OfficerLovejoys first THC CG set - Bull / Police themed (1 Viewer)

OfficerLovejoy

Full House
Reaction score
A little backstory to this first cg set that I am building.

I am a police officer in germany and have been doing this job for 10 years now. I know in light of the events in the USA from earlier this year that does not make me popular in the eyes of the public, but I can say with full confidence that I have never treated somebody unfairly for whatever reason, nor have I covered for another cop who missused his or her power during the job.

My current homegame started around 5 years ago when I started hosting once a month with friends from my station. The german animal nickname/insult for police officers is a little more flattering than the "pigs" from the USA. It's "Bullen" - meaning bulls. From time to time my colleagues and I use it in jest to adress each other.

Introducing the "Bullenrunde" or loosely translated "circle of bulls":

My first mockup for the lable:
Bullenrunde 5€.jpg

The bull artwork is temporary stockfootage by sararoom that i could buy for $15 should I stick with that particular image.
The design overall is very minimalistic as of now and ofc subject to change. I still have to experiment on the fonts and I already think the denoms are not as easy to read as I'd like them to be.

I have bought bits and pieces from the classifieds and collected them at a friend of mine who lives in minnesota. She shipped the collected chips a few weeks ago and I expect, I can pick them up at german customs on monday.

I will update this thread as soon as the chips arrive with actual chip pr0n, but for now I can show the mockups of the actual THC I rebuild in the cpc design tool:

Not yet purchased / found on the classifieds:
100x yellow THC solids - 5ct
5ct colored.png

200x casablanca $5s - 25ct
25ct colored.png

100x scandia $1 - €1
1EUR colored.png

80x empress $100 - €5
5EUR.png

10x HS Cincinatty $25 - €25
I know, I know this one is RHC and I will replace it at some point.
25EUR.png

Together they will look something like this:
Bullenrunde colored.png

I know I have yet to see / feel the actual chips in person. Things might change, but this is how far I've gotten as of now.

Attachments

• Bullenrunde 5ct color.jpg
    Bullenrunde 5ct color.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Wanted
If someone reading this has a rack of THC yellow solids for sale or knows someone who does and wants to help make this set happen, let me know.
Something like this would be great:
image.jpg

Same goes for a rack of scandia $1s like these:
blog-11.jpg

Last edited:
If those are casablanca $5s you are using, you might have trouble relabeling them because of the inlay size on those chips. Also the cincy $25 is RHC and lot THC, which may or may not matter to you, but some people prefer to not mix molds in a set.

Regardless i like the line up with the nice spot progression. Maybe you could ad something to the inlay art to make it a bit more interesting, like an almost transparent background pattern or something.. Not sure. But good luck with your project! Looks like the start of something good

Interesting color choice for a €5 in a set that appears to follow traditional colors apart from that (blue €1, green €25).

Might want to experiment with color matching the background on the labels to the chip, maybe a faint gradient (see Motswari Lodge CPCs for an example of what I mean). All white is a bit very minimalistic, as you already say, particularly in combination with the just as minimalistic edge spots on your €1 and lower denoms.

If those are casablanca $5s you are using, you might have trouble relabeling them because of the inlay size on those chips. Also the cincy $25 is RHC and lot THC, which may or may not matter to you, but some people prefer to not mix molds in a set.

Regardless i like the line up with the nice spot progression. Maybe you could ad something to the inlay art to make it a bit more interesting, like an almost transparent background pattern or something.. Not sure. But good luck with your project! Looks like the start of something good
Good catch on the inlay size of the Casa $5s. I see 2 options here. I could order one batch of bigger lables with a wider white edge for the 25ct from @Gear or I could color match the edge like a faux shaped inlay to make the lables look the same size. Come to think of it, I could consider going full faux shaped Inlays for all of the denoms. Could @Gear assist with the color matching?
I agree that the inlay should be more interesting.
Interesting color choice for a €5 in a set that appears to follow traditional colors apart from that (blue €1, green €25).

Might want to experiment with color matching the background on the labels to the chip, maybe a faint gradient (see Motswari Lodge CPCs for an example of what I mean). All white is a bit very minimalistic, as you already say, particularly in combination with the just as minimalistic edge spots on your €1 and lower denoms.
The color choice for the €5 came to pass for various reasons. I refuse to mix a red $5 with a pink frac. Leaves classic cali colors, but I just haven't encountered a yellow chip with fitting edgespots that was under $700 / rack.
I happened to come across those fairly priced empress $100s that i could afford and that had the perfect edgespot progression.
I made the choice to have the yellow color as solid fracs - a more affordable option but I was not successful in aquiring those yet ... I refuse to give up though.

Your feedback on the lable is great, I will experiment with your suggestions, thank you.

Last edited:
@allforcharity I am not completely happy with it either... Although I do want some kind of color matching in the lable. I might experiment with different types of backgrounds or soil/foliage the bull ist standing on.
Also I wanna try out different bulls for the different denoms. Although I might have trouble keeping a consistent style with stock images.

The brown bull looks the best and the green bull doesn’t look good at all in the green field. Have you considered dropping the color matching all together?

The chips all work well together. Look g forward to seeing this completed.

The brown bull looks the best and the green bull doesn’t look good at all in the green field. Have you considered dropping the color matching all together?

The chips all work well together. Look g forward to seeing this completed.
Yes, the fur color matching is not working, I agree. Dropping it alltogether is definately an option if I feel, I've exhausted my options.

I like your custom set a lot, so thank you for showing interest in mine. Makes me feel I am on the right track.

A little backstory to this first cg set that I am building.

I am a police officer in germany and have been doing this job for 10 years now. I know in light of the events in the USA from earlier this year that does not make me popular in the eyes of the public, but I can say with full confidence that I have never treated somebody unfairly for whatever reason, nor have I covered for another cop who missused his or her power during the job.

My current homegame started around 5 years ago when I started hosting once a month with friends from my station. The german animal nickname/insult for police officers is a little more flattering than the "pigs" from the USA. It's "Bullen" - meaning bulls. From time to time my colleagues and I use it in jest to adress each other.

Introducing the "Bullenrunde" or loosely translated "circle of bulls":

My first mockup for the lable:
View attachment 573880
The bull artwork is temporary stockfootage by sararoom that i could buy for $15 should I stick with that particular image.
The design overall is very minimalistic as of now and ofc subject to change. I still have to experiment on the fonts and I already think the denoms are not as easy to read as I'd like them to be.

I have bought bits and pieces from the classifieds and collected them at a friend of mine who lives in minnesota. She shipped the collected chips a few weeks ago and I expect, I can pick them up at german customs on monday.

I will update this thread as soon as the chips arrive with actual chip pr0n, but for now I can show the mockups of the actual THC I rebuild in the cpc design tool:

Not yet purchased / found on the classifieds:
100x yellow THC solids - 5ct
View attachment 573882

200x casablanca $5s - 25ct
View attachment 573883

100x scandia $1 - €1
View attachment 573884

80x empress $100 - €5
View attachment 573886

10x HS Cincinatty $25 - €25
I know, I know this one is RHC and I will replace it at some point.
View attachment 573888

Together they will look something like this:
View attachment 573890

I know I have yet to see / feel the actual chips in person. Things might change, but this is how far I've gotten as of now.

I'm sure that your German community greatly appreciates your service. Same way that this community appreciates these pretty awesome looking chips. Agree with the brown bull idea above. The B mold might be a good option too. In for samples!

Reactions: Nex
@johnnycnote thank you for your kind words. I will definately do a cpc order at some point. I will play to their strenghts though and avoid solid yellows. ;)
This mockup for now ist just for paulsons I plan to relable. So no samples yet unless i come across more of the chips I already found.

The only yellow to avoid really is DG Saturn as chip base color. Everything else perfectly fine. Saturn also ok as (thin) spot color.
Do you have a CPC color sample set?

The only yellow to avoid really is DG Saturn as chip base color. Everything else perfectly fine. Saturn also ok as spot color.
Do you have a CPC color sample set?
I have the next best thing, I have samples of the AC and Rounders sets and multicolored mold samples in combination with this thread.
Their yellows are just not what I am looking for. It just comes down to taste, I guess. I love other colors of them like their dg pink or dg tiger. When I build my CPC set I'll make sure to play to their strenghts.

Last edited:
I like the cartoon bull and the spot progression a lot. Maybe color match the denomination instead of the bull?

I would also echo the sentiment of others that the pink casa would be hard to relabel.

I like the cartoon bull and the spot progression a lot. Maybe color match the denomination instead of the bull?

I would also echo the sentiment of others that the pink casa would be hard to relabel.
I'm gonna play around with other color matches to avoid matching the bull.
You guys got me scared now concerning the casas. Those are the chips I built my whole set around... edgespotprogression and color palette. I hope I can make it work. Anybody ever relabled or overlabled a casa $5?

I do not plan to mix THC and RHC in the long run. The only RHC I have right now in this set are 10x HS Cincinatty $25s which will be easy to replace down the line.

Last edited:
I'm gonna play around with other color matches to avoid matching the bull.
You guys got me scared now concerning the casas. Those are the chips I build my whole set around... edgespotprogression and color palette. I hope I can make it work. Anybody ever relabled or overlabled a casa $5?

I do not plan to mix THC and RHC in the long run. The only RHC I have right now in this set are 10x HS Cincinatty $25s which will be easy to replace down the line.

I'm afraid it would look a bit wonky, but I haven't tried it myself... Problem is that the inlay is touching the hats and canes. BTW, are you planning full murder og label overs?

@Marius L
I was gonna make a judgement call depending on how deep the lables are buried into the chips. I would prefer to overlable to preserve those beautiful chips, but I already received the empress $100s and those Inlays are not deep enough to overlable. Some of them are flush with the rest of the chip so even the thinnest lables from @Gear make the chip thicker and less stable when stacked.

@5aces already offered me time in his basement with his mill (at least I think that is what he meant) ;)

If I’d have a drill/mill mashine I’d offer them to you, but all I have got is a lot of S.P.A.C.E. in the basement. Think we misunderstood. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

If I’d have a drill/mill mashine I’d offer them to you, but all I have got is a lot of S.P.A.C.E. in the basement. Think we misunderstood. :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
I guess we did. :D
My wife ist not gonna understand why we bought a milling machine... But I see no other way since @Josh Kifer does not live in Europe. ;)

@Marius L
I was gonna make a judgement call depending on how deep the lables are buried into the chips. I would prefer to overlable to preserve those beautiful chips, but I already received the empress $100s and those Inlays are not deep enough to overlable. Some of them are flush with the rest of the chip so even the thinnest lables from @Gear make the chip thicker and less stable when stacked.

@5aces already offered me time in his basement with his mill (at least I think that is what he meant) ;)

If I remember correctly, the Empress $100s you have are used, while the casa $5s are mint, so overlabels might fit better for the casa $5s. I'm usually more a fan of full murder though, as it makes it posible to use the textured labels from gear which has a great feel to them. Condition differences might also lead to some differences in stack heights by the way. The difference between near mint and mint might not be noticeable between one or two chips, but in stacks of 20, it can be quite big. May not be a problem for you though, but it's another thing to be aware of. I still think the bigger problem will be the inlay size of the casa $5, but considering I've never tried murdering any of those I couldn't tell you the result.

I think you will definitely get a better idea of all this when the chips all arrive. I guess there is a reason why catch and release sales are so common on PCF. What looks great in pics or combinations in your head might not be perfect for some reason when it's all said and done.

I too would colour-match the font, but only the outline, you have white outline anyway, so shouldn‘t be too difficult to play around with that.
That second drawing of the black 5 is really nice.

Not a fan of solids here, so i would look for a simple spotted yellow, although i gotta admit that could get difficult. You think those artichoke joes which are auctioned atm would ruin your spot progression?

For the green, maybe look for the Aztar 25? Those seem to come around from time to time. Palm beach cruise or condado beach 25 could be really nice as well, but seem to be more difficult to get.

Maybe try different bull drawings as well? Your linked artwork already has at least 2 additional pics i find really nice, although i gotta admit, i like comical inlays.

looking forward for the finished set, really like the rough concept/draft so far.

I too would colour-match the font, but only the outline, you have white outline anyway, so shouldn‘t be too difficult to play around with that.
That second drawing of the black 5 is really nice.

Not a fan of solids here, so i would look for a simple spotted yellow, although i gotta admit that could get difficult. You think those artichoke joes which are auctioned atm would ruin your spot progression?

For the green, maybe look for the Aztar 25? Those seem to come around from time to time. Palm beach cruise or condado beach 25 could be really nice as well, but seem to be more difficult to get.

Maybe try different bull drawings as well? Your linked artwork already has at least 2 additional pics i find really nice, although i gotta admit, i like comical inlays.

looking forward for the finished set, really like the rough concept/draft so far.
I will try out the color matching outline, good idea.

I am a sucker for the edgespotprogresseion I have planned, so the artichoke joes are not an option for me although I did consider it for quite some time when those got posted on the classifieds.
The problem with spotted yellows ist price and availability, so I will try to get the set working with the chips I have so far.
The aztar, palm beach cruise and condado beach 25s are all good options. They do however have the same edgespot pattern as the empress 100, so there might be something out there with a more natural progression.
Thank you for your thoughts. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom