Name Our New Puppy/New Family Member! (1 Viewer)

David O

Royal Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Well some know that after my wife passed I moved and I am now taking care of my mom who is diabetic and 83 years old. She has stayed inside with very limited outside exposure sine this whole pandemic started.

Long story short...I have not had a dog since right before my wife took ill. I lost my best friend Bailey and I never thought I would have another pet after losing her and my wife within a year. Fast forward two and half years and I am giving in and will be adding a male Yorkie to our family.

Over the last few months my mom was stating that she wanted to have a companion and wanted a dog. At first I was not having it but I soon realized it would be great for her to have someone to keep her company since we still do not know when this whole Covid thing will be going away. Anyway I gave in!

In a little less than two weeks form today we will be adding a new member to our family. He is an adorable chocolate Yorkie. Some of you might remember the pic of my pets and know my daughter took our Yorkie to College with her and he is such a good boy!

Please help me with a name for the is cute little boy! I will most likely put some sort of sample set/prize package together for winner with the name that my mom and I choose. I will be choosing a name next Sunday!

Here is our new addition coming in less than two weeks.
62285296325__442B988D-937A-4CEA-8E51-2EA156BE2E02.jpeg

Here were my two pets from before. Bailey was my Golden that had a heart of gold and was the my best friend. Lost her not quite a year before I lost my wife and Gunner is my daughter's Yorkie.

1601832283224.png
1601832296128.png

I’m a sucker for Buddy, especially when added to the family specifically to be one!!

Buddy! Sometimes a regular name like Bruce/Frank/John works well; could even go with Doyle or a poker pros name.

Well some know that after my wife passed I moved and I am now taking care of my mom who is diabetic and 83 years old. She has stayed inside with very limited outside exposure sine this whole pandemic started.

Long story short...I have not had a dog since right before my wife took ill. I lost my best friend Bailey and I never thought I would have another pet after losing her and my wife within a year. Fast forward two and half years and I am giving in and will be adding a male Yorkie to our family.

Over the last few months my mom was stating that she wanted to have a companion and wanted a dog. At first I was not having it but I soon realized it would be great for her to have someone to keep her company since we still do not know when this whole Covid thing will be going away. Anyway I gave in!

In a little less than two weeks form today we will be adding a new member to our family. He is an adorable chocolate Yorkie. Some of you might remember the pic of my pets and know my daughter took our Yorkie to College with her and he is such a good boy!

Please help me with a name for the is cute little boy! I will most likely put some sort of sample set/prize package together for winner with the name that my mom and I choose. I will be choosing a name next Sunday!

Here is our new addition coming in less than two weeks.
View attachment 546495

Here were my two pets from before. Bailey was my Golden that had a heart of gold and was the my best friend. Lost her not quite a year before I lost my wife and Gunner is my daughter's Yorkie.

View attachment 546496 View attachment 546497
CONGRATULATIONS on the new family member my friend!! He is a cutie!!

Absolutely adorable little guy. My suggestions:

Bruno. Since this little guy could pass for the cutest miniature bear. Several famous brown bears with the name, like below.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vi...lem-bear-that-overshadowed-the-2006-world-cup

Brunn/Brune - From Brunneous, meaning of having a brown coloring

Capp - from his coloring, cappuccino (I kept trying to find a name in cafe au lait or cafe con leche)

Also Lore, which could be a cool name in it’s own right. But yeah because of that coloring in the brows and stache.

3234463A-8253-4804-A81D-54FA3F5B0080.jpeg

As a nod to that, maybe some spelling variation of Seuss/Soose/etc.

Has the double meaning of being short for Sucio (for others here that don’t know, Spanish for dirty. Often used as positive slang in Hispanic dominated areas, like describing a pitcher’s spin/direction on a pitch).

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Ralph is the first name that came to mind.

Rio (or Ryo) ? It's short, easy to remember and nice reference to Poker.

I called mine Arya (reference to the Aria) :

She's half Yorkshire - half Jack.

And congrats for the new family member !

Spot

Congrats David

My father being an electrician, our first dog was called Spot !

And the second one Watt. :)

Last edited:
May I suggest Bourbey? Goes well after Bailey (may her soul rest in peace) and is somehow fitting for a Yorkie.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom