My White Whale!! (2 Viewers)

RudysNYC

Flush
Reaction score
Since I joined PCF, my signature has been "will do unspeakable things for an original Mayfair Club chip."

Well, I finally got the opportunity to do unspeakable things buy one. Idk if this qualifies as pr0n like I've seen, but my Lord did it make me feel funny inside. I am content.

IMG_2904.jpg

To clarify, this specifically was my white whale because I own the original location of the Mayfair Club and that's where poker night is when I host. I couldn't give less of a hoot about plastic vs clay vs whatever in this instance.

I'm bringing this baby home! (Even though this is clearly from well after they moved from the location I have lol, roll with it!)

To clarify, this specifically was my white whale because I own the original location of the Mayfair Club and that's where poker night is when I host. I couldn't give less of a hoot about plastic vs clay vs whatever in this instance.

I'm bringing this baby home! (Even though this is clearly from well after they moved from the location I have lol, roll with it!)
That is cool as shit!! CONGRATS on tracking it down!! :tup:

I think this is way cooler than any chip.
All the props go to my dad for taking a great opportunity. He used to live above it and play bridge there when Alvin Roth moved the club a few neighborhoods south. My dad doesn't play poker, but as they say, it was a snap call for him to buy it lol. Been the family office/practice ever since.
CONGRATS on tracking it down!!
Thank you! Took a few rounds around the ChipBoard, but finally was able to get my hands on it

Now my interest is piqued. When this COVID sh!t is all over, you're hosting the next NYC PCF game. Happy to bring a guest set: PNYs, PdCs, Riversides, Kings Castles, or AS cash.
I shit you not you were on the list of NYC PCFers I was going to send a PM to in a couple months when this junk dies down. That's been a plan all along, to have an NYC get together at some point at the Old Mayfair, so glad at least one other person is down haha. The fact you'd be willing to bring PNYs, my favorites and the set that got me to this site, just sweetens the deal!

I shit you not you were on the list of NYC PCFers I was going to send a PM to in a couple months when this junk dies down. That's been a plan all along, to have an NYC get together at some point at the Old Mayfair, so glad at least one other person is down haha. The fact you'd be willing to bring PNYs, my favorites and the set that got me to this site, just sweetens the deal!

Count me in as well!

Awesome. Would love it! :tup:

IMG_0835.JPG

I'll bet a couple of out of towners wouldn't be opposed to a roadtrip if you have extra seats. :whistle: :whistling:

Paging @Lil Tuna

I'll bet a couple of out of towners wouldn't be opposed to a roadtrip if you have extra seats. :whistle: :whistling:

Paging @Lil Tuna
Would take some serious planning to have a big soirees but when the virulent dust settles I'll see what's possible and what isn't. Can most probably do two tables, but because it's an office and given the nature of what we do (legal stuff), basically one room would have to be out of commission so I could lock active cases and whatnot in there. Insurance is a ****, even when I have my best friends since high school over I have to do that so it's nothing personal. We shall see :tup:

Would take some serious planning to have a big soirees but when the virulent dust settles I'll see what's possible and what isn't. Can most probably do two tables, but because it's an office and given the nature of what we do (legal stuff), basically one room would have to be out of commission so I could lock active cases and whatnot in there. Insurance is a ****, even when I have my best friends since high school over I have to do that so it's nothing personal. We shall see :tup:
I was a top secret custodian if that helps...LOL!! :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Completely understand and don't go crazy if it is too much of a pain in the a$$. :tup: Just seems cool as crap to lose money at the Mayfield Club :)

Can I come too??? I have Pyramids, Money Trees, Regencies, and a new custom set that I can offer to bring along as well :)

This is so cool, I have to see it!

Apart from...

"I own a cruise liner and need help getting Paulson poker chips for it."

Or

"I own the keys to the Binion's vault."

... I'd say that...
I own the original location of the Mayfair Club and that's where poker night is when I host.
... is probably one of the better pickup lines you could bring to this forum!

That's one helluva story though; imagine all of the game's greats that have played in your office over the years?!

With all 9f the above in mind, surprised you didn't go for a Mayfair Club tribute set for your ceramic cards mold group buy?

Congrats on your white whale chip, by the way — it is a beaut!

Last edited:
imagine all of the game's greats that have played poker in your office over the years?!
Judging by the sources I've compiled over the years, the poker players that I'm 100% sure played in my office without a shadow of a doubt were Stuey Ungar, Jay Heimowitz, Mickey Appleman, and Erik Seidel, judging from sources I've compiled/research I've done/when my dad got a hold of it. I figure any pro poker player who came through NYC until ~1981 played in my office, though. Just can't say for certain since I don't have anything definitive on them being at the Mayfair at any particular time/year. I do assume a lot of legends have though...
Surprised you didn't go for a Mayfair Club tribute set for your ceramic cards mold group buy?
If we're being honest, I'm going to wait until I have the right opportunity to get clays for that. I'm 100% getting a Mayfair commemorative set at some point, I just am waiting for the perfect opportunity. I already have some ideas, time will tell if I can do what I'm thinking...
Which one are you, dude?
The Jewish one :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Judging by the sources I've compiled over the years, the poker players that I'm 100% sure played in my office without a shadow of a doubt were Stuey Ungar, Jay Heimowitz, Mickey Appleman, and Erik Seidel, judging from sources I've compiled/research I've done/when my dad got a hold of it. I figure any pro poker player who came through NYC until ~1981 played in my office, though. Just can't say for certain since I don't have anything definitive on them being at the Mayfair at any particular time/year. I do assume a lot of legends have though...

If we're being honest, I'm going to wait until I have the right opportunity to get clays for that. I'm 100% getting a Mayfair commemorative set at some point, I just am waiting for the perfect opportunity. I already have some ideas, time will tell if I can do what I'm thinking...

The Jewish one :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:
A commemorative set on the CPC plain mold would look fantastic!

A commemorative set on the CPC plain mold would look fantastic!
Almost exactly what I had in mind, great minds think alike! Especially knowing that the OG chips were, in fact, plain molds even though they were plastics. I love the look, so the CPC plain mold was in my vision for sure.

That being said, if WPT or Poker Go want to film something there and pay me in Paulsons, wouldn't be opposed to that either... :whistle: :whistling:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom