MSK Plaque (Canadian currency) - Order Thread (CLOSED- Payments Complete) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay83

Pair
Reaction score
Status: CLOSED, Payments are complete. Awaiting the second set of prototypes.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13OOrArNM7--190gQyxqz_Pzo_qCX8cXA8AsXwtjDIsM/edit?usp=sharing

THIS GROUP BUY IS CLOSED

Here we go, this is my first time running something like this, so bear with me.

Plaque Details and Pricing:
Pricing is based on final order numbers. Here is the final estimate from June 23rd. No minimum order. Plaques will have the mother of pearl effect on the entire surface and will have coloured edges as shown in the MSK mockup.

1593028919344.png

Additonal Fees (To be split among all participants by units ordered)
- Shipping from factory $523 USD
- Banking / Wire Transfer Fees- ~70 USD
- Customs/Import/Duty Fees - TBD by Tony and included in reshipping
- Reshipping (see reshipping section below)

Plaques will have unique serial numbers. Decision so far is to go with a series of number/letters and then XXXX for the identifier to replicate the actual bills.
$20: AGB1125XXXX where XXXX is 0001 to final amount
$50: VVB0927XXXX
$100: MDM0731XXXX

The assignment of the numbers will go as follows:
- Timinater gets his choice as he provided the artwork
- Everyone else will be sequentially assigned a grouping based on order time and this will be tracked in the order spreadsheet.
- There's no way we can satisfy everyone, but this is the nature of having unique serial numbers on the plaques. Please understand that.

Notes:
  • This is not a "profit" group buy. Plaques will be sold at cost, PLUS shipping, PayPal, reshipping fees and any additional fees (bank wire fee, customs/import duty, etc.)
  • I will NOT be taking on any financial risk. All payments will be submitted before ordering and plaques will not be reshipped until we confirm re-shipping costs and payment is made.
  • Any additional fees will be communicated here and in the order spreadsheet
  • Will do my utmost to communicate clearly, but may need to be decisive at times, so please don't get upset if a decision is made that you don't like.
  • Reshipping will be at the hands of T_Chan who has graciously accepted that responsibility
  • Anticipating majority of orders to be from Canada, so will convert to $CAD using the exchange rate I receive from Transferwise for payment to MSK. Preference will be Interac/Email Money Transfer, but can also accept Paypal Friends/Family (or you cover the fees). As long as I get the equivalent of what came out of my account to pay MSK, I'm good! Bonus points if you have TransferWise and can send me payment that way- it's likely the easiest and most cost effective from a conversion and fee point of view.

Initial Mockup from MSK (as of May 20th, 2020):
1590445898312.png

Timinater mock ups (Serial Number missing):
1590459558860.png

Plaque Cases:
MSK has plaque cases available for $5 USD. They have two sizes, small for the 94x66 and large for 107x75 and 118x82. The below photo on the right is the 94x66 size. Thickness is the same, so the larger cases can hold the smaller plaques. Cases will hold 50 plaques (5 compartments of 10 plaques).

1590508120372.png
1590508147554.png

Quality:

To get an idea of MSK's quality/style, see the sample images below.

msksample2.jpg msksample1.jpg

Final Version:

1594819575156.png

1594819602598.png

1594819620827.png

1594819641074.png

1594819661324.png

1594819680897.png

Re-Shipping Costs
Tony (T_Chan) will be coordinating the reshipping of the plaques once they land in Canada.

Last edited:
Ok, I know that I would prefer non sequential serials, and I saw @Poker Zombie also state that he would prefer that as well. I know that @T_Chan was planning on ordering a fairly large amount of these.

If anyone else would like to have a random assortment of serials, let me know. I could potentially have everyone interested shipped to Chanman’s warehouse, and could randomize the serials a bit, then reship from there.

Currently I am interested in:

$20 - 22pca
$50 - 12 pcs
$100 - 12 pca

Large case 5
Small case 5

Also,
$20: AGB1125XXXX
$50: VVB0927XXXX
$100: MDM0731XXXX

I’m gonna guess that AGB and VVB and MDM are initials, with the first numbers being birthdays?

Last edited:
Btw, numbers that I am particularly interested in are:
96 (the first number I ever chose for myself in my racing ‘career’ , chosen at around age 10)
33 (the number that my father chose for me as my first racing number, age 8, and then later used as one of my numbers playing hockey)

aside from those 2 numbers, I don’t have any preference at all.

Not sure what my order is yet, but they will for sure all be 0001-00?? for what I do order.

Don’t think with my quantities 96 or 33 will be a concern @Racer96.

Out of curiosity, are there any benefits to non-sequential sequencing or is it just preference? I thought the main driver for serial numbers was security, so sequential would be more beneficial. That said, if you can talk people into swapping with you for certain numbers, just let me know and I can pack them that way when I reship, that doesn't seem like a big deal. I can't start assigning numbers until I know how many Tim wants anyway.

I personally didn’t care either way with regards to serials, but since we are getting them with serial numbers I just figured I would prefer to have it the way I would have bills in my wallet. Extremely rarely do I have a sequence of bills in order. With a random allotment it just seems more real to me, rather than something created just for myself.

$20 - 1
$50 - 30
$100 - 1
Large case - 1

All sequential preferably.

Dumb question but is there possibly a chance to add on plaque racks (?) from MSK?

//

Updated May 26

Last edited:
So they do have plaque cases, just confirming if they have three different sizes, or if they're one size fits all. Will update main post with more info once I confirm.

Some more info on prototyping as well. They can produce prototypes, and the fee will be waived if no changes are made to the design. Fees are as follows:
- $35.66 per piece for 94*66
- $37.82 per piece for 107*75
- $39.00 per piece for 118*82
- shipping cost not included.

I think what this means is that once we are happy with the design and have our final numbers we can have them make one of each and send pictures/videos. A change would only be warranted if a major flaw was discovered (i.e. they looked horrible) and then the cost of the prototypes would be adsorbed by the group.

These are super cool, so even though I'm in the US, I'll probably get 1 of each.

$20 - 1 pc
$50 - 1 pc
$100 - 1 pc

Serial numbers ending in 23, 29, 57, 59, 02, 13, 07 or 99 (in that order of preference) would be cool, if possible. If not, no worries.

If by some chance the orders for any one of these exceeds 1000, I'd love to have 1029, 1102 & 1223. I would increase my order to get all three of those numbers.

These are super cool, so even though I'm in the US, I'll probably get 1 of each.

$20 - 1 pc
$50 - 1 pc
$100 - 1 pc

Serial numbers ending in 23, 29, 57, 59, 02, 13, 07 or 99 (in that order of preference) would be cool, if possible. If not, no worries.

If by some chance the orders for any one of these exceeds 1000, I'd love to have 1029, 1102 & 1223. I would increase my order to get all three of those numbers.

I think what I'm going to do is leave it up to the folks that want specific numbers to contact the buyer that the number has been assigned to and let them decide if they're willing to swap. We'll see how it goes, but if it becomes a logistical nightmare, we'll scrap it and the numbers you're assigned are the numbers you get.

Not exactly sure what shipping to the states looks like, but will likely be a few bucks more for re-shipping, so keep that in mind. Will still use Canada Post (which hands over to USPS).

Last edited:
My order includes extras so if anyone wants a sample, I can get that arranged.

Appreciate you reaching out!
No worries. I think even if they have 3 sizes I'd just grab a case for the larger plaques and deal with some looseness. For $5 you can't really go wrong and it might make re-shipping easier haha.

No worries. I think even if they have 3 sizes I'd just grab a case for the larger plaques and deal with some looseness. For $5 you can't really go wrong and it might make re-shipping easier haha.

If the cases fit plaques in quantities of, say 20 plaques, I'd probably increase my order to fill it completely lol.

Thanks for the tag. Laid off right now so I’m can’t commit but if anyone in Canada wants to sell a sample set in the future keep me in mind!

Hello @AllDay83 I would like to order the following;

$20 - 30
$50 - 10
$100 - 10
Large Case - 2

If it's all the same to you and everyone else, I am very partial to the number 44. If my serials could contain that I would REALLY appreciate it. I wore 44 as a jersey number, and my car license plate is HTMN44. I would love to have that number please and thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom