My Hot Stamping Journey (1 Viewer)

First actual set in progress!!
1573362647802.png

Having fun!!
I'm not sure why some of the stamps dont come out right as you can see in the pics? I wonder if they are dirty spots?
Most are good.
I believe its due to chip irregularities. When I was stamping tons of BCCs there would be certain color chips that wouldn't stamp as nice as the rest. Nice to see the progress your making!

Having fun!!
I'm not sure why some of the stamps dont come out right as you can see in the pics? I wonder if they are dirty spots?
Most are good.

Age of the chips has (big) influence....maybe also pressure ?

Age of the chips has (big) influence....maybe also pressure ?
I did try and dial down the pressure as much as possible to avoid the flashing. It will stamp a bunch of good ones then a bad one and back to good stamps? I'll keep working on it. But am pleased with the over all project so far.

The Blue chips seem to be harder to get a good stamp and a couple have come out warped but not on the orange?

Age is less of an influence than some think.

It’s more about the condition of the chip - oiled or used is bad.

Colours are inconsistent (ASM black is a beast) and there are significant surface variations by mold.

T-Mold is tough - one side is almost always concave.

Most ASM/CPC just need to be stamped harder and then scraped. It’s a shitty part of the process but leads to the nicest stamps. Some other stampers disagree with me on this point but if you can see the hatching in the stamp, it ain’t deep enough.

If you try to dial in the exact pressure to “kiss” the chip, it’ll end up with lots of light stamps.

You're getting good at this! Thanks for the pics, it's fun to follow along this project. The hotstamps are looking a lot cleaner now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom