Notes from The Music Shack (1 Viewer)

So, I finished painting and I had my first game, I am not Totally done with The Music Shack but very close. @Shaggy kicked but, but this first guy ended up leaving with only 80...

0414172319a.jpg
0414172319.jpg
0415170100.jpg
0414172233a.jpg
0414172233.jpg
0414172232.jpg

Thanks, I snapped a pic of ALL the CDI 98 that I had years ago, the after sell the last bit of them last year I decided to get this printed on the canvas..

How do you get players to play limit games/and PLO????

Or at least, check it out?

Maybe try easing them into it by mixing in Pineapple variants. Once they're used to 3 cards then you up it to 4.

Possibly lower the limits for new games so players can see how much action is generated by the game type without risking as much.

Hold a small buy-in tournament with the new games you want to introduce to allow people some exposure to them without putting a large amount of money at risk.

Every time you're the dealer just deal them 4 cards and refuse to re-deal. They'll figure it out.

@inca911 organizes 20.00 mixed game tourneys at the meet ups to break people in. I highly recommend this.

I did just do a PLO $10 tourney and I had 6 people, one person I had to talk into coming due to the fact I only had 4 at the time...

Maybe the Mixed game, like Horse, would be better..

Thank you all..

I did just do a PLO $10 tourney and I had 6 people, one person I had to talk into coming due to the fact I only had 4 at the time...

Maybe the Mixed game, like Horse, would be better..

Thank you all..

What are your normal stakes? If their not willing to spend 10 bucks to learn a new game you might be out of luck.

I usually have a .25/.50 cash game @ $40-$100 buy-in, most buy in for 100.

@Shaggy asked one of the regular players at the cash portion that night why he wasnt at the tournament, and I think he said he didnt understand the Pot limit portion. Not sure if thats was the "I dont want a limit on my betting" and "How do I get people to fold", or if its a "I dont know how it works". Shaggy and I have done a few games of PLO and we are the dealers the entire night, so its not like he has to think about it, we announce whats in the pot prior to the next street.

Maybe I should have a conversation with him about it to let him know.

Thanks @detroitdad

@chipjoker it was basically the structure of the pot betting that confused him. More likely the pot sized raise. He did also say he had a date night with his wife and that is why they missed the $10 tourney. I think he'll come around. I think a couple more $10 tournies are in order before we can jump into the dime/dime PLO cash game.

Love the set up. I am also starting to turn my garage into a poker room. Mine is pretty small, only room for two tables but still will it be nice to play in the garage without the tools and general family catch all shelving.

After seeing your pics I cant wait to get really working on it. Thanks for the inspiration!!

IMG_0564.JPG

I bought some custom full color cut cards. chipjoker (me) designed the graphic and they were made buy http://m.pokercutcards.com/

I will do a wright up in a separate thread later, I wanted to show them off here first...

My last name is Allen, and @Shaggy 's last name starts with a "B", so naturally SIDE "A", SIDE "B" We are permanent dealers at my games, each deals every other hand.

0206180747_HDR.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom