My Sticker Mule labeling experience (5 Viewers)

You don’t need to lay things out. Just provide sticker mule the artwork, tell them how many you want, and they send you a proof with all the labels laid out with the cut lines.

How do you guys layout the sheet orders for 7/8th

I see all your sheets, and I get how to order them, I even understand how to make the cutout lines, but I’m too novice to deal with measuring and that uniform layout placement.

Anyone want to help me finalize a layout sometime soon?

Maybe someone has a template or an existing file with a sheet size file so I can see how you did it in illustrator?

I need 1000 chips at least, so I’m going to do a pretty big order right out the gate.
I don't lay them out. I contact sticker mule directly and work with a salesperson who then decides the size of sheet which would be the most economical and lays them out for me.

Has anyone ordered labels from Sticker Mule for bank chips from @Apache? I measured the inlay as just slightly under 1" in diameter.

So would ordering the stickers at 31/32" work? Does anyone know if SM can meet those types of tolerances?

20230114_151447.jpg

Just wanted to share my experience with Sticker Mule. I recently bought a set of 12 stripes and wanted to get labels custom printed for them. I went thru all the usual sites for custom poker chip labels etc, including gear ( he was just too overbooked btw). When I stumbled upon a custom sticker maker called Sticker Mule. They are not in the poker chip labeling business, but custom stickers for just about anything. Amazing reviews so I decided to email them. Within hours I received an email back. The customer service from these folks was absolutely amazing. From beginning to end actually. They had me sold from the first email. Just from the prompt service and kindness. She informed me yes they are vinyl labels that are then laminated. They cut the sticker to whatever you send them. It could be a sticker of Superman and they would cut around the pic. In other words I was convinced they would be centered labels in a circle verses printed on a circle which always leave room for error. I went ahead and ordered enough labels for the set I was trying to complete. The issue was they only let you order in quantities of 10. I only needed 25 sheets. But had to order 30.

When they arrived less than a week later, I was amazed of the quality. Freaking awesome. I can't say enough about them. Beautiful.
A few weeks went by and I wanted another batch for another set. This time on their website I noticed a different size that I didn't notice last time. Last time I ordered 8.5" x 11" and was limited a little. Anyways to make a too long story shorter... If you order their custom sticker sheet and click the custom size button, you can pick any size paper to print on. I emailed them and asked how large the paper would be for 100 1" circles... 12" x 12" is what they said. Ok so for 10 sheets of that would cost $97. With free shipping and will receive in less than 10 days... Vinyl, laminated... 1000 labels... For 500 chips... $97? That's less than 10¢ a label... I saved like $40 doing thier custom size sheets... The key is to get all the different labels on one sheet and only order 10 sheets.
Anyways... Just want to share my experience, and I can't say how happy I am with the entire experience with them. I love my labels. And I will really love my second set at an even cheaper price!!!
Top quality company. Check them out!
They have an amazing hot sauce called mule sauce no joke very very good

Anyone have a side by side comparison of their “labels” vs. stickers ? Just now learning the “labels” are thinner and the stickers are thicker.

Even heard of some success with over labels with the thin ones.

I do have an order out for stickers now and I also have some label-overs I want to do, would love to try them for that.

Could someone who has used Sticker Mule for blank Apache Royals tell me if I should order their "labels" or "stickers"? Would both work?

Could someone who has used Sticker Mule for blank Apache Royals tell me if I should order their "labels" or "stickers"? Would both work?
They have a breakdown of the difference between the two. Stickers are almost twice as thick as labels. Labels come in sheets.

(Actually, they do have sticker sheets, but according to a FAQ, each sticker on a sticker sheet has to be 0.25" apart from each other and a minimum size of 1". Not sure if labels have the same requirements, but it seems like people have been able to fit more labels on a sheet.)

I think most people have ordered labels over stickers. They are both laminated.

Yeah I did see that breakdown of the differences, but I was a bit confused since I saw several people have commented earlier in this thread that they went with stickers over labels because stickers are vinyl vs the labels BOPP material.

I'm mainly concerned about having spinners, so was hoping someone who used them on Royals might be able to comment on the difference for that particular chip. I may just end up getting a couple sample sheets from Sticker Mule to see how they both are.

Yeah I did see that breakdown of the differences, but I was a bit confused since I saw several people have commented earlier in this thread that they went with stickers over labels because stickers are vinyl vs the labels BOPP material.

I'm mainly concerned about having spinners, so was hoping someone who used them on Royals might be able to comment on the difference for that particular chip. I may just end up getting a couple sample sheets from Sticker Mule to see how they both are.
If spinners is your main concern, I'd go with thinner labels.

I just finished a custom sticker set for Royals using the Mule (https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/wolfpack-poker-new-wynn-inspired.100742/). Happy to answer any questions about the experience, but the main things I learned:

- There is a big lack of consistency in their proofing process. Sometimes you can get lucky and they don't mess with your design, other (most) times they resize it, blur it, complain about the cut line spacing, say the font is too small, etc.

- I tried a few different times to create sticker sheets following their guidelines because it's slightly cheaper, but they never made it through the proofing process for various reasons, so ended up just using the multi-order tool for "Circle Stickers"

- As others have said they are thinner than the stock Royal/Majestic sticker, so on some chips where the mold is visible on one side you can see that through the sticker.

- I did 27.5mm for Royals, which is bigger than what some old threads here said, but they fit better (and could have even been slightly larger but I didn't want to push it).

I just finished a custom sticker set for Royals using the Mule (https://www.pokerchipforum.com/threads/wolfpack-poker-new-wynn-inspired.100742/). Happy to answer any questions about the experience, but the main things I learned:

- There is a big lack of consistency in their proofing process. Sometimes you can get lucky and they don't mess with your design, other (most) times they resize it, blur it, complain about the cut line spacing, say the font is too small, etc.

- I tried a few different times to create sticker sheets following their guidelines because it's slightly cheaper, but they never made it through the proofing process for various reasons, so ended up just using the multi-order tool for "Circle Stickers"

- As others have said they are thinner than the stock Royal/Majestic sticker, so on some chips where the mold is visible on one side you can see that through the sticker.

- I did 27.5mm for Royals, which is bigger than what some old threads here said, but they fit better (and could have even been slightly larger but I didn't want to push it).

This is great info and exactly what I needed! Thanks!

This is great info and exactly what I needed! Thanks!
Oh and one more thing - if you have a 27.5mm cut line in your file make sure to specify "full bleed and cut line" in the description and double check they paid attention. There were a couple proofs where they had my cutline as part of the artwork. :cautious:

Fwiw, I’ve had 4 separate orders/designs through them and never had any issues. Every time I’ve just sent them an email basically saying “I need 1000x 27mm circular stickers to use as poker chip labels on your sticker sheets. Can you arrange them so that the maximum number fits on the sheet?” and they’ve nailed it perfectly every time. I send the the flattened .svg file without bleed or anything (because I have no idea how) and it’s always come out fine. Maybe I’m just lucky?

Fwiw, I’ve had 4 separate orders/designs through them and never had any issues. Every time I’ve just sent them an email basically saying “I need 1000x 27mm circular stickers to use as poker chip labels on your sticker sheets. Can you arrange them so that the maximum number fits on the sheet?” and they’ve nailed it perfectly every time. I send the the flattened .svg file without bleed or anything (because I have no idea how) and it’s always come out fine. Maybe I’m just lucky?

Yeah the first thing I did was send an email asking the same thing, and they just replied with links to the order pages. :sneaky:

I do like using an .svg though, as it probably gives them less ability to go in and make changes. I was sending the .ai files directly.

I’ll also say the best success I had with sticker sheets was just sending a single file and letting them do the layout, but then you lose the ability to control how many of each denom are on the sheet.

Yeah the first thing I did was send an email asking the same thing, and they just replied with links to the order pages. :sneaky:

I do like using an .svg though, as it probably gives them less ability to go in and make changes. I was sending the .ai files directly.

I’ll also say the best success I had with sticker sheets was just sending a single file and letting them do the layout, but then you lose the ability to control how many of each denom are on the sheet.
That blows. Prolly just depends on the rep you get. I told them how many I needed of each denomination total and they set up the pages with the correct number. Sorry you had a rougher time, that’s a bummer.

I’m leaning into this energy. I’ll be sending then a file hopefully within the next 30 days.

Has anyone sent them .psd or worse... .png and gotten decent results?
I've sent png files for several (all?) orders and have had 0 issues. I'd guess they wouldn't have issues with .psd files but have never tried.

I’m telling you, these Sticker Mule people are really something. Email replies in the wee hours of the night, prompt and personal service.

Sent my files last night and got a reply overnight. Checking out thru the shopping cart and will have my proofs before lunch. I’m opting for the 3 day production and 2 day shipping for an additional $9 (duh).

The CC 8v Greek Keys should be labeled for game 50 since I rebooted the home game in October a week from this Friday.

Wow. Go Sticker Mule.

I’ll keep everyone posted.

One last shout to Sticker Mule. In a roundabout way.

So we’ve talked about how they answer email promptly and in the middle of the night no less. Transparent and good communication. Fast turnaround (got my product in five days). They used my files with no alterations (Godfather Club art by @TheOffalo) and even confirmed that the file was intact and would work beautifully.

Now for the snafu and service recovery.

So I’m labeling chips and I’m like “I should have 7 sheets of stickers left. That doesn’t look like 7 sheets.” It wasn’t. Somehow they shorted me 2 sheets. I’m like “WTF?”

So I contact them. They apologize and said they’ll get me the missing product. They’re delivery date was *after* Game 50…

I explained that I was on a deadline for an event and that, while unfortunate, it was on them to make it right.

36 hours later I received my 2 missing sheets. Also included was a second entire run of just over 1400 stickers.

They’re good folks and I would highly recommend.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom