really happy with how these came out and glad I made the choice to buy them and also planning on a massive expansion at some point.

I guess it is a matter of opinion, I like a slightly higher density chip (like BCCs), not necessarily heavier... many BCCs are pretty light but still carry a clay feel to them. The first couple of samples that we acquired felt soft and light to me... kind of weird as no other molds have ever felt that way. also the issue I have with many CPC chips is that the bright colored chips are usually lighter and have a tendency to feel plastic like rather than clay... no different then the 8.5g TRK vs 10g plus though... same issue. I guess they just didn't feel right, also this is why I personally agree with advice prior suggested to stay away from bright DG base colors for chips... you can have bling spots, but if you use it for the base colors the chip is likely going to run at the lighter end of the weight spectrum. The STDs are much more dense and heavier feeling, I seriously had my doubts prior, but really happy with how these came out and glad I made the choice to buy them and also planning on a massive expansion at some point.
Thanks for that info. Yes I personally tried to stay away from any of the day glow colors for the base color of the chip for that very reason.

I don't think my expectations is that they're going to compare to Paulson's... Especially leaded Paulson's at that. I wanted the look and the customization.

Glad you ended up liking them though! I'm hoping when my set finally arrives at some point in 2021 that I'll fall in love with it too.

Thanks for that info. Yes I personally tried to stay away from any of the day glow colors for the base color of the chip for that very reason.

I don't think my expectations is that they're going to compare to Paulson's... Especially leaded Paulson's at that. I wanted the look and the customization.

Glad you ended up liking them though! I'm hoping when my set finally arrives at some point in 2021 that I'll fall in love with it too.
Let me know when the first game is!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom