Cash Game Multi-Table Cash Game (1 Viewer)

TomC727

Flush
Supporter
Reaction score
So I’ve been hosting a single table cash game monthly. Solid spread of food. Drinks. Good times.

Mainly 1/2 NL Hold ‘Em and Omaha minimum $100 max $300, unlimited rebuys, if we have a full table (8-10). If we have less players (4-7), we play dealer calls it games.

I’m hosting another cash game this Saturday.

Initially RSVP was 7, then 8, then 9, then jumped to 12, now 13 (Max will be 14, thought probably will end up being 12, factoring in a late cancel).

Question for the group. Any issue with breaking it up into 2 tables (yes, this has to be done) where one table is dealer call it’s and one table is strictly NL Hold ‘Em. A couple of the players are for the most part, strict Hold ‘Em players, so it should be a pretty equal split of dealer call its vs. Hold ‘Em.

Any thoughts?

I am in a similar boat. My invite list has grown to where I have to stop inviting once I hit 10 rsvp until I buy a second table.

Half my players like Omaha and pineapple etc, half of them are poker=Holdem guys. My plan is to do exactly what you suggest, a Holdem table and a dealers choice table to keep everyone happy and coming back.

Having not done it yet, I'm just not sure how I want to consolidate once the field narrows. Probably one table will break and those that want to continue just jump in the other game.

So I’ve been hosting a single table cash game monthly. Solid spread of food. Drinks. Good times.

Mainly 1/2 NL Hold ‘Em and Omaha minimum $100 max $300, unlimited rebuys, if we have a full table (8-10). If we have less players (4-7), we play dealer calls it games.

I’m hosting another cash game this Saturday.

Initially RSVP was 7, then 8, then 9, then jumped to 12, now 13 (Max will be 14, thought probably will end up being 12, factoring in a late cancel).

Question for the group. Any issue with breaking it up into 2 tables (yes, this has to be done) where one table is dealer call it’s and one table is strictly NL Hold ‘Em. A couple of the players are for the most part, strict Hold ‘Em players, so it should be a pretty equal split of dealer call its vs. Hold ‘Em.

Any thoughts?
I say take a poll of those that RSVP and see if you have 5 or more interested in dealer's choice. If you do, give those players table 2 when they arrive.

If not, then you should just run two tables with the advertised game.

I have a similar 8 player table tale. We play Dealers choice, 1/2 play Hold Em, 2 play Pineapple, and 2 Omaha.
I have 8 guys (including me) that will play, no matter day, time etc. I have another 4-5 guys that will play if I need a player including my 2 older sons.
The extras are fine with being on the on call list, which makes it easy on my scheduling. I try to give them a few days notice.

About a week prior to a game, I put put an e-mail / text to my 7 regulars, give them a day/time and ask them to let me know in a few days if they can play.
If I get some that can't play due to other comittments, then I go to my spare list, the to my 2 sons. I've never had any issues getting my table filled for this reason.
Granted, the guys on my spare list play at other home games, so they get enough poker to scratch the itch.

This works for my home games.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom