Official 2021 Custom Chip Set HOF Voting Thread (1 Viewer)

Pick the sets you think deserve to be in the 2021 HOF

• The Armory

Votes: 56 34.4%
  • The Aurora Club

Votes: 37 22.7%
  • The Barrel House

Votes: 60 36.8%
  • Broken Bell

Votes: 83 50.9%
  • Club Hel

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Cutthroats

Votes: 36 22.1%
  • Heritage Club

Votes: 33 20.2%
  • The Rising Sun

Votes: 36 22.1%
  • Vier Jahreszeiten

Votes: 16 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t know what’s more impressive. The write ups or photography!

I missed this thread somehow. Didn’t know it was still a thing. Lot of nice sets.

Last day for voting!

Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's HOF process, from the initial stump thread to the final voting! Congratulations to all those who were nominated and thank you for providing such excellent write-ups & photos of your custom creations. And an extra special thank you to all of the 2021 committee members - @slisk250, @Perthmike, @Rhodeman77, @Thomacetti, @kmccormick100 - for your work and dedication this year!

Without further ado, I’m pleased to announce the 2021 PCF Custom Chip Set Hall of Fame class of 2021:

Congrats to the new hall of famers! Quite the accomplishment! You should be proud!

Shout out to all involved! The nominees, the committee and the voters! I look forward to this every year and all of you make it happen!

Thank you to everyone who participated in this year's HOF process, from the initial stump thread to the final voting! Congratulations to all those who were nominated and thank you for providing such excellent write-ups & photos of your custom creations. And an extra special thank you to all of the 2021 committee members - @slisk250, @Perthmike, @Rhodeman77, @Thomacetti, @kmccormick100 - for your work and dedication this year!

Without further ado, I’m pleased to announce the 2021 PCF Custom Chip Set Hall of Fame class of 2021:

Honest question here. What was the point of the stump thread? The top two sets that were nominated and got the most upvotes (Nirvana Lounge & Athenian Owl) weren't even put up for a vote. Meanwhile, the majority of the sets that were up for vote weren't even nominated.

I appreciate the votes. All great sets IMO. Thanks to the committee members for their time in putting all this together. I was hesitant to be included but @Irish was persistent and twisted my arm.

the-mask-award.gif

Thanks!

Honest question here. What was the point of the stump thread? The top two sets that were nominated and got the most upvotes (Nirvana Lounge & Athenian Owl) weren't even put up for a vote. Meanwhile, the majority of the sets that were up for vote weren't even nominated.
committee discussions are private and will remain so. The full procedure we used was published by Irish I believe. In the end, only committee members make their initial selections which are then debated extensively leading to nominations. While the stump thread gives the membership the opportunity to bring sets to the committee’s attention, that’s all it is. As stated by the chair, no outside influences are involved in the process, not site owners, admin, mods, nobody.

I appreciate the votes. All great sets IMO. Thanks to the committee members for their time in putting all this together. I was hesitant to be included but @Irish was persistent and twisted my arm.

View attachment 832281

Thanks!
I thought I twisted hard too.

It is worth mentioning that Tommy has refused to participate for a few years for his own reasons. There has always been a bit of drama with the Hall so I can understand. I’ve always loved that BB set and I’m not alone.

Congrats to the three set designers. All are well deserved.

Thanks for the question Travis - the stump thread is the starting point for the whole process, it provides a venue for PCF to offer their insights & opinions for the committee's consideration. The very first thing the committee does, before beginning any of it's internal discussions, is to review the stump list. As noted in the OP, while the purpose of the HOF isn't necessarily to nominate the most popular sets, input from the stump thread is one of the components that committee members consider when creating their initial nomination list. The rest of the process is detailed in the OP. Furthermore - without getting into details on the committee's discussions as those are obviously discreetly private - the stump list is often consulted at points along the discussion as well.

There were less than a dozen sets mentioned in this year's stump thread, and I believe the most reactions a singe set received was under 20. I'd very much encourage folks to actively participate even more next year and use that stump thread to offer more set support, thoughts and details for the committee to consider next year.

I thought I twisted hard too.

It is worth mentioning that Tommy has refused to participate for a few years for his own reasons. There has always been a bit of drama with the Hall so I can understand. I’ve always loved that BB set and I’m not alone.

Congrats to the three set designers. All are well deserved.
I swear my memory fails me more often that not lately. Yes you did. :cool

I think you guys should do a HOF tables thread too next year. @Irish, you've made some EPIC tables over the years that I've seen. Would be cool to see some of the best tables in a thread as well. They don't get enough love around here.

Thanks Travis. We used to do that "back in the day" at scott's poker table forum. Even had a sponsor, winner got a free custom cloth. There were tons of tables being done back then so it was a really fun competition, lots of great entries.

I really do miss seeing all the custom builds we had back then, but those days are long over with the home poker boom in the rear view mirror. The table showcase thread we have here is a nice place to oogle tables, that's where I get my fix :)

Last edited:
I can’t believe how nice these chips are that have been made.
I had no idea you could make such high quality sets.

Is this still open for voting?
Broken Bell gets my vote!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom