My Apache 4800 build (1 Viewer)

forrest

Sitting Out
Reaction score
Apache 4800 case for my current 800 43mm Royal chips.

Good:
- This setup can later on be extend to 1000 Royal chips by adding another row on the right.

Bad:
- Not easy to take the chips out.

Attachments

• chips.jpg
    chips.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 591
Looks great!

Other members here have had good success removing the foam and coating it in a couple layers of plastidip. It helps the foam hold up a little better as you load and unload the chips.

You are missing one key thing.

Putting a 9/16 inch thick board or foam or something underneath the chips in the rack will lift them up enough to make removing them easier while not lifting it too much to where closing the lid gets difficult. It's what I did.

Looks great!

Other members here have had good success removing the foam and coating it in a couple layers of plastidip. It helps the foam hold up a little better as you load and unload the chips.
Thanks @kaimat, will do a bit search to see how people done that.

You are missing one key thing.

Putting a 9/16 inch thick board or foam or something underneath the chips in the rack will lift them up enough to make removing them easier while not lifting it too much to where closing the lid gets difficult. It's what I did.
Thanks for the tip. I cannot access the picture though (no permission of new account). Quick question, if you have a board/foam underneth the upper layer of chips. How do you access the chips in the lower layer, taking out the upper layer foam first?

if you have a board/foam underneth the upper layer of chips. How do you access the chips in the lower layer, taking out the upper layer foam first?
The board goes all the way on the bottom, under the flat thin foam that everything sits on. It elevates all the chips. Now yes you do have to remove the top layer of chips to get at the bottom layer, but I have mine stacked by denomination so if I need the bottom layer of something it is because the top layer is empty already.

The board goes all the way on the bottom, under the flat thin foam that everything sits on. It elevates all the chips. Now yes you do have to remove the top layer of chips to get at the bottom layer, but I have mine stacked by denomination so if I need the bottom layer of something it is because the top layer is empty already.
That makes sense! Thanks for the clarification. I will try that out.

So I wanted the chips to display well when I opened the case. I put in a dealer tray. The other chips are in boxes but I will change it to matsui racks once I get enough. It’s only 1000 piece set but I like the layout. Still need to pluck out slots for button, setups, and extra chips

96AE4190-2DC1-4874-8340-3E0776A84E98.jpeg
F1EF473F-D2EA-4630-B75B-5D2CBC9CE8C7.jpeg

So I wanted the chips to display well when I opened the case. I put in a dealer tray. The other chips are in boxes but I will change it to matsui racks once I get enough. It’s only 1000 piece set but I like the layout. Still need to pluck out slots for button, setups, and extra chips

View attachment 853169View attachment 853168
I like the dealer tray idea!!

View attachment 853169View attachment 853168

Finally got matsui racks. Used 3d3p inserts.

A95CF120-FD42-4C7A-9238-037EFAD83B80.jpeg
1AAC90EF-96F7-40B6-B579-7D0580199DE2.jpeg

I bought a 4800 for a 1000 piece 43mm set I want to build. What’s a good chip tray/case and where to get them from for that?

Thank you for the link! Now I just need to get past the new member requirements so I can run a group buy for 43mm set.

Apache 4800 case for my current 800 43mm Royal chips.

Good:
- This setup can later on be extend to 1000 Royal chips by adding another row on the right.

Bad:
- Not easy to take the chips out.
Get some paracord and pull the stuffing out of it. Then tie it in a loop. Put the racks in the loop and you have a handle to pull them out with. Works for me.
1691619522910.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom