New member - Nashville area (1 Viewer)

heeyuck

Reaction score
Howdy, y'all! New member here just saying hi.

Got out of poker for a while as life and responsibility interceded, but now I'm getting back into it. Would love to get a home poker setup going, but...need to know some players first. Anyone in the middle TN area looking for a relaxed, friendly guy to fill an empty seat, let me know.

I’m just down the road I’m Birmingham, but there are several chippers in the Nashville area. Welcome!

Welcome to the Forum. There seems to be several TN Chippers on here.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'm actually in Murfreesboro, and that map shows a few people in that area.

Wait, there's poker in Nashville?

I've been in the area 6 years and I never would have suspected!

Welcome to the forum @heeyuck ! Awesome first post and definitely off to a good start! In my opinion most will say get samples of everything so you can figure out what you like. But for those that join in an area with other chippers I think the best advice is to reach out and try to get a seat in their game.

> many chippers are experienced host, I'm sure we have all been to "Bob and Betty's" game down the street that is more like happy hour than a decent poker game.

> personally a quality "set up" is more important than chips will ever be! Remember 95% of your players will not give two craps about the quality of your chips! Most inexperienced folks will prefer heavy slugged cheapos over a quality clay chip... just the way it is. But a beautiful table with decent lighting, comfortable chairs and fun atmosphere they will remember and keep coming back for more! Again something that an experienced host already knows and likely has infused into their game.

> lastly the chips them selves. Again back to the "buy samples" which especially on a budget will get expensive quickly, and one you find the chips you are happy with, now all of those other samples just sit around. Sure it's cool to let you buddies check out some of the cheaper stuff, heck a couple may even say "dude these are awesome, I want to get a set!" But rarely dies it ever happen... why? Because why buy a boat when your friend down the street already has one! Lol so all of those samples that you paid a couple hundred bucks for now just sit and collect dust.

BUT! Again an experienced chipper likely has lots of sample sets laying around (they have already been through this phase) along with actual sets of chips that you can check out full barrels, shuffle chips and really get the feel for them, while the chipper likely can explain the pros and cons of each.

With all of that being said, I hope I am not overstepping my bounds here but one couple come to mind. Two of the best Hosts on the forum and extremely experienced chippers @Poker Zombie and @Mrs Poker Zombie are not terribly far from your location. No idea if they have openings or not, my guess is like in MD. When you host the "best game in town" often there is a wait list to get in. But if at all possible this is the game I would try to check out in person.

Best of luck on your chipping journey, and if I can ever be of assistance feel free to reach out anytime!

Fellow Chipper Ben

Last edited:
With all of that being said, I hope I am not overstepping my bounds here but one couple come to mind. Two of the best Hosts on the forum and extremely experienced chippers @Poker Zombie and @Mrs Poker Zombie are not terribly far from your location. No idea if they have openings or not, my guess is like in MD. When you host the "best game in town" often there is a wait list to get in. But if at all possible this is the game I would try to check out in person.

More importantly than poker. If you get invited for dinner at their house cancel all of your plans and attend. You will not regret it!

Welcome to PCF!

We don't just throw around invites to people we have not met. It's a safety issue, I hope you understand. Stick around on PCF for a bit, build up a reputation, and drop us a PM somewhere down the line (because I forget stuff... like a lot of stuff).

What kind of poker do you play? Tourney/cash, stakes, hold'em only, Omaha, or full-on mixed games?

Finally, if you are considering your own set-up, let me know. I have quite a few samples I can loan, to make the decision easier (and a little cheaper).

Welcome to PCF!

We don't just throw around invites to people we have not met. It's a safety issue, I hope you understand. Stick around on PCF for a bit, build up a reputation, and drop us a PM somewhere down the line (because I forget stuff... like a lot of stuff).

What kind of poker do you play? Tourney/cash, stakes, hold'em only, Omaha, or full-on mixed games?

Finally, if you are considering your own set-up, let me know. I have quite a few samples I can loan, to make the decision easier (and a little cheaper).

Looking forward to seeing you guys in MAR.

Welcome to PCF!

giphy.gif

Welcome to PCF!

1635857719683.gif

Welcome to PCF!

Understandable. I have the most experience with NLHE cash games. But I've played and enjoyed it all, and actually prefer anything other than NL cash at this point. Finding a good mixed game would be a blast. I also have a sweet tooth for PLO. I'm not too picky on limits. Although I'd really have to know people and the environment before I'd play too high (no four-digit buy-ins to start, lol).

I'll definitely take you up on your offer for samples at some point. I came this || close to buying a Jack set in the other thread. But I have to meet more players before it's a prudent move. No need to have a closet queen poker setup.

Thanks, again, everyone for making me feel welcome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom