My Journey As A Professional Poker Player (44 Viewers)

USA USA USA!

20210703_131835.jpg
20210703_131852.jpg

Dealt :ah::ac::qc::4h: in the SB. Table LAG raises to 20, the TAG pro that got me awhile back with his 8753 garbage raises button, I repot to $255 with about $650 behind

TAG on button calls, creating close to a 1:1 SPR

flop :8h::5h::3c:

I bet pot, he shoves and goes once

Turn :5c:
River :9h:

He announces flush, I flip over the nuts and get the full double!

20210703_134956.jpg

20210703_135339.jpg

That board was very favorable for my hand, including it pairing, given what his range should be
True, but based on your description of the villain that'll play basically any 4 cards, I wouldn't be so sure

See a flop holding :kh::8s::7s::6h:

Flop is :tc::5s::4s:

Checked to button who bets 50, I call, shorty check-shoves for $125, button calls with about 125 behind, I rip it. They only go once

Shorty has a set of 10's, no blockers. Button has a set of 5's, no blockers

I whiff my draws

How many hours do you think you average a week? Do you enjoy playing as much as you used to before you became pro?

25-35 hours. I still enjoy it, not as much as when it wasn't my job though
Do you work odd hours? Are night games easier than day ones? I always thought it might be difficult on a relationship if one works during the day and the other at night.

Do you work odd hours? Are night games easier than day ones? I always thought it might be difficult on a relationship if one works during the day and the other at night.

My wife doesn't work, and usually I play afternoon i to evening

So Jenn and I have lunch together, I go in, and I'm home in time for bed

How long do you see yourself continuing as a poker pro?

Thanks for being so open about all this. I really respect poker pros, the swings when it’s your main source of income takes incredible mental fortitude.

How long do you see yourself continuing as a poker pro?

Thanks for being so open about all this. I really respect poker pros, the swings when it’s your main source of income takes incredible mental fortitude.

I mean, once I win The Reunion and then the WSOP Main this year I'll probably retire lol

Some short stacked guy got up from the table in the middle of a hand, dealer mucked him and he threw a stink

Floor ruled his hand dead, guy started getting verbally abusive towards dealer after this, myself and a couple of other guys shut that down real quick

He wound up taking his remaining $115 and left lol

Multiway to a Q77 flop and it's checked around

I have KJJ8 one suit. Turn J, we all check. River J, I bet 25, guy with QQxx just calls? Wish I had bet the turn behind lol

Some short stacked guy got up from the table in the middle of a hand, dealer mucked him and he threw a stink

Floor ruled his hand dead, guy started getting verbally abusive towards dealer after this, myself and a couple of other guys shut that down real quick

He wound up taking his remaining $115 and left lol
Good on you.

While it's the right thing to do, it's also extremely intimidating to be the first person to speak up when someone gets nasty with the dealer. In your spot it can also be -EV, since these players are usually the ones who are shoveling chips your way.

Multiway to a Q77 flop and it's checked around

I have KJJ8 one suit. Turn J, we all check. River J, I bet 25, guy with QQxx just calls? Wish I had bet the turn behind lol
I don't get the turn check at all. I understand (but don't agree with) the logic behind the flat on the river. If he raises and gets 3-bet, that's very often 77xx or JJxx.

Many bad players can't raise-fold, so they just flat.

Good on you.

While it's the right thing to do, it's also extremely intimidating to be the first person to speak up when someone gets nasty with the dealer. In your spot it can also be -EV, since these players are usually the ones who are shoveling chips your way.

I don't get the turn check at all. I understand (but don't agree with) the logic behind the flat on the river. If he raises and gets 3-bet, that's very often 77xx or JJxx.

Many bad players can't raise-fold, so they just flat.

I can't stand those who abuse frontline workers

As far as my turn check, I figured I had the hand locked with jacks full, wanted someone to make 8's full on the river and pay me off

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom