Need help choosing a set--Caesars or Garden City's? (1 Viewer)

Which set do you like better?

• Total voters
All you have to do is buy a couple of balls and sticks. How’d you let a hobby become expensive?
When I decided to not turn every mis-hit ball into an Easter scavenger hunt. I’ve found drunkenness and laziness often influence that decision making process.

Not sure how your group is split 50/50 on this...... Keep the Ceasars all the way.
I think the group liked the flexibility and availability of higher denoms. One can dream that we reach a stage where when we can play 1/2 or 2/5 comfortably :(

Keep the Caesars. If you ever decide you want the GCs again they seem to be easier to piece together than a good condition Caesars set
Ahh logic.. hate to fight it. Thanks for the insight man

Last edited:
If the Garden Cities go, keep your brother in mind, I need that single rack of BCC $1s and a rack of the amazing green fracs but only if they don't hurt the sale of the set. Best of luck with the decision brother, I say keep the Ceasars also. Ben

Appreciate everyone's responses so far. Didn't anticipate this to be a complete landslide tbh, but glad I was able to get everyone's clear perspective. Will need to reflect--decision to come soon...

I think the group liked the flexibility and availability of higher denoms. One can dream that we reach a stage where when we can play 1/2 or 2/5 comfortably :(

I think this is the perspective most folks (including myself) weren't taking into consideration. I definitely like the Caesers' much better, but there is a significantly smaller bank and will be much harder to make it larger given the live chips. If you're willing to relabel, or add plaques (as has already been suggested) to create a larger bank, then I think the Caesars set is a clear winner. If not, then I see the dilemma.

I think this is the perspective most folks (including myself) weren't taking into consideration. I definitely like the Caesers' much better, but there is a significantly smaller bank and will be much harder to make it larger given the live chips. If you're willing to relabel, or add plaques (as has already been suggested) to create a larger bank, then I think the Caesars set is a clear winner. If not, then I see the dilemma.
Completely agree with you. The GCs offer that sizing flexibility. I'm severely restricted on the Caesar $25s, not many clear options for me to expand on that set currently. Just thinking about letting either set go hurts a bit. Will have to deliberate. Thanks for the insight :tup:

Dibs on Caesars $5s!

Oh... you still deliberating?

Still?

Just want to reiterate—thank you all for your comments and feedback. After much consideration, I’ve decided to let go of the GCs. I know there’s been some interest, but won’t be able to list them until I’m back from being out of town after the new year. In the meantime, hope everyone’s enjoying the holidays and I’ll see y’all in the classifieds in 2021!

Allan

Just want to reiterate—thank you all for your comments and feedback. After much consideration, I’ve decided to let go of the GCs. I know there’s been some interest, but won’t be able to list them until I’m back from being out of town after the new year. In the meantime, hope everyone’s enjoying the holidays and I’ll see y’all in the classifieds in 2021!

Allan
Mistake. Those Caesars $2s suck :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for posting these pics. I've had a rack of $2's I carried out of the poker room from back when $2/chip was approaching insanity. Posts like this inspired me to expand that into a full Caesars set. Wondering about the $10 chips. I assume these are from the poker room? Are they something the cage will give up, or are they the forbidden fruit?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom