Newly minted Tachi Palace satellite (2 Viewers)

CoolDude53

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanted to say hello. I normally stick to lurking, but figured now was as good a time as ever to break the trend.

I came here searching for my first small cash game set and somehow ended up with 1000 Tachi chips (thanks jim!).

I couldn’t believe how well the good old Amazon suggested salad spinner + TSP + ultra sonic worked on these (I followed ski to a t).

Hope you guys have a great Sunday! Happy chipping

Here’s what they looked like out of the box, will post cleaned and oiled pics later today, along with chip type breakdowns (surprised by how many variants there are).

Uncleaned they fit 20 to a barrel in the Spinettis 66.7 racks in case anyone was curious.

Attachments

• IMG_2289.jpeg
    IMG_2289.jpeg
    279.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_2290.jpeg
    IMG_2290.jpeg
    170.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_2304.jpeg
    IMG_2304.jpeg
    175 KB · Views: 130
I been posting all my clean pics in the Black Friday thread. I had the same results. They came out looking great! Congrats on your set as this is my first set too!

Hey guys, just wanted to say hello. I normally stick to lurking, but figured now was as good a time as ever to break the trend.

I came here searching for my first small cash game set and somehow ended up with 1000 Tachi chips (thanks jim!).

I couldn’t believe how well the good old Amazon suggested salad spinner + TSP + ultra sonic worked on these (I followed ski to a t).

Hope you guys have a great Sunday! Happy chipping
Also doing a Justin's Greek mold replica of the Tachi 1k chip. Join if you are interested so we can split the fees. There were only 200 sold during the Black Friday sale and I'm trying to up my count for my tournament set.

Very happy with how they turned out! My ocd kicked in and I spent a while magic erasering the rack check marks after the ultrasonic. They needed quite a bit of oil (the one pick shows left most barrel oiled the rest thirsty), but look great. (Edit: Most barrels of the cleaned 5s fit 21 to a barrel now)

My breakdown turned out to be:
- ones: 141 yellow, 34 white, 25 20th anniversary
- snappers: 99 white, 1 burnt yellow (not a special edition or anything)
- fives: 325 white, 33 20th anniversary yellows, 9 30th ann, 9 series 1 21th ann, 4 series 2, 8 series 3, 3 NYE 2001, 6 Easter, 2 valentines,
- twenty fives: 96 white, 16 20th ann, 8 25th ann
- hundreds: 70 white, 35 yellow
-five hundreds: 11 white, 9 yellow

I think I’m only missing the Easter $2.50, the valentines $25, and the NYE $25. I have a second order of chips 60 or 80 chips (I forget how many ha) on the way so will update the numbers when they get here.

Hoping someone who got a tournament set might want to sell or trade a $1k chip - hard to kick the completionist itch now.

Using these for our tournament game tomorrow

Attachments

• IMG_2319.jpeg
    IMG_2319.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    262.6 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2325.jpeg
    IMG_2325.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_2326.jpeg
    IMG_2326.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 50
With only 200 sold during Black Friday 40 racked checked auctioned there were only 160 in sold in sets. So maybe 4-5 people have them. There isn't a lot floating out there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom