New to PCF - cards mold? (1 Viewer)

PLOdonk

Pair
Reaction score
Just joined PCF and already very impressed by the nerdiness! I've been wading through the waters of crappy chips and I was hoping to find a life preserver... which I think I may have found in Cards Mold chips. Any thoughts on these for a noob? Any tips or tricks for the ordering process or how to get samples? How long can I expect to wait to get my hands on a full set?

Thanks much.

Hello and welcome!

IMHO, card molds are good for their price. There are better quality ceramics, and better quality chips period, out there, but they will cost more. Whether you think it's worth it will depend on your own evaluation of what's available.

Try to find a friendly chipper in your area who has different types of chips to see and handle.

Hello and welcome!

IMHO, card molds are good for their price. There are better quality ceramics, and better quality chips period, out there, but they will cost more. Whether you think it's worth it will depend on your own evaluation of what's available.

Try to find a friendly chipper in your area who has different types of chips to see and handle.
Any recommendations for finding a local chipper?

Also interested in Cards Mold as a newbie.

They seem to be very elusive. They pop up on the forum here and there and seem to be good chips, but actually finding how to order customs seems to be something a person has to actively hunt down. There's a thread with all Tina's mold information thread here - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ramics-master-consolidated-info-thread.65544/ but it just seems to tell you to get a designer and that's it (apart from the group buys?)

I think I may be missing something.

Also interested in Cards Mold as a newbie.

They seem to be very elusive. They pop up on the forum here and there and seem to be good chips, but actually finding how to order customs seems to be something a person has to actively hunt down. There's a thread with all Tina's mold information thread here - https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...ramics-master-consolidated-info-thread.65544/ but it just seems to tell you to get a designer and that's it (apart from the group buys?)

I think I may be missing something.

Agreed. The whole thing is very confusing as a newbie. From what I've seen, options are either 1) group buy with the rest of PCF, although I still can't seem to find any information on the actual ordering times for these group buys, or how long shipping will take. 2) being purchase a set from the PCF classifieds, which is starting to seem like a good option.

Although, I did also just hear that apollonchips.com and brpropoker.com have slightly higher quality chips, and combining that with the ease of ordering, I may just opt for some chips from those sites.

Let me know if you find out anything else.

Agreed. The whole thing is very confusing as a newbie. From what I've seen, options are either 1) group buy with the rest of PCF, although I still can't seem to find any information on the actual ordering times for these group buys, or how long shipping will take. 2) being purchase a set from the PCF classifieds, which is starting to seem like a good option.

Although, I did also just hear that apollonchips.com and brpropoker.com have slightly higher quality chips, and combining that with the ease of ordering, I may just opt for some chips from those sites.

Let me know if you find out anything else.
Funny, those 2 sites I think I've seen in one of your threads or something. I'm scouring them now. Considering them as an option.

Would you be taking the custom route?

Since I want CPC customs eventually, I'm thinking for ease to get an existing set. Also for so they can be resold easier maybe?

Funny, those 2 sites I think I've seen in one of your threads or something. I'm scouring them now. Considering them as an option.

Would you be taking the custom route?

Since I want CPC customs eventually, I'm thinking for ease to get an existing set. Also for so they can be resold easier maybe?
Hahaha, yup. A veteran of the site actually gave me a great in depth reply and mentioned those sites. I've also asked more about the ordering process for Cards Mold, so hopefully we can both find some help there.

I don't think I'd be taking a custom route, not worth the upcharge to me and I actually like some of the stock designs.

I'm not sure about the resale, but I guess you could check in the classifieds on here to see if there is a market for them.

Hahaha, yup. A veteran of the site actually gave me a great in depth reply and mentioned those sites. I've also asked more about the ordering process for Cards Mold, so hopefully we can both find some help there.

I don't think I'd be taking a custom route, not worth the upcharge to me and I actually like some of the stock designs.

I'm not sure about the resale, but I guess you could check in the classifieds on here to see if there is a market for them.
Yeah I'm thinking the same as you. And from what I can tell, the stock designs I like the most are from the group buys whilst also being at the best prices. I think the answer may be to wait for the group buy.

From what I've seen, they've been posted for the following month on around the 22nd-ish of the month before. So maybe the December group buy is just around the corner?

Never mind, just noticed cards mold group buys are limited to US only. Never mind! My journey takes a direction to yours I suppose haha!

Never mind, just noticed cards mold group buys are limited to US only. Never mind! My journey takes a direction to yours I suppose haha!
Ahhh, too bad. Better to find out sooner rather than later.

Then again, I'm sure that you could make a friend on here who would be willing to ship them to you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom