Motswari Lodge - cash set pron (updated pics in post 2 & 3) (1 Viewer)

Perthmike

Straight Flush
Reaction score
I’ve posted a couple of photos in my design thread, but they are harder to find in amongst the thread so I figured I’d start a proper pron thread.

These are currently with @detroitdad who is reshipping them for me. I can’t say enough kind words about Bill, he’s definitely one of the most helpful dudes I’ve ever come across.

I’ll oil them up and do some full pron once I get my hands on them.

From the pics I can safely say that I’m absolutely over the moon with them and I owe a massive thanks to @p5woody for all of his help, patience and fantastic work on the inlays and my felt. I really feel that without his skills, my ideas would never have turned into such a perfect inlay for my theme.

Also thanks to @Nex and @liftapint for letting me bounce some ideas of them. And heaps of other forum peeps pitched in with comments and ideas in my design thread, which made a big difference to the outcome of the overall set, so thanks to PCF and yes the dead donkey site too because I got help there also. Most of those people are back here now anyway so at least we can all get along again.

My only minor disappointment (if I’m nitpicking) is the spots on the zebra, but I knew going in that the spot pattern on that one can sometimes come out this way. Either way it seems to me that cpc have knocked it out of the park again and I can’t wait to get them in my hands.
67015CE1-C040-42FF-B3A4-68E9D45E5CF2.jpeg

C6BD16C5-8A1B-4D05-AA7D-848AD06A061E.jpeg

19122BC2-FB4C-4DE0-B76D-BF48FF46A0D6.jpeg

C5A257E3-8C34-4106-AD26-945D028B6D02.jpeg

That is a hall of fame set right there. Awesome execution!
I can't imagine the anxiety knowing these are in the hands of someone else and you haven't physically touched them yet. :eek:

I look forward to seeing @detroitdad post pics of them in play before he forwards them on to you. :eek::eek::eek:
Wow that’s a huge compliment, thanks very much. Just wait until I finish my table and get them into my safari themed man cave I’m going to do up.

No anxiety since they are in the safest hands possible. Oddly enough I would have liked seeing them in play on the sunset table and it wouldn’t have bothered me in the slightest. Missed opportunity bill.

Last edited:
Great set, love your inlays! The $1 is my fave. With respect to the spots on your zebra chip, if anything having them come out that way just makes them resemble a zebra more closely anyway (y) :thumbsup:
Yeah the $1 is my favourite too. I was thinking the same thing about the zebras. I’ll see how they look when I oil them up. I may relabel them as $100s and order more of the elephants as $20s instead.

That is a hall of fame set right there. Awesome execution!
I can't imagine the anxiety knowing these are in the hands of someone else and you haven't physically touched them yet. :eek:

I look forward to seeing @detroitdad post pics of them in play before he forwards them on to you. :eek::eek::eek:

If I was hosting this weekend I might have asked lol. I won't be hosting until SEP. These babies need to get home. I'll be shipping this morning.

B

These are stunning - but I knew they would be from the mock-ups. The zebra is amazing - probably my favourite chip and I think the spots deformation make them look all the more organic and real. Can't wait to get my sample set - these are going in frame and put on our "Africa" wall.

3DF3AA27-D96C-4DE2-841A-B59984AB8902.jpeg

These are stunning - but I knew they would be from the mock-ups. The zebra is amazing - probably my favourite chip and I think the spots deformation make them look all the more organic and real. Can't wait to get my sample set - these are going in frame and put on our "Africa" wall.

View attachment 187972
Cool africa wall

There is a distinct lack of praise for the quarter in this thread, so I'll begin.

25c and $1 are my faves. Given these will be in play the most, it's a damn good lineup.

I don't understand the gripe about the zebra spots either. Sure, a 2 color chip sort of pales against the other spot designs, but the distorted spots definitely do make it look better/closer to the real thing imo.

And here’s where I own up to not exactly being realistic with the $1 chip. I wanted to pick animals for each chip that the wife and I saw and took photos of on our trip. So here’s each chip and it’s inspiration.
3945BF1E-8788-41C7-9E08-8667E7163DA4.jpeg

We were driving along at about 50kmph at night and somehow our guide spotted this little guy in a tree, so we got out and had a look. Quite a random little creature, but it stuck with me so seemed a great and bright option for my frac.
023681E8-BFDB-4CC0-B00F-53E8039FA5A8.jpeg

DADB7716-2C85-4DD1-909C-626F86C8DE1D.jpeg

So hornbills don’t actually come in that blue colour like Zazu from the lion king. In South Africa they mostly are the white colour below, but I love dg peacock, so zazu it is. I do feel like I at least managed to capture the beak of the real thing with the edgespots.
CB5E13E8-6D83-4355-85EB-7975B21E586C.jpeg

69EB45BB-A088-4570-A288-D96B5A110A0B.jpeg

0B98D2FC-84A7-41A3-A5D2-0C7D168573D7.jpeg

Giraffes and zebras are just cool so they had to be included. I thought about a lion for the $5, but giraffes are my wife’s favourite animal so it had to stay.
53281849-3515-4C3D-8802-2F865400BE0E.jpeg

77222049-AB1C-4662-B6C9-22E0A14B878A.jpeg

Again, I’ve taken a few liberties with the colour on this one, but I needed a bit of pink to keep it looking different next to the zebra chip. This elephant got very interested in our car and oddly enough for a huge animal backed off after just a clap from our guide “Difference”. That dude was unphased by anything, mostly he just laughed at everything. Awesome guy.
77341C5A-91EE-4DB7-B925-B62CB22D05DE.jpeg

I think I'm under as much stress about you getting this package as you are. Good luck
Hahaha, it’s a tough gig being the patron saint of chipping.

Hopefully they will be in my hands in 5 days. Perth customs always likes to hold packages for 2-4 days. It’s never quick.

These turned out wonderful! Love the $1 the most, but that is just splitting hairs. The whole set is awesome. Looking forward to some oiled up and in play pics.

Well done and congrats!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom