OfficerLovejoys first THC CG set - Bull / Police themed (1 Viewer)

@Marius L
I was gonna make a judgement call depending on how deep the lables are buried into the chips. I would prefer to overlable to preserve those beautiful chips, but I already received the empress $100s and those Inlays are not deep enough to overlable. Some of them are flush with the rest of the chip so even the thinnest lables from @Gear make the chip thicker and less stable when stacked.

@5aces already offered me time in his basement with his mill (at least I think that is what he meant) ;)

Hmmm, murdering rare THC hundos for a set which is not fully thought through...? That’s probably not a good idea.

Your casa $5s have large inlays that extend into the hats and canes of the THC mold. They will not look good as an overlabel or as a label replacement. I would forget about relabeling those entirely.

The condition of your chips do no match each other. Mint and near mint chips do not fit well with used chips.

You are talking about milling Empress primary hundos which are themselves relatively rare. You’re new to chipping and still learning the ropes. I would advise to avoid murdering any chips until you have a better idea of what you’re doing.

For example, before creating your custom set, build a mixed THC set. Mint or used. If you go mint, you already have the $5s for it. If used, you already have hundos. This will give you experience in all of the things you need to understand before you build your custom set.

just my 2¢ ;)

Hmmm, murdering rare THC hundos for a set which is not fully thought through...? That’s probably not a good idea.

Your casa $5s have large inlays that extend into the hats and canes of the THC mold. They will not look good as an overlabel or as a label replacement. I would forget about relabeling those entirely.

The condition of your chips do no match each other. Mint and near mint chips do not fit well with used chips.

You are talking about milling Empress primary hundos which are themselves relatively rare. You’re new to chipping and still learning the ropes. I would advise to avoid murdering any chips until you have a better idea of what you’re doing.

For example, before creating your custom set, build a mixed THC set. Mint or used. If you go mint, you already have the $5s for it. If used, you already have hundos. This will give you experience in all of the things you need to understand before you build your custom set.

just my 2¢ ;)
I get what you are saying, and I appreciate the thought.
The problem with building a mixed THC Set without any relabling whatsoever is that my classic homegame plays very small.
There are very few 5ct/10ct options out there to just pick up and start playing.
This and I'd like to get to play with the colors and edgespots that I like and would love to enjoy in my homegame. A black hundo will never be felted in my game so does this mean I can never have some in play?
I don't wanna go ceramics, since I've had those in play for around 15 years now, I want the real deal with paulsons and if this is the only way I can get those, I am willing to murder some used condition $100.
If I can't find someone in europe who would be willing to help me out, I might just have to teach myself with some less desirable chips and then go for it.
I will realize by chip 5 when it is not working out so I will still have enough of the chips to sell to a more gentle owner. ;)

You sure have a point about mixing used and minty chips, but if I were to wait for the perfect combination of either minty or used chips for my first (!) set, I would not felt any chips for years to come. Some might be fine with just waiting and waiting lurking in the classifieds without ever getting to play with their purchases, but I am not this strong.

Thank you for your 2ct though. :)

Newer chips, like the sunset beach are easy to murder because they have vinyl inlays that will come off fairly easily. Older ones, like the empress, have paper inlays and can be a real bitch to get off. I had an empress joliet $25 extra that I murdered for educational purposes. Doing 80 of those will require some serious patience

I get what you are saying, and I appreciate the thought.
The problem with building a mixed THC Set without any relabling whatsoever is that my classic homegame plays very small.
There are very few 5ct/10ct options out there to just pick up and start playing.
This and I'd like to get to play with the colors and edgespots that I like and would love to enjoy in my homegame. A black hundo will never be felted in my game so does this mean I can never have some in play?
I don't wanna go ceramics, since I've had those in play for around 15 years now, I want the real deal with paulsons and if this is the only way I can get those, I am willing to murder some used condition $100.
If I can't find someone in europe who would be willing to help me out, I might just have to teach myself with some less desirable chips and then go for it.
I will realize by chip 5 when it is not working out so I will still have enough of the chips to sell to a more gentle owner. ;)

You sure have a point about mixing used and minty chips, but if I were to wait for the perfect combination of either minty or used chips for my first (!) set, I would not felt any chips for years to come. Some might be fine with just waiting and waiting lurking in the classifieds without ever getting to play with their purchases, but I am not this strong.

Thank you for your 2ct though. :)
For microstakes you can use dollars as cents. Maybe this is an option.

Newer chips, like the sunset beach are easy to murder because they have vinyl inlays that will come off fairly easily. Older ones, like the empress, have paper inlays and can be a real bitch to get off. I had an empress joliet $25 extra that I murdered for educational purposes. Doing 80 of those will require some serious patience
I hope it would go something like this:

You could go with a Breakdown like this
150 5$
150 25$
150 100$
20 to 50 500$

Anyone murdered shaped inlay chips before? It would be sad to mill the shaped Empress $100 inlay with a drill press. Anyone ever tried doing manual removal of shaped inlays and inserting shaped gear labels in their place? I imagine the work it would take would be pretty insane, but maybe it would be worth it?

Anyone murdered shaped inlay chips before? It would be sad to mill the shaped Empress $100 inlay with a drill press. Anyone ever tried doing manual removal of shaped inlays and inserting shaped gear labels in their place? I imagine the work it would take would be pretty insane, but maybe it would be worth it?
That’s the work I was talking about a few posts up. I also would not mill shaped paulsons, seems like there are better candidates out there.

That’s the work I was talking about a few posts up. I also would not mill shaped paulsons, seems like there are better candidates out there.

How did it end up looking? Curious if gear can do matching shaped labels as well..

I didn’t quite finish it, but did enough to be able to confidently say that it sucks.

I bet @Gear could do matching shaped labels

I didn’t quite finish it, but did enough to be able to confidently say that it sucks.

I bet @Gear could do matching shaped labels
Honestly I can imagine. But I'm thinking about the awesome result it could potentially lead to.. Curious of anyone has actually went through with something like this

I've had him do shaped labels for CPC inlay replacement. They don't 100% fill the empty space, but they fit into the recess and don't hang out. Did this with Scallop, Cog and Tri-Moon inlay shapes. If he can do CPC shaped, Paulson shaped should be no problem either. Might have to send in a milled/murdered chip for reference maybe.

Edit: Pics https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/non-denomination-chip-thread.37874/post-1034262
These are the thick glossy vinyl ones which are a lot easier to handle than thin labels. I would definitely opt for those if milling. Much easier to place than thinner labels.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom