Traded My (300) Sturm Ruger Set for your ... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aggie

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I've had a bunch of PMs/interest in this super cool set, so offering it up for trade to see if anything interesting comes of it.

Sturm, Ruger & Co. employee gift travel set ... leaded THCs with textured inlays that are tough to beat for gun & chip enthusiasts. Pretty sure they don't pop up too often. Set consists of:
  • (50) .50s
  • (100) $1s
  • (100) $5s
  • (25) $25s
  • (25) $100s
Open to ideas with top priority given to trades including Aztar .50s, Aurora Star .25s, LCO $2s (a boy can hope), or other THCs. Only RHC interest would be a killer frac option for Aransas Queens.

Fire me an offer, my DMs are open. Headed to USPS tomorrow, so show me what you got!

COoURAF.jpg

Last edited:
@Windwalker to expand, I've had these for quite a while and definitely not via eBay.

I know of a few floating around on PCF and at least one who's put together a double set. I vaguely remember an eBay discussion about an overpriced set a while back, but $5k is news to me. Maybe I missed my chance to undercut the seller at $4.5k? :ROFL: :ROFLMAO:

For those interested (so you don't think you're walking into a landmine), I value them right around CDIs for obvious reasons, maybe slightly higher due to rarity and because the story's pretty compelling for a subset of enthusiasts.

A double set of those would be all I would need for the rest of my life (and I don't even care about guns.)
Those are about as good as it gets.
Aren’t these the exact same as CDI 98s, done as a promotional item for rifle company?

Aren’t the Dodgers the exact same as other MLB teams, just with a different logo? :)

BTW I’m a buyer of a second set at $1450.
My question was more academic, since a few have been talking about, including @upNdown saying it would put him into chipping retirement. I wondered if there was anything historically significant about this set.

My question was more academic, since a few have been talking about, including @upNdown saying it would put him into chipping retirement. I wondered if there was anything historically significant about this set.
No, I think you're right. But these are far more rare and obscure.
(The embarrassing truth is that I've never cared for CDIs. I don't like their inlay and I don't understand why so many people love them)

I do see your point. For a gun enthusiast, it’s a slam dunk answer.

Aside from that, I think the set just checks a lot of boxes … perennial American company made for another perennial American company, great spots, leaded, an actual attractive label, unique enough from a home game security perspective, etc. At a slight premium over CDIs, I can see the appeal even for non-gun lovers.

Yes, same colors and spots as CDI98. Good murder candidates.
I agree, CDIs are perfect murder candidates to expand this set.

If I misunderstood, I’m also happy to offer 3:1 odds these won’t be murdered by the next owner. :) :tup:

It’s ok, I have some weird passion projects that skew my own view of reality, as well. Sometimes all it takes is a lopsided bet to reset my perspective … glad I could help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom