My Hot Stamping Journey (20 Viewers)

These are starting to look great!!!! Keep up the good work!!!! Definitely would be interested in getting some hotstamps done for @Ben8257 down the road if you offer your services to the public ;)

9ED87717-73A8-4F3E-941D-A76EE54F671D.jpeg
5D4C036A-4AB1-4DE8-BFBA-B2D4A64ACF32.jpeg

Great work

You should remove the flash (scraping) after stamping to finish them off.
If you are using a Kingsley, I can hook you up with Meatboy/Fabian if you need info on temps, pressure & such.

Great work

You should remove the flash (scraping) after stamping to finish them off.
If you are using a Kingsley, I can hook you up with Meatboy/Fabian if you need info on temps, pressure & such.
Thanks! I'll take all the help I can get.

Collin has supplied a bunch of info I haven't put to use yet. I haven't set the machine up to operate properly. Right now I'm just using the temp I was given and then using the manual arm to press the chip. Once I hook up the compressor I will be able to control the pressure and press time to get it dialed in for a consistent stamp.

Kingsley AM 101 is the machine I have.

Thanks again I'll hit you up when I get ready to do production stamping.

I am hoping you are going to offer a hot stamping service . . . . :D There might be some interest around here.

I have my eye on a pile of blanks that need some bling before going into play. The players around here can't imagine chips without denominations.

Hopefully yours -=- DrStrange
I will help as many projects that I can. The main obstacle will be time. The other stuff I should be able to figure out pretty quick, how to order dies and foil, temps, pressure, and press time that sort of thing.

Next winter I will be able to put in a couple hours a day (watching hockey and stamping chips). If I find some time before that I will hit you up Doc.

So scraping is not fun. However after looking at the chips I stamped I noticed a difference in the amount of flashing, so I'm hoping with a dialed in constant pressure I can eliminate most of it (fingers crossed).

P.S. anyone I help with stamping will be cleaning up the chips themselves.

IMG_1513.JPG

IMG_1517.JPG

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom