Nine Dragons Chips GroupBuy - CLOSED (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are pictures of actual swatch chips that Erica provided me today.

unnamed (1).jpgunnamed.jpg

No problem, we can get that lightened up

- - - - - - - - - Updated - - - - - - - - -

500.jpg
Here are the two together, the updated version is the top color.

Got the T25 proto from GOCC today.

nine_dragons_proto1.jpg

Member5c25c50c$1$5$20DBT25T100T500T1000T5000T25000TotalPaid
Ronoh2

Count edited 3/24

Last edited:
I'm adjusting my order, please - sorry about the changing. I'd like:

Member5c25c50c$1$5$20DBT25T100T500T1000T5000T25000Total
Mental Nomad2222222222522212106

I just noticed that I goofed on this - I have no idea why I wrote 22 for the T5000. I mean 42. I want to use 5/4/1/ starting stack for turbos, so 50/40/10 should be on order (plus 2 each for the sample sets), total 126.

Thanks.

I will adjust the first post totals once all the tweaks are done. color shades, etc.

Latest green $25 prototype looks great (post #69). Still planning on reviewing prototypes of all chips before sending to production?

I would like two buttons if it's not too late.

Hi All

is it too late to get on this?

Aussie Geoff

No, the GB is still open.

Latest green $25 prototype looks great (post #69). Still planning on reviewing prototypes of all chips before sending to production?

I've requested a prototype of each chip but its unclear if and when they will provide them. Was told is would be more than a week to get them and that was about 2 weeks ago. I will ask again. In the mean time, I am going to send this T25 chip to woody so he can see it in person too.

I would like two buttons if it's not too late.

No cut off date has been set so you are good. I will add 2 buttons for you. Thx.

Just an update. I talked to Erica today. She said GOCC will be unable to provide a prototype chip for each denom. :( They said that the main concern was color conflicts between certain denoms and that the color swatches she posted above addressed those concerns. I mailed the T25 chip to woody today. I will wait to hear his feedback before I proceed. Thx.

I'm out on the chips for now. I'll wait until I see actual samples of chips. I can't invest in a tourney set when the 500s/100s might be unplayable , as was the case with an older GOCC group buy.

I was planning on ordering a 1000 piece tourney setup, so I can do it later without the group buy (if the artwork is still available for use, of course).

I would like to get 5 buttons though.

Mike

I completely understand Mike. It's unfortunate that GOCC cannot provide a full set of prototypes. Erica has been great to deal with but I believe it is beyond her control. I'll put you down for 5 buttons.

I'm out for all items, same reason as Mike. Samples are important.

Yeah, deal-breaker for me too. I wasn't going to make a huge dent in the totals but I'm out regardless. Good luck with these though - the artwork looks great.

I completely understand Mike. It's unfortunate that GOCC cannot provide a full set of prototypes. Erica has been great to deal with but I believe it is beyond her control. I'll put you down for 5 buttons.

Since purple /black is the biggest concern, maybe we can get at least those two?

This is good news... it's not just going to increase the group buy sales, but it will help avoid problems in the set. Improving the set will make for more sales for the production set!

Very nice design! Keep in mind that this is a design where the overall look strongly depends on absolutely perfect edge alignment. However, if all chips will come out as shown in post #47, this shouldn't be a problem. 100/500 is always critical in an ceramic tourney set. I once had a Chipco Rounders set and finally sold it for exactly this reason - purple was too dark. The easiest way around this (and a path taken by even some clay sets) would be going some kind of lavender instead of purple.

Very nice design! Keep in mind that this is a design where the overall look strongly depends on absolutely perfect edge alignment. However, if all chips will come out as shown in post #47, this shouldn't be a problem. 100/500 is always critical in an ceramic tourney set. I once had a Chipco Rounders set and finally sold it for exactly this reason - purple was too dark. The easiest way around this (and a path taken by even some clay sets) would be going some kind of lavender instead of purple.

I did let GOCC know that the aligned edges need to be dead on especially for a design like this one. Its definitely an opportunity for them to showcase their chip making skills. :)

I'm in for one complete sample set and two buttons.

Added!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom