Tourney Moving players in a MTT (help) (1 Viewer)

Seating draws will play a big role in the outcome.
Probably less than you think.

We hold a final table championship for our yearly league; the top eight players in points qualify with starting stacks that reflect their accumulated points (typically 20k to 55k, averaging about 34k).

In 17 seasons, the final table's big stack has won exactly once. The majority of winners have come from the 4th-largest starting stack position (second-highest number of winners came from the 2nd-largest stack position).

A bunch of chips don't guarantee a win. :)

Probably less than you think.

We hold a final table championship for our yearly league; the top eight players in points qualify with starting stacks that reflect their accumulated points (typically 20k to 55k, averaging about 34k).

In 17 seasons, the final table's big stack has won exactly once. The majority of winners have come from the 4th-largest starting stack position (second-highest number of winners came from the 2nd-largest stack position).

A bunch of chips don't guarantee a win. :)
I just meant having a good player stuck to your left. In a field of 21 where only about five play decent poker, having one of those five on your left is a big disadvantage if the other four good players have fish on their left.

Not saying it’s a death sentence. I do realize a 20 minute level tournament is going to be high variance.

Standard tournament rules also call for a full random seating redraw when breaking down to three, two, and the final table.... with zero consideration for stack sizes. Some large home games do this, others do not.
I think I’ll do a redraw when we merge to two tables so people aren’t burdened with a good player to their left for the majority of the tournament.
Another aspect of this is that it takes longer to do a complete redraw compared to just moving the players from the table that's been broken down. As a host I simply just let them draw among the unclaimed seating chips for the remaining tables. Takes me 20 seconds and the live tables don't even need to stop playing.

So while I respect TDA rules, I do break some of them for various reasons. This one is broken for the convenience of the host :)

Except for the final table. I like that seats get reset for the final!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account and join our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom