My poker host stand, a cabinet named Erik (1 Viewer)

JustinInMN

4 of a Kind
Reaction score
Hello,

So as I alluded in my Members Mark case thread, I decided I needed something better for storing my growing chip collection. Thankfully IKEA sells a cabinet that's actually pretty well sized, called the ERIK. Now there are few cabinets under this name, but the one to use is the 3 drawer version.

IMG_20180711_183457332.jpg

Now only two of the drawers are locking, the drawer with the lock and the one above it. So what's strange is although the website picture shows the lock in the bottom drawer, the instructions have this helpful picture to show why you should assemble this with the lock in the middle drawer.

1531585368167.png

So that struck me as funny. But the key thing about this cabinet is each drawer fits 14 racks. (Would fit 16 perfectly if not for the handle cutouts.)

I have all 12 racks of my chipcos in the middle drawer and two racks from my Free River Club ABS chps.

IMG_20180711_183523137.jpg

So in the top drawer, I decided I wanted to have a secure way to store the cash, and I've always found it difficult to reconcile the bank from my personal money just by keeping them in separate pockets. So I decided I could also use this to hold the cash separate from my person, but still secure using a plastic till from Amazon. Since I picked a smaller till, it fits in the top drawer with 6 more racks.

IMG_20180711_183510558.jpg

(Note the item I linked really took about 3 weeks to ship, if you are less patient than that, spend a few extra bucks and get a prime item.)

So in the top two drawers I can lock 2200 chips and a cash till. In the bottom unlocked drawer in theory you could store another 1400 chips, but I decided to just use this drawer for empty racks and "tournament tubes," and my extra Free River Club Inlays.

IMG_20180711_183535711.jpg

I figure I can wheel it close to my seat where I would otherwise have a TV tray and have easy access to chips and cash while being easy to secure. Since it's on casters, it'll roll back to the corner easily when the game is done.

One warning, when these drawers are fully loaded, you can't open more than one at a time or it will tip forward since it's on casters. But otherwise the drawers seem more than sturdy enough to take the weight of 14 racks of chipcos.

But there you have it, and easy, secure hosting stand for up to 4200 chips, or 3400 chips and a till.

...anyone who understands that paraphrased reference

Half-a-bee, philosophically
Must ipso-facto half not-be.
But half the bee, has got to bee
Vis-a-vis its entity ... d'you see?
But can a bee be said to be
Or not to be an entire bee
When half the bee is not a bee
Due to some ancient injury?

I think she's pretty much preggo ;)
She joined a friend, and her friend had to carry it into the car, and I'll have to do the carrying at home.
But maby she'd like to join me putting it together :D

I think she's pretty much preggo ;)
She joined a friend, and her friend had to carry it into the car, and I'll have to do the carrying at home.
But maby she'd like to join me putting it together :D

I had it together in like 20 minutes and I screwed a couple things up. It's not too hard.

I take this she bought it for a less fun reason that poker chips?

For those of you that own one of the Erik things - will these fit in it? If so how many would fit flat in one drawer?
Screenshot_20181119-205637_Chrome.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom