New movie inspired set... (4 Viewers)

Very cool to have watched it so far. The first iteration really did just look like getting an idea down on paper.

Personally, I think the best was these:

View attachment 468983View attachment 468984View attachment 468985

I know you said the fan art was utilized to better get through the process, but it's hard to imagine you're not able to get the request through when it's just for your personal use. I agree with toning down the edge spots, but like the overall look/design/inlay of these.

Love the inclusion for Aliens. Surprised no Back to the Future. Goonies map for plaque - genius.

I like the new edgespots that you did with R2D2. I'm sure it can be done with all of them, but I don't know if overall having these split icon edge spots on all chips end up looking better than doing theme color specific edge spots for the chips (for me).

We're there any other movies/chip ideas that didn't make the cut? Any thoughts to doing a cash design as well (maybe 80s Television)?

Lastly and most importantly, don't forget to do some samples! If you offer them, people will want to jump on the order for a sample of your set.

I don't disagree! I just love that gremlin chip as is!!! The icon-edgespots are hard to do and other than the Star Wars one look weak.

Chris

chips36.jpg

Latest 25,000 Chip idea

Very cool to have watched it so far. The first iteration really did just look like getting an idea down on paper.

Personally, I think the best was these:

View attachment 468983View attachment 468984View attachment 468985

I know you said the fan art was utilized to better get through the process, but it's hard to imagine you're not able to get the request through when it's just for your personal use. I agree with toning down the edge spots, but like the overall look/design/inlay of these.

Love the inclusion for Aliens. Surprised no Back to the Future. Goonies map for plaque - genius.

I like the new edgespots that you did with R2D2. I'm sure it can be done with all of them, but I don't know if overall having these split icon edge spots on all chips end up looking better than doing theme color specific edge spots for the chips (for me).

We're there any other movies/chip ideas that didn't make the cut? Any thoughts to doing a cash design as well (maybe 80s Television)?

Lastly and most importantly, don't forget to do some samples! If you offer them, people will want to jump on the order for a sample of your set.

Well you inspired me!

AAA1.jpg
AAA2.jpg
AAA3.jpg
AAA4.jpg
AAA5.jpg

AAA6.jpg

Last edited:
I like the 2 chip.

FYI, the yellow outline to the text and the 'glow' effect might not translate well when printed

I like #1, reminds me of Buellers white t-shirt, leopard vest and leather jacket outfit.

I love the 80s movie themes. I personally love all the movies you have chosen. I love the way everything is progressing.

Too bad Top Gun didn't get in there. That would make for a good chip theme for someone to do. ;) My original chip them was going to have the Top Gun logo on it too, but I went with a different route after some thought about the copyrights.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-in-the-new-year-to-northern-san-diego.50645/

I love the 80s movie themes. I personally love all the movies you have chosen. I love the way everything is progressing.

Too bad Top Gun didn't get in there. That would make for a good chip theme for someone to do. ;) My original chip them was going to have the Top Gun logo on it too, but I went with a different route after some thought about the copyrights.

https://www.pokerchipforum.com/thre...-in-the-new-year-to-northern-san-diego.50645/
I think you would have been OK - honestly if you follow the fan art route and just do it for yourself would be fine. If you are looking to sell the chips then clearly a very different matter. There is no 100% protection for sure but the studios only seem to get involved these days when you will be profiting from it - otherwise it’s seen as bad press for them. Worst case you get a letter saying desist.

Getting there - for some reason 3D revolve does not like the storm trooper art - will need to work out why.

View attachment 468210

Chris

I know the idea is dead, but the correct way to do this would be to alternate head/midsection/feet on the rolling edge so when players have a stack of these they can align the edges to see the full R2.

I know the idea is dead, but the correct way to do this would be to alternate head/midsection/feet on the rolling edge so when players have a stack of these they can align the edges to see the full R2.

Thanks - for the moment i am going to get the inlay art all sorted and then we can return to the edges / spots!
I think trying to do the edges and the art was doing my head in and I was getting nowhere fast :)
I am working with an artist now to get all the images done - they should be consistent in style but will be original art just for these chips and different on both sides of the chip!

Once that's done we can revisit the edges.

Very Best
Chris

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom