New to poker chips, what to buy? (1 Viewer)

have heard that the roylas are bigger than most other chips, and yeah I would love to get sample sets but from apache as someone that is in sweden the shipping would be 3 times the actual price of the samle set

I believe the Majestics are essentially the same line as the Royals, but 39mm (normal size). I think these are probably the best option at the price point.

Might want to check our @Hobbyphilic ‘s reviews and year-end roundups on YouTube.

Samples. Base those on how much you're willing to spend.

<20c per chip: slugged injection-molded plastics
20c-25c per chip: unslugged injection-molded plastics
30c-40c per chip: china clays, cheap ceramics
50c-60c per chip: quality ceramics

got myself a set of 300 majestics :)

I believe the Majestics are essentially the same line as the Royals, but 39mm (normal size). I think these are probably the best option at the price point.

Might want to check our @Hobbyphilic ‘s reviews and year-end roundups on YouTube.

yeah I checked him out, made me pick up a small set of 300 majestics as I prefer the design of them more than the royals!

How much do you want to spend? Assuming 500 chips...

$75-$100 -- get Claysmith 14g chips. They're a little heavy, but otherwise are excellent.

$150-$200 -- get China Clays of some type. Clay-like weight, nice feel, ok stacking...good stuff. You can also find non-Paulson Clays at this price-point.

$500+ -- check this website for a basic Paulson set (probably solids).

$1500+ -- look for a high end Paulson set.

If you’re going to buy a tourney set, I’d recommend a 600 chip set, so that it can handle both T20K single table tourneys and T10K 20-person tourneys. Might as well spend a little more on the front-end and future-proof the set.

The breakdown that I, and many others, consider to be an ideal breakdown for a very flexible 600 chip tournament set? It is ideally suited to a 20-player T10,000 tourney (one of the most popular starting stack sizes), with starting stacks of 8/8/4/7. There are plenty of T5000s and T25Ks for rebuys and color-ups:

160 x T25
160 x T100
80 x T500
140 x T1000
50 x T5000
10 x T25,000

(Or 60 x T5000 and no T25K)
Replying so I can find this post.

Thanks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom