My Custom Storage Cabinet (2 Viewers)

rjdev7

Full House
Site Vendor
Reaction score
I just finished up my latest three month project in the woodshop, building a storage cabinet with an 8,000 chip capacity (moar chips!!!). It's made out of Sapele, with poplar drawer boxes, and maple and walnut inlays. The chip trays are from @Spinettis Gaming (here) and sit flush in each drawer. There are finger holes to allow me to pop the trays out and carry them out of the cabinet easily. Finally the wheels are ball castors, rated to support 80 lbs. each, which is definitely necessary considering this thing weighs ~190 lbs. when fully loaded.

A few pics.

IMG_3568.jpg

IMG_3569.jpg

IMG_3570.jpg

IMG_3571.jpg

IMG_3573.jpg

IMG_3575.jpg

IMG_3577.jpg

IMG_3580.jpg

Last edited:
those dove tails look tight as hell, just curious did you use a bit and jig or hand saw? Also were the draws made to exact fit of the chip trays or is there some play?

those dove tails look tight as hell, just curious did you use a bit and jig or hand saw? Also were the draws made to exact fit of the chip trays or is there some play?
I have a jig that I use my hand router with. Don’t have the patience for hand cutting :)
The drawers were made to exactly fit the trays but “exact” with me means there’s still a little play haha.

Seriously beautiful. I wish I had 1% of your woodworking skills!

I totally understand the patience statement. My father always brings me his dove hand saws when we are working on a project and I always take them out of the bag cause they are gorgeous to look at. Then I put them back in and get the router out and plug it in. Plus This allows me to hear his speech on how speed is the enemy of quality, its one of my favorite lifelong lectures.

Dare I say what everyone is hoping for???
DIY THREAD!!!!!!! lol

Very cool. I plan on doing the same. Are you using those 1000 chip tray inserts?

Now what i am thinking here is, if those draws are easily removed and then can be used to slide into a draw mount under a poker table. How wide is the face of the draw?

Now what i am thinking here is, if those draws are easily removed and then can be used to slide into a draw mount under a poker table. How wide is the face of the draw?
Ohhhh I love that idea of building a drawer into the table itself!! This will definitely have to happen now. The drawers are 18.5” wide

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom