Need help with Edge spots. (1 Viewer)

Ah, just saw your updated lineup on the OP. I think I'd stick with the light blue myself, it ties into the inlay colors (or maybe light green). I would caution against using the current configurations of the $1 and $5 together, both chips are really nice but share essentially the same color shades with nothing to distinguish them. The spot patterns each have a good amount of exposed base color so you may be OK, but I'd be somewhat concerned about dirty stack issues.

View attachment 388346

View attachment 388348

I pretty much agree with everything @Irish said.

Viva set.png

I changed the colors quite a bit. But I am like this current set. Here is the inlay...
Viva! Proofred.jpg

You should mock them with the inlays. It will help you get a better idea whilst finalising the colours.
Screenshot_20200108_101309.jpg

I like where you are going, but imo there is a bit too much reuse of colour, which may lead to some dirty stacks.

I like where you are going, but imo there is a bit too much reuse of colour, which may lead to some dirty stacks.

What's the concern, the $1 and $5? I think there's enough differences (white/green) and with the simpler spot pattern there's enough base color that it'll be OK.

I like the new line up, the only color suggestion I'd make is to consider retro green for the quarter spot instead of dark green. Dark green is near black, I find retro green to be a much nicer color, but still pretty dark (same for dark blue vs retro blue).

What's the concern, the $1 and $5? I think there's enough differences (white/green) and with the simpler spot pattern there's enough base color that it'll be OK.

I like the new line up, the only color suggestion I'd make is to consider retro green for the quarter spot instead of dark green. Dark green is near black, I find retro green to be a much nicer color, but still pretty dark (same for dark blue vs retro blue).
The hundo and the $5 would be the one I'd be most worried about.

There is a lot of green in the set as is, I'd maybe drop the green out of the $5 or $20.

The rest I like a lot. I agree with you about retro green. My quarters below are retro green spots on a DG green base.
IMG_20190620_090214.jpg

Is the black chip a $100 chip or that "Tournament Bounty" turkey chip in the inlay graphic?

The hundo and the $5 would be the one I'd be most worried about.

There is a lot of green in the set as is, I'd maybe drop the green out of the $5 or $20.

The rest I like a lot. I agree with you about retro green. My quarters below are retro green spots on a DG green base.
View attachment 389253

the hundred chip is actually only a bounty chip.

I feel like I'm almost there. Just not in love with the $5 chip.

What don't you like about it?

Your quarter and dollar both stick with similar base/spot colors (greens, blues). If you wanted to continue that pattern for the $5, you could do something like this:

1578491718306.png

1578491726009.png

Could also use maroon instead of black.

One piece of advice as you near the end here, take some time between mock ups - sleep on it for a few days then come back to make sure you still like it. It's a substantial investment, take your time and enjoy the process.

Last edited:
Yes
That dealer button is awesome. Any chance you'll do a group buy for those??
Yes, I plan on purchasing 20-30. Give some away to friends and sell a few on here to anyone nearby. Not looking to make a profit. Just want to establish connections with local members. I don’t want to sell too many as it will because a pain and not worth it financially.

Honestly the top. I love that you used the mold but for me, the V spots don’t work well. It’s my biggest regret with my Devil Chips. The top has a much more authentic feel.

Honestly the top. I love that you used the mold but for me, the V spots don’t work well. It’s my biggest regret with my Devil Chips. The top has a much more authentic feel.
I think we are our own worst critics. I personally really like the way the silver toungue devil set looks.
I also really liked the mockup of the silver club.

Of the two, 3D14.

That said, the 4 to 3 transition is making my brain twitch. I really like Irish’s 4DSA316 above and how it plays very well off your inlay.
3C99A8E9-ED12-404A-B2E9-229C7F4C365A.jpeg

Updated my $5 chip to the following. I’m copying the taj mahal $5. I’ve always liked it. Based on the color samples I have I think the colors complement the entire set.

192DC358-0E26-4E1C-9EDF-C1F108C411C2.png

I love the cock inlay, although the words and the numbers for the denom seem redundant.

In for a sample of the dealer button.

Playing around with the potential dirty stack to get a visual:

Attachments

• dirty stack a.jpg
    dirty stack a.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 89
Just got word these are in production. Hope they look good in person.

sorry to bump this, but i wanted to see what your colors were so i went searching and i noticed this - was it really 2.5 months from being notified they were in production until receipt? is that typical, or was there some kind of delay?

sorry to bump this, but i wanted to see what your colors were so i went searching and i noticed this - was it really 2.5 months from being notified they were in production until receipt? is that typical, or was there some kind of delay?

that’s actually a lot faster from what I hear. I placeD my order while they were producing the small crown mold. I emailed Dave to see if they were shut down Due to covid-19. He did mention they were taking longer than usual but still manufacturing . I was ok with the speed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom