My Custom Storage Cabinet (1 Viewer)

ya i got to see how much 19 in will steel from leg room. I mean another idea is build an extra draw and just carry over the chip tray. This might allow for a smaller faced drawer

ya i got to see how much 19 in will steel from leg room. I mean another idea is build an extra draw and just carry over the chip tray. This might allow for a smaller faced drawer
I was envisioning an actual drawer in the table when you said that, and I would just bring the tray from the cabinet into the table drawer. Someday...

That is exactly what i was thinking either have 1) a permanent draw under the table and just bring over chip tray or 2) slide one out of the storage cabinet and slide it into the table, and definitely with secure lock so one can walk away from table. happy to hear 18in works well...project is going on to do list

Once again I am blown away by the creativity, knowledge and abilities of PCF members to create beautiful things related to poker chips and poker generally. Simply awesome. That storage cabinet is a work of art. Well done.

I just finished up my latest three month project in the woodshop, building a storage cabinet with an 8,000 chip capacity (moar chips!!!). It's made out of Sapele, with poplar drawer boxes, and maple and walnut inlays. The chip trays are from @Spinettis Gaming (here) and sit flush in each drawer. There are finger holes to allow me to pop the trays out and carry them out of the cabinet easily. Finally the wheels are ball castors, rated to support 80 lbs. each, which is definitely necessary considering this thing weighs ~190 lbs. when fully loaded.

A few pics.

View attachment 617894
View attachment 617897

View attachment 617898
View attachment 617899
View attachment 617905
View attachment 617901
View attachment 617902
View attachment 617903
Wow that looks amazing Does it have wheels or casters on the bottom to move around ?

Ball casters

1611414681322.jpeg

Wow. Words that come to mind are gorgeous, beautiful, jealous. Great work!

I just finished up my latest three month project in the woodshop, building a storage cabinet with an 8,000 chip capacity (moar chips!!!). It's made out of Sapele, with poplar drawer boxes, and maple and walnut inlays. The chip trays are from @Spinettis Gaming (here) and sit flush in each drawer. There are finger holes to allow me to pop the trays out and carry them out of the cabinet easily. Finally the wheels are ball castors, rated to support 80 lbs. each, which is definitely necessary considering this thing weighs ~190 lbs. when fully loaded.

A few pics.

View attachment 617894
View attachment 617897

View attachment 617898
View attachment 617899
View attachment 617905
View attachment 617901
View attachment 617902
View attachment 617903
Looks amazing! Well done!

@dukeshow33

Futzing googlers. Is there nothing they can't do?

;)

Seriously, though: gorgeous, Ryan. Well done.

And I'm guessing a steel plate in the back as a counterweight?

Futzing googlers. Is there nothing they can't do?

;)

Seriously, though: gorgeous, Ryan. Well done.

And I'm guessing a steel plate in the back as a counterweight?
LOL. Thanks, Eliott!

What keeps it from toppling over is three things
1) The position of the wheels underneath being slightly offset to the front.
2) What @TX_Golf_N_Poker said.
3) Largest / heaviest sets on the bottom

So far so good!

One of the nicest looking chips storage pieces I've seen. Great job.

Nice work! This looks great. Must be all the more satisfying since you built it instead of just purchasing a cabinet (something that I’d have to do since I don’t have this skill set!)

Thanks! It really makes me happy to see all the positive feedback. I would consider making them to order but I fear the hobby then becomes a job and loses some of it’s appeal :( Also, I really need to take my time on these kinds of projects so it probably would be infuriating to wait months for a cabinet to be made haha.

I know @alecnetwoodworks makes some mighty fine cabinets to order, though!

Insane! Seriously amazing work man.

My wood projects end up looking like a toddler slapped them together.

Thanks! It really makes me happy to see all the positive feedback. I would consider making them to order but I fear the hobby then becomes a job and loses some of it’s appeal :( Also, I really need to take my time on these kinds of projects so it probably would be infuriating to wait months for a cabinet to be made haha.

I know @alecnetwoodworks makes some mighty fine cabinets to order, though!

Keep up the great work! It takes time to create art from scratch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom