New member from Detroit MI (4 Viewers)

Jackypoo

Two Pair
Reaction score
Hey everyone I've been lurking a lot of poker table build threads here for a while and I'm currently in the middle of my own build. I figured it was time to finally make an account and join the conversation.

The pieces are cut all there is left to do is wait for the foam cloth and vinyl in the mail and install that layer this week. And attach the legs. I was thinking about a T_Chan custom cloth as he seems to be highly regarded here. Right now I have an ots poker felt that does have a bet line that costs just over 100usd which im hoping will be decent qaulity.

20200919_202528.jpg

Welcome onboard, looking good so far!

Welcome. Michigan has a pretty good showing on PCF. I routinely host in Ypsilanti. We have regular hosts in Wayne and S. Lyon as well.

Welcome! Looks like a great start to an awesome table.

What kinda chippies are going on this table?
I just realized I never actually took a picture of my set but I have a set of monte Carlo chips from apache poker. Nothing special but they were a big upgrade being my first non plastic set of chips.
Screenshot_20200921-163338_Chrome.jpg

Hello and welcome. You hang around here long enough you’ll have a new set before you know it. But don’t feel bad, I have a set of the Monte Carlos as well. Then I joined this site and purchased 6 more sets.

Those are plastic.

Maybe not junk slugged plastic like dice chips, but they are plastic.

And don't be ashamed of plastic. I have two Bud Jones sets... They are plastic and I live them.
Are you sure? Does apache lie about the chips?

Screenshot_20200921-175457_Chrome.jpg

@Jackypoo, I haven't hosted in a couple years, but there are plenty of other hosts is SE Michigan where you can sample ABC, CPC, TRK, Paulson, Bud Jones and BCC. There is usually a seat in the monthly tournament (Season 12 begins Friday) and there is a cash game a couple times a month...

Where in Michigan are you? ...and do you have COVID? Go Green, Go Blue or Let's Go Red Wings?

@Jackypoo, I haven't hosted in a couple years, but there are plenty of other hosts is SE Michigan where you can sample ABC, CPC, TRK, Paulson, Bud Jones and BCC. There is usually a seat in the monthly tournament (Season 12 begins Friday) and there is a cash game a couple times a month...

Where in Michigan are you? ...and do you have COVID? Go Green, Go Blue or Let's Go Red Wings?

Oh wow that sounds awesome! If I'm invited (do you guys invite internet randos to home games often?) I'd love to play with some new people and check out your guy's fancy chips. Absolutely a huge red wings and lions fan. My girlfriend actually had season tickets the last year they played at the joe and i scored her a pair of old arena seats when they closed it up. And go blue just because that's what the girlfriend likes. But yeah if you guys have room for an inexperienced young donkey at the table I'm in. What stakes are generally played at cash games?

What stakes are generally played at cash games?
25¢/50¢ dealers choice mostly. I'm not going to invite you to someone else's house, but we've welcomed internet strangers before. I'm contemplating a game this winter and if I host, I'll invite you to my house.

Anyway, we play some gamble-y games sometimes, but we can also time it down if you're not familiar with the silly.

Where at in the Detroit area? I’m just outside of Ann Arbor.

My boy lives in Canton. I'm 20 minutes west of you. If I can get enough players I'm hosting on FRI.

We generally play .25/.50 with a 100 max buy in. Sometimes we do a 1/1 100 max buy in. This Friday I'm hosting a HOE rotation (NLHE/5 card PLO/5 Card PLO 8). I usually host dealers choice games.

They are for sure injection molded chips.

What we refer to as "clay" are compression molded. Paulsons, Blue Chip Company, ASM (now CPC), TR king, and some older companys like Burt company from the 20's-60's.

today only CPC makes compression molded chips for the home market.

I'm in Adrian, maybe 90 mins from you, and host a strictly .25/.5 nlhe $60max / half deep stack buyin game. I run it every other Thursday. We rarely end up with over 1k on the table; most guys only buy in 2-3 times. It's fun and if you are ever interested in a little drive toss me a pm.

I've got a pretty nice setup above my store in downtown. I've never played with any of the guys from this forum in the Detroit area. I rarely come into contact with anyone from Adrian familiar with much more than Holdem. I've never been a hi/lo player which seems like that's what most guys play on PCF. My game is very structured which I think my local friends enjoy. We keep things going (I have a shuffler and we run 2 decks). Not uncommon to see 15+ hands an hour. You can't even take a pee without missing a hand typically.

Anyway welcome to the forum!!

I'm in Adrian, maybe 90 mins from you, and host a strictly .25/.5 nlhe $60max / half deep stack buyin game. I run it every other Thursday. We rarely end up with over 1k on the table; most guys only buy in 2-3 times. It's fun and if you are ever interested in a little drive toss me a pm.

I've got a pretty nice setup above my store in downtown. I've never played with any of the guys from this forum in the Detroit area. I rarely come into contact with anyone from Adrian familiar with much more than Holdem. I've never been a hi/lo player which seems like that's what most guys play on PCF. My game is very structured which I think my local friends enjoy. We keep things going (I have a shuffler and we run 2 decks). Not uncommon to see 15+ hands an hour. You can't even take a pee without missing a hand typically.

My game is the opposite of this lol

My boy lives in Canton. I'm 20 minutes west of you. If I can get enough players I'm hosting on FRI.

We generally play .25/.50 with a 100 max buy in. Sometimes we do a 1/1 100 max buy in. This Friday I'm hosting a HOE rotation (NLHE/5 card PLO/5 Card PLO 8). I usually host dealers choice games.

I can't say I'm a huge fan of PLO. And is PLO a lowest hand wins game? I'm not against learning new games though. I can't necessarily commit for this Friday yet though.

Sounds like my ideal game and even Thursday night is usually open for me. But just a little far!

They are for sure injection molded chips.

What we refer to as "clay" are compression molded. Paulsons, Blue Chip Company, ASM (now CPC), TR king, and some older companys like Burt company from the 20's-60's.

today only CPC makes compression molded chips for the home market.
20200921_224027.jpg

Lol you guys were totally right

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
Back
Top Bottom