Nile Club Shortage? (2 Viewers)

NotLilShrimp

Sitting Out
Reaction score
I was considering buying a set of nile clubs, but I can't find certain denominations like $25 chips new. Is this normal? And when do ya'll think they will be back in stock?

Hopefully never. One of the worst quality ceramic chips ever produced.
is there a ceramic set you would recommend that is roughly the same price? i am not a fan of the scrolls design, and most of the other ceramics i've seen online go for 80 cents a chip.

I will start with this. #1 Get samples. Figure out what you like in look and feel before you buy a set. #2 Don't let us scare you away from buying what you want. If you get a set of Nile Club samples and like them, then get them!

I agree that @Hobbyphilic has some great reviews.

Yes. You will spend more for good quality ceramics. BR Pro Poker has amazing chips, but you are looking at $0.70 a chip for a 500 chip set. If you really want ceramics AND you want quality, that is the price you will have to pay.

If you want to go cheaper, then you will have to look at ABS metal slug chips or china clay. There are some ABS and china clay chips that some people really enjoy playing with.

My first set was ABS metal slug chips and I bought some Monte Carlo chips that were cheap. $0.17 per chip. I am moderately happy with them, but if I would have done more research I would have bought higher quality Monte Carlo chips from Apache for a little bit more. $0.19 per chip. Apache and a few other high quality vendors have decent metal slug chips. Again.... @Hobbyphilic does a great job of reviewing them and letting you know where he got them from.

China clays are the next step as far as price and quality goes, but now you are looking at $0.50 per chip. Milanos are cheaper and can be found anywhere. But other than Milanos, expect $0.50 per chip for china clay.

I have a set of ceramics and I love them. If you really want to step up from ABS or china clay then go for it. Get ceramics. Get yourself a sample of Nile Club. Get yourself samples from BR Pro Poker. Check out some other designs too.

But don't forget. Get samples first!

is there a ceramic set you would recommend that is roughly the same price? i am not a fan of the scrolls design, and most of the other ceramics i've seen online go for 80 cents a chip.

Check out the cards mold group buys run by @justincarothers in the group buys channel.

These are fairly good, yet inexpensive, ceramics with many different set designs to choose from.

Hopefully never. One of the worst quality ceramic chips ever produced.
I came to PCF pretty sure I was going to splurge and buy Nile clubs. But I read this same advice from you, way back then. I ended up going with Paulsons. Thanks.

I had a Nile Club sample set and have a couple of observations: they spin a lot, the edges are very sharp (which means they'll chip in no time) and the edge spot colours take up more room than the main colour.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom