My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (31 Viewers)

Just a 70% favorite and lose both boards lol

Screenshot_20200713-103119_Chrome.jpg

Lol, first hand at 1/2/5 PLO we are 4 handed and get it all-in on flop for $600

Me: :ad::kd::9h::7s:
Villain: :js::tc::9d::6d:

FLOP: :kc::td::8d:

First board: :7c::6s:
Second board: :7d::3c:

I get scooped lol
Curious, why is AdKd9h7s a hand you get stacks in preflop?

Edit - sorry, missed that it was on the flop.

Oh, forgot to mention today was the 1st time I've ever bought another man a massage

He had 22xx and flopped 229 in PLO which SHOULD qualify for high hand (which was $500 today)

However, the river was an Ace and the floor ruled the language in their rules states "best hand" so since his hand changed on the river he no longer qualified!

In the past they'd put 22229 on the board. I created a stink about in multiple online poker groups, they saw it and ran it up the ladder to the poker director who will get it clarified so the turn and river can't fuck our high hands, but will be next month when it changes

Felt bad for the guy, I got a 20 minute massage from my favorite girl and then paid for him to get a 20 minute one as well
I don't get why the high hand wasn't just 2222A. So you have to flop it to qualify under current rules?

I don't get why the high hand wasn't just 2222A. So you have to flop it to qualify under current rules?

Yes, in PLO we can't make our high hand on the turn or river, we HAVE to flop it.

So that means the turn or river shouldn't change our qualifying flopped high hand

We still count river for showdown, but 22229 should go on high hand board

Called a $10 straddle, repotted to $215 after someone raised and I have :ac::kc::kh::qh:

Get called in THREE spots and flop comes :2h::6c::7d:

We check to original raiser who shoves his last $185

One fold, I call, LP calls

Turn :7c:

We both check

River :4c:

I check, he checks behind, I'm good

20200713_124950.jpg

I check, he checks behind, I'm good
Hey Anthony, I've enjoyed reading your posts here - have a quick question on the hand above. I've only really dabbled with PLO just a few small cash games online.
With this hand you both check it down to the river and you win the with A flush. Did you check this down as another player was already all in and it's etiquette? Or does the paired board put the potential of a full house, hence the check?

Appreciate it :)

Hey Anthony, I've enjoyed reading your posts here - have a quick question on the hand above. I've only really dabbled with PLO just a few small cash games online.
With this hand you both check it down to the river and you win the with A flush. Did you check this down as another player was already all in and it's etiquette? Or does the paired board put the potential of a full house, hence the check?

Appreciate it :)

I check because of the full house. If I lead and get repopped I'm not going to like it

Plus, the player I checked to is capable of bluffing in this spot, so I keep his bluffs in and make more money with check-call, and I limit my loss when I'm behind

As it happened, he made a non-nut straight on a paired and flushing board, but didn't fire any extra shells when I gave him the rope

I check because of the full house. If I lead and get repopped I'm not going to like it

Plus, the player I checked to is capable of bluffing in this spot, so I keep his bluffs in and make more money with check-call, and I limit my loss when I'm behind

As it happened, he made a non-nut straight on a paired and flushing board, but didn't fire any extra shells when I gave him the rope
Makes sense, thanks for the details :) I'm hoping to play more PLO in the future so will be keeping an eye here for tips :)

Looks like Fireman Scott is trying to sell himself again by making you think he's playing a $40,000 real money pot, but pretty sure these are tournament chips. Notice in the video he says $40K pot, putting the dollar sign to make you think he's so amazing hitting a river gutshot AND trying to make it look like REAL money.

But after checking the pictures from this particular club, their cash chips have white inlays and the tournament chips have dark inlays, and the video all the chips have dark inlays...

scott_1_lie.jpg
scott_2_lie.jpg

Looks like Fireman Scott is trying to sell himself again by making you think he's playing a $40,000 real money pot, but pretty sure these are tournament chips. Notice in the video he says $40K pot, putting the dollar sign to make you think he's so amazing hitting a river gutshot AND trying to make it look like REAL money.

But after checking the pictures from this particular club, their cash chips have white inlays and the tournament chips have dark inlays, and the video all the chips have dark inlays...

View attachment 491209View attachment 491210
If you watch the TCH live streams from Austin, the chips have dark inlays. They use Calysmith chips with changed inlays. These look like the cash chips except that the black chip doesn't look quite right in the video. I could go either way here.

If you watch the TCH live streams from Austin, the chips have dark inlays. They use Calysmith chips with changed inlays. These look like the cash chips except that the black chip doesn't look quite right in the video. I could go either way here.

Given the hands he plays, I doubt he is anywhere near rolled to be playing 40k real money pots.

He won a 100k bbj awhile back which is where he got the money to chase all his gutshots, but long-term with his playstyle and hand-selection he's destined to go busto.

Well, I may be wrong. He says the room rented chips from TCH for this private game and here are the cash chips from TCH which match up. I was looking for the room that matched the table in the video, which is what threw me off because the chips and table are from two different locations

FB_IMG_1594750285568.jpg

Well, I may be wrong. He says the room rented chips from TCH for this private game and here are the cash chips from TCH which match up. I was looking for the room that matched the table in the video, which is what threw me off because the chips and table are from two different locations

View attachment 491339
Rented chips and table from TCH? ROFL! They are playing like 25/50 PLO and have to rent the stuff!

:ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO::ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

Just placed my Amazon order. Getting some props, costume stuff, a backdrop and stand, 4K webcam, etc.

My plan is to use some of my free time to produce videos of me playing first-person shooters, but in "character" and trying to make it entertaining more than about my skill level.

To start I'll focus on building a Youtube channel. This will permit me to polish my footage, make sure the humor gets delivered correctly and just deliver focused entertainment.

Over time if it does well enough I'll look to branch into a dedicated Twitch channel with live-streaming and a consistent schedule. Given all the "noise" on Twitch and the level of competition for viewers, I think it'll be easier to get noticed producing to Youtube first, and branching out into live streaming after.

I may even consider adding in some online poker to the mix, but haven't decided if that will be in character or just me.

Will play around with both OBS and Streamlabs and figure out which one I want to use for all of this, but pretty excited to add this into the mix as well.

Just placed my Amazon order. Getting some props, costume stuff, a backdrop and stand, 4K webcam, etc.

My plan is to use some of my free time to produce videos of me playing first-person shooters, but in "character" and trying to make it entertaining more than about my skill level.

To start I'll focus on building a Youtube channel. This will permit me to polish my footage, make sure the humor gets delivered correctly and just deliver focused entertainment.

Over time if it does well enough I'll look to branch into a dedicated Twitch channel with live-streaming and a consistent schedule. Given all the "noise" on Twitch and the level of competition for viewers, I think it'll be easier to get noticed producing to Youtube first, and branching out into live streaming after.

I may even consider adding in some online poker to the mix, but haven't decided if that will be in character or just me.

Will play around with both OBS and Streamlabs and figure out which one I want to use for all of this, but pretty excited to add this into the mix as well.
GL sir. I'll subscribe and give you a hard time in chat.

i'd just stream on both plattforms if your bandwith is high enough. As you need to get certain levels of activity before getting revenue out of it.

My internet upload speed is plenty fast. But I am on an older I5 7600k quad core, 16gb RAM, 512gb western digital black M.2 SSD and an 8gb EVGA GTX 1080

I was planning at the end of this year to build a new system with at least 12 cores. There are supposed to be new cpu's and gpu's at the end of the year, so doesn't make sense to buy anything now.

As far as jumping into streaming, I want to do pre-recorded videos first, where I can control the footage, make it polished, plus build an audience, before I jump into live-streaming down the road.

My internet upload speed is plenty fast. But I am on an older I5 7600k quad core, 16gb RAM, 512gb western digital black M.2 SSD and an 8gb EVGA GTX 1080

I was planning at the end of this year to build a new system with at least 12 cores. There are supposed to be new cpu's and gpu's at the end of the year, so doesn't make sense to buy anything now.

As far as jumping into streaming, I want to do pre-recorded videos first, where I can control the footage, make it polished, plus build an audience, before I jump into live-streaming down the road.

Your computer sounds still good enough, esp. without direct live streaming. :wow:

What games are you on atm?

Your computer sounds still good enough, esp. without direct live streaming. :wow:

What games are you on atm?

I'm actually not playing any FPS right now. I used to play Battlefield 3 and 4, but after years Punkbuster false flagged me for a hack (believe it's related to software I use to control lights inside my PC) and I was perma-banned by Punkbuster so couldn't play on any ranked servers

I tried their appeal process. They couldn't tell me what hack I was accused of, only that my account was flagged and my only option was to buy the games under a new account and start all over again unlocking everything and ranking up.

At the time my k/d ratio was decent, but nothing special. But my w/l ratio was in the top 1% in the world. Typically played 64-player Conquest matches on hardcore mode (i.e. you can't get shot 100 fucking times and still live, also, fuck bunny hoppers!)

So the object was to control points on the map and whittle your opponents tickets to 0. I was VERY good at the strategic element of it, knowing the maps, which flags were crucial to hold and the flow of battle, where to strike or counter an enemy push, what is likely to be undefended, etc.

I prefered the engineer class and maps with vehicles, tanks and choppers. I think my biggest killstreak was in the 40's or something, probably as a gunner in a chopper, but got to look up my old stats

Right now I'm playing Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord and fired up XCOM 2: War of the Chosen (finished the base game but not War of the Chosen before)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom