Newb reporting for duty (1 Viewer)

THRA5H3R

3 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hi all! Although I only play poker moderately, I do play a lot of games in general, and one of the things I've been thinking about is upgrading the money tracking (which is usually flimsy paper bills) with something more robust. Most railroad games encourage this, but I'm considering it for other games, as well. I feel like this puts me in an unusual spot in this community; someone who will use a large variety of different chips in potentially smaller quantities, but probably not care that much about collecting. Are there others here like me?

Are there others here like me?
There were lots of people like you...until they fell down the rabbit hole of chip collecting. I came here a year ago for similar reasons. I had a budget of $100....then I had a budget of $300...now I have lots of chips and no money and I'm still looking for more. I don't even play poker that often :)

Last edited:
Ok, so my last post made us sound like degenerates, but PCF is honestly a great community. Everyone here is super helpful and nice. Countless members have answered my dumb newb questions, helped me get what I need at reasonable prices, and even sent me lots of free stuff. Anyway, welcome and enjoy.

Welcome. There are several fellow board gamers on the site that have joined and purchased chips for various games. I believe some have even gotten customs, your options are certainly not limited!

I have lusted after the Apache offering, but they are currently sold out of the denomination I would want. I also need to save my pennies to get that set.

Welcome to the forum.
Not every member here is disinterested and kind anymore (the total membership has grown huge, anyway).
Those who have welcomed you up to now are top-notch members, ethically.
And, personally, I 'll be forever owing kindness to @Jackstraw :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom