Nuclear Monkey Ceramics (1 Viewer)

All right, y'all talked into me into numerals. Here are the new designs. I haven't decided on the shade of red or orange yet. Samples are on their way from BrPro to figure it out. BrPro is also helping me to to make sure the edge designs work. Himewad is going to run a group buy on the dealer buttons. Is there interest in a group buy for these? If there is, I'd consider putting one together.
Denoms look great.

The centering of the $500 looks off in comparison to the other denoms. Others are centered at the number whereas the $500 chip is centered with the dollar sign.

Perhaps try the numbers in the same font type as the Nuclear Monkey text?

Denoms look great.

The centering of the $500 looks off in comparison to the other denoms. Others are centered at the number whereas the $500 chip is centered with the dollar sign.

Perhaps try the numbers in the same font type as the Nuclear Monkey text?
Thanks for the feedback. Good eye on the centering. I played with the centering on all the chips and I debated same centering across all denoms vs. best centering on each chip (they are not the same), and I ended up going with best centering on each chip, partly because at my game the $1, $5 and $25 will be out the whole time, the $100 the later half of the night, and the $500 won't make it out most nights.

The $500 just has problems. The text is so wide that if you center just the numbers, then the left side overlaps the inlay ring and even goes out to the outer ring. So I moved it off center to make the left and right sides look like they are centered. I tried making the $500 text smaller, but then it looks odd because it is so much smaller than the others and it is still so wide (unless you go really small) that the $ is close to the inlay ring, but there is a big hole on the right side. This is part of the reason I initially went with written denoms.

I also tried the Space Age font for the denoms and it is not suited for this chip face. It is very wide relative to its height, and that creates a lot of problems (the $500 font must be so small that the numbers fit within the center circle, zeros look weird if not centered in the center spot, etc.). I could stretch the font to make it taller, but it would be a major change to the font and won't look right. Also, the font is not super-readable anyway, so putting it on a complex background doesn't work well. I am going to use Space Age font for the denoms on the rolling edge (it works well there because it is wide on a super wide background (the face of a chip is 1:1 width:height, but the rolling edge is like 5:1 visually).

I'll likely be wrapping up this DB order tomorrow morning (Monday 08/23).

Final proofs from BR Pro Poker.

80F5A3C5-EA3B-490A-B768-FD3B6F34A978.jpeg

This order has been placed and paid for. No additional orders will be accepted for the Nuclear Monkey dealer buttons. Thanks.

Last edited:
LOL - just got another email from Kristil saying that it changed again. So yes, the images you posted are the ones she will use. Sorry for the confusion.

Holy crap, those are sweet! Great evolution from the 1st design. I like how you moved the text to the outer rim, its much easier to read there.

Just beautiful man! Thanks for sharing the thought process.

Congrats!

Just saw this thread for the first time. I looked at the OP and was like...."oh wow, those are busy..."

Bravo to @nuclearmonkey for listening to feedback and keeping an open mind. The final product are awesome! Great set of chips, I know you have to be over the moon with those!

I'm sorry if i missed this, but what's the back story on the design?

I'm sorry if i missed this, but what's the back story on the design?
Not much of a backstory. I started using Nuclear Monkey as a gamertag and as the name of my Fantasy Football team like 10 or 15 years ago. Someone in my FF league made custom logos/banners for each team, so mine had the ape on the $100 chip. When I decided to design chips, Nuclear Monkey seemed like a good theme, so it grew from there.

Just saw this thread for the first time. I looked at the OP and was like...."oh wow, those are busy..."

Bravo to @nuclearmonkey for listening to feedback and keeping an open mind. The final product are awesome! Great set of chips, I know you have to be over the moon with those!
If you're designing your own chips, my advice is to listen to feedback. The feedback I got was mostly very good, and I wish I had listened more. There's lots of good advice from the users on this site, so listen up.

i like the name, and the labels this will be an amazing set when it goes CPC one day! well done ! lots of potential

Not much of a backstory. I started using Nuclear Monkey as a gamertag and as the name of my Fantasy Football team like 10 or 15 years ago. Someone in my FF league made custom logos/banners for each team, so mine had the ape on the $100 chip. When I decided to design chips, Nuclear Monkey seemed like a good theme, so it grew from there.
Oh. I thought you might work at Los Alamos or something. Still, fun set!

These are an all-time great custom set! This is how ceramics should be done!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom